IP WEEKEND CHAT - Fri, Aug 19 - Sun, Aug 21

You're on Page 8 of 10
Go to
  • Where are you 2ride? I alwaysclook for your posts.
  • IP food recs (esp for breakfast)
    Quote: For breakfast during work days I enjoy the cereal with cinnamon, the oatmeal, the orange drink and the peach/mango.
    If i have a drink for breakfast I personally feel that I need the pudding or soup for lunch to keep me full till dinner. Cappuccino would be good for breakfast too. keep an eye on it in the microwave though, it tends to rise and overflow if you don't watch it.
    Thanks for the recommendations. I made up a bunch of food today (including hubby and I grilling veggies, small portions of proteins as well) so I would have lots of options. But the recommendations from others help--the list is just overwhelming.

carrie
  • Carrie's Day 5 status--good but ...
    Day 5, but I think I'm figuring this out. Hubby isn't on the diet, but is trying to cut out everything I am having to do so as well. We shopped together to get veggies, came home and cleaned/chopped them all up so they are ready for whatever.

Annoying part is he has already lost 7 lbs in 3 days. After 2 days I had lost 2 lbs. I've decided not to weigh myself at home, but let my coach do the weigh in! But hopefully my husband and I will be able to support each other this way.

I saw someone saying they went to their farmer's market. I completely forgot about that, since the location of ours just moved. That is always a great idea for good produce (and in season) so we'll make sure to check ours out.

For our family, this diet is a dramatic lifestyle change, so I am really hoping I will start to see changes. I just have tried and failed many other times that I just assume that I won't see results with this diet (even after a month).

I'm following it completely--no cheating at all, and skipping out on anything that might encourage me to cheat. I've had two doctors approve it, I'm serious about it, but concerned it's just too good...

I think it's getting too late! But I SO want this diet to work, and me to be able to keep the weight off after (and I do know I cannot just go back to what I was doing before--it'll all come back on). This is costing too much to take it off and then me put it back on!

Sorry for rambling. Thanks for all the information and support.

carrie
  • Quote: Day 5, but I think I'm figuring this out. Hubby isn't on the diet, but is trying to cut out everything I am having to do so as well. We shopped together to get veggies, came home and cleaned/chopped them all up so they are ready for whatever.

Annoying part is he has already lost 7 lbs in 3 days. After 2 days I had lost 2 lbs. I've decided not to weigh myself at home, but let my coach do the weigh in! But hopefully my husband and I will be able to support each other this way.

I saw someone saying they went to their farmer's market. I completely forgot about that, since the location of ours just moved. That is always a great idea for good produce (and in season) so we'll make sure to check ours out.

For our family, this diet is a dramatic lifestyle change, so I am really hoping I will start to see changes. I just have tried and failed many other times that I just assume that I won't see results with this diet (even after a month).

I'm following it completely--no cheating at all, and skipping out on anything that might encourage me to cheat. I've had two doctors approve it, I'm serious about it, but concerned it's just too good...

I think it's getting too late! But I SO want this diet to work, and me to be able to keep the weight off after (and I do know I cannot just go back to what I was doing before--it'll all come back on). This is costing too much to take it off and then me put it back on!

carrie
    Hi Carrie, welcome and congratulations for your losses so far! Don't compare yourself with your husband. Guys can drop weight just by thinking aoout it!

This diet got easier and more routine by day 8 for me. I dont' know why day 8 was my magic day but it was.

Good luck and use this forum - it's kept me motivated and given me some fantastic ideas.
  • Quote: Day 5, but I think I'm figuring this out. Hubby isn't on the diet, but is trying to cut out everything I am having to do so as well. We shopped together to get veggies, came home and cleaned/chopped them all up so they are ready for whatever.

carrie
    Yay!!! You've got the right attitude!!! Woot woot!!! This way of eating REALLY works!! I can't believe we don't hear about it EVERYWHERE!!! I guess it's still new in most places (as I had never heard about it until this past February)!
    I have tried anything and everything over the past 20 years to get the weight off AND KEEP IT OFF!! I have never gotten to goal EVER.....until now! IP has been an absolute blessing to me (and Hubby...who has lost almost 100 lbs)!!! We are on day three of Phase 3....and loving every minute of it!! We are so confident that this will be our new way of life.....and we can actually stick with it too!! You can have success too!! Stay with it! IT WORKS!!!
  • Quote: So much catching up to do. Work was getting in the way of checking the boards yesterday, so I had to catch up today

Lots of great SV's happening! I LOVE IT!

I am officially 7 days into bootcamp. I am hoping for another good loss this week, but I hope for it every week, so what else is new??? It is funny how we all have a little "schedule" of drops, or so it seems. I can go all week roughly staying the same weight and then have a big drop after the weekend. It is kind of weird.

Had scrambled eggs for lunch today, and OMG I forgot how much I missed them! I haven't had them since I started IP for no reason in particular and I was trying to decide if I should have chicken or chicken for lunch and it was just not appealing. And then all the sudden it hit me- Eggs! They were so yummy.

Dare I say, that I think that the weekends are getting easier to manage? Could it be that I am actually breaking old habits? I do not seem to suffer as much through them. I don't mean "suffer" in the actual sense, but weekends have been very hard for me and I would struggle through them with wanting to eat off plan foods and snack. I am noticing that each weekend that goes by, it gets a little bit better.

I can't believe that I am in my 12th week of IP and how far I have come. This is absolutely the best program I have ever done. I am getting closer and closer to goal every day and I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have never felt that before.
    I am so glad your weekends are better! They can be tough.

Are you still making your pudding cakes everyday. I make them for lunch and eat them with my salad. I feel like I am having a "real" lunch when I have them. I don't think the 2 egg whites everyday are causing any problems that I can tell. My coach did not tell me to omit them. What did your coach say about them?
  • Quote: I weighed in this morning and I am officially 20 pounds down! I am so excited about saying goodbye to my first 20.

It's a huge accomplishment for me and I have to say that I am so proud of it.
    Congrats!!! Such an exciting goal to meet! Reward yourself!!!!
  • Congratulations to all on staying on Ideal Protein and having losses! I am very happy to report a move into the 50s. 159.8 is close but it is there! It makes my 40s goal so much closer!!!
    Lauren: I like your quote "In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired." I also like one where they commented that old habbits produce old results. I want change and new habbits.
    My big challenge today is a dinner party tonight with 5 couples. There is no menu. It is a spanish seafood rice paella party. My plan is to eat the seafood and scrape off any rice!
  • Quote: Congratulations to all on staying on Ideal Protein and having losses! I am very happy to report a move into the 50s. 159.8 is close but it is there! It makes my 40s goal so much closer!!!
    Lauren: I like your quote "In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired." I also like one where they commented that old habbits produce old results. I want change and new habbits.
    My big challenge today is a dinner party tonight with 5 couples. There is no menu. It is a spanish seafood rice paella party. My plan is to eat the seafood and scrape off any rice!
    Excellent........! "If you do what you've always done, you get what you've always gotten" We'd all be heavier than our original start weights if we hadn't made that change. Stay strong...and enjoy the heck out of that seafood!
  • Quote: Thanks for the great news. We're on our way to Philly to check out my daughters new apt (off campus living uggg). I will have my bag of peppers ready to munch on the way. Yay!!!!
    What school is she going to? Some areas aren't bad.
  • Just a little venting.
    last night was dinner with 20+ crazy italian family members
    power went out where we planned to go because of typical summer storms. So everyone at my parent's house is throwing out ideas, lets go to Hooters, lets order pizza (I wanted to scream NOOOOO) (I was worried because i had previously planned what i was going to eat). We ended up at our usual Local Italian favorite. I survived with salad and grilled grouper with zucchini,Broccoli and cauliflower while everyone drank wine and ate garlic bread.

I am proud of myself and a lot of my cousins said they are proud of me and said they notice my weight loss and i told them it's only been 13lb, but they say they can tell. they are all so skinny and do Crossfit workouts ( I just wasn't a fan of Crossfit).

I sat next to my cousin Jimmy (fun, opinionated italian). He say me squeezing lemon juice and olive oil on my salad and started to lecture me...no dressing? there's easier ways to lose weight, blah blah blah.... you can't do that forever... he said, I have tried it all, there are easier ways to do it. I just didn't feel like going through it all with him. I was just like, well I have tried all things too and this works. it's all scientific and no I am not doing it forever, I will phase out and maintain.

ugh, I don't know why I let it bother me. He doesn't mean to be hurtful. It's just annoying. I am just hoping I can show up at another family dinner in october or November and in maintainance, have a glass of wine and a bowl of pasta with veggies and look lean and mean!!!

Just thought I would share because I know we all have had some social occasions that have been hard.
  • Quote: Congratulations to all on staying on Ideal Protein and having losses! I am very happy to report a move into the 50s. 159.8 is close but it is there! It makes my 40s goal so much closer!!!
    love that quote too! You could bring a veggie tray tonight too. Enjoy the seafood. Yum!
  • Thanks to all posting with support. When I couldn't sleep last night and was still up around 3am, THAT is when I get stressed and crave something, anything. But I managed to just drink tea (actually several cups :-) of tea) and fell asleep downstairs. Hubby was just snoring too loud to stay in bed, which started the "can't sleep process" but I still love him anyway!

But we had a nice dinner: 5 oz of very lean sirloin (VERY small piece of steak!!), portabella mushrooms, and grilled zucchini. Also field green salad. Then vanilla/chocolate pudding (I tried getting fancy and layered the puddings). And leftovers of all for the week (plus grilled chicken and other veggies packed away) for my very busy week. As long as the two of us can keep having some time to do these things, it will greatly help. My 9 yr old son LOVES the WF Italian dressing, but I've been trying to explain that we're having probs getting him to GAIN weight, and I really need every drop of that dressing :-)

And of course my wildberry yogurt (which I fixed last night and put into the freezer) was lovely...but quite frozen for a while. Breakfast was a tad delayed! Sigh....Bars begin tomorrow!
  • Quote: Just a little venting.
    last night was dinner with 20+ crazy italian family members
    power went out where we planned to go because of typical summer storms. So everyone at my parent's house is throwing out ideas, lets go to Hooters, lets order pizza (I wanted to scream NOOOOO) (I was worried because i had previously planned what i was going to eat). We ended up at our usual Local Italian favorite. I survived with salad and grilled grouper with zucchini,Broccoli and cauliflower while everyone drank wine and ate garlic bread.

I am proud of myself and a lot of my cousins said they are proud of me and said they notice my weight loss and i told them it's only been 13lb, but they say they can tell. they are all so skinny and do Crossfit workouts ( I just wasn't a fan of Crossfit).

I sat next to my cousin Jimmy (fun, opinionated italian). He say me squeezing lemon juice and olive oil on my salad and started to lecture me...no dressing? there's easier ways to lose weight, blah blah blah.... you can't do that forever... he said, I have tried it all, there are easier ways to do it. I just didn't feel like going through it all with him. I was just like, well I have tried all things too and this works. it's all scientific and no I am not doing it forever, I will phase out and maintain.

ugh, I don't know why I let it bother me. He doesn't mean to be hurtful. It's just annoying. I am just hoping I can show up at another family dinner in october or November and in maintainance, have a glass of wine and a bowl of pasta with veggies and look lean and mean!!!

Just thought I would share because I know we all have had some social occasions that have been hard.
    I think you hit the nail on the head....opinionated! Everybody's got one, some more than others. I don't think it will ever stop "bothering" us when people seem to be criticial of our choices. It just makes us that much stronger and more determined to prove people wrong. You stay strong.....your choice was the right choice for you and not your skinny cousin!

I was at my club meeting Thursday nite.....food (good southern food) and drink galore! I sat socializing and enjoying my water. My friend who I had not seen since April, didn't say anything about my weight loss. She jumped up on her soapbox about how no one should ever try and lose weight when they were trying to get their medications straight, etc and blah, blah, blah. I just looked out her because I know NOTHING I could say at that moment would break through her closed mind. I looked at another friend and smiled and then started up another conversation. Not long after, she went into a mini rant about how her husband had lost 6 llbs and she couldn't get the scale to move. I then understood where her initial rant came from. People get jealous too easily when it comes to weight loss. When I did leave that night, she did tell me....You look great skinny!
  • Quote: I am so glad your weekends are better! They can be tough.

Are you still making your pudding cakes everyday. I make them for lunch and eat them with my salad. I feel like I am having a "real" lunch when I have them. I don't think the 2 egg whites everyday are causing any problems that I can tell. My coach did not tell me to omit them. What did your coach say about them?
    I eat pudding cakes each and every day that I am home to make them (sometimes I travel for work). And let me tell you, on the days I don't have them, I really miss them I think they are going to be the thing I miss the most when I phase off. My coach is the one who actually gave me the recipe for them, so I would say she approves! I do not think that the (2) extra egg whites are causing me any issues either. Aside from that fluke week, I have had decent losses and am averaging just about 2# per week and that is fine by me.