IP WEEKEND CHAT - Fri, Aug 19 - Sun, Aug 21

You're on Page 7 of 10
Go to
  • gettinmygrooveback,

AWESOME!
  • I weighed in this morning and I am officially 20 pounds down! I am so excited about saying goodbye to my first 20.

It's a huge accomplishment for me and I have to say that I am so proud of it.
  • Quote: I am numb. Yesterday AM was my "official" WI#11. I was beside myself to see that 201 on the scale, so happy knowing 199.5 was right around the corner! This morning I got on the scale (I weigh everyday and have done so since day 1) and I'll be d***, if the sucker didn't read 199.5. I have weighed myself no less than 10 times this morning with each reading at 199.5. My pattern has always been to drop on the weekend. At every WI, I have dropped at least one pound the next day......unusual but you haven't heard me complain. I was expecting my body to hold steady and hover at 200 for days.... give me one last fight. Is this real? Did I really DO it? OMG I am in ONEDERLAND So why am I so numb? And why am I petrified that someone is going to take this away from me? I haven't cried yet, but at some point that numbness is going to wear off and the tears of joy are gonna flow. I did it...I did it....OMG, I did it!
    Congratulations, you did it ENJOY
  • Quote: I weighed in this morning and I am officially 20 pounds down! I am so excited about saying goodbye to my first 20.

Congrats to you and we are proud of you too! It feels good to say I've lost 20 pounds. I am waiting to say I've lost 30 pounds.
  • Old habits die hard!
    I'm wondering if any of you can appreciate my slight slip the other day while I was cooking pasta for my daughter. I am in week 2 of IP and I guess I'm still trying to break old habits. I checked the pasta after 7 minutes and decided it looked almost done so I just popped a piece in my mouth to make sure, just like I've done every other time I cook pasta. I started chewing it and realized what I was doing. Oh, the horror! I have a chewed up piece of pasta in my mouth and I'm sure the craziest look on my face. Fortunately I regained my composure quickly and turned around and spit it in the trash can. Then proceeded to make sure I got every piece out of my mouth for fear of going out of ketosis. I wasn't even trying to cheat so I sure wasn't going to let this get me. Then I laughed at myself and made a mental note to just check the time and not the texture next time.
  • Can anyone tell me if True Lemon, True Lime and True Orange are okay? I didn't think but I just saw a recipe that called for it.
  • Quote: Can anyone tell me if True Lemon, True Lime and True Orange are okay? I didn't think but I just saw a recipe that called for it.
    They are 0/0/0 but the ingredients list Evaporated cane juice...so I don't think it's allowed IMO
  • Quote: I weighed in this morning and I am officially 20 pounds down! I am so excited about saying goodbye to my first 20.

Yes ma'am, it is huge! Great job and enjoy that feeling. It helps to keep you motivated.
  • Wow! Some great moments going on here!!!! I went on a micro mini vacation with my boys and stayed OP! My slight problem I had was the water. I didnt' track it so I'm not sure if I got it all in. I think I may have made up for it today! ;o)
  • Quote: When I found out my husband needed emergency surgery this afternoon, all I wanted to do was eat to relieve the stress (old habit) But, I didn't. I ate two bars spaced out and a packet. Better than grabbing a snickers in the vending machine. I still managed to weigh in today and I lost 5.6 pounds. Woohoo. We are all home and he is doing well. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    I am so glad to here he is doing well and you had great success while managing the stress.

Quote: I am numb. Yesterday AM was my "official" WI#11. I was beside myself to see that 201 on the scale, so happy knowing 199.5 was right around the corner! This morning I got on the scale (I weigh everyday and have done so since day 1) and I'll be d***, if the sucker didn't read 199.5. I have weighed myself no less than 10 times this morning with each reading at 199.5. My pattern has always been to drop on the weekend. At every WI, I have dropped at least one pound the next day......unusual but you haven't heard me complain. I was expecting my body to hold steady and hover at 200 for days.... give me one last fight. Is this real? Did I really DO it? OMG I am in ONEDERLAND So why am I so numb? And why am I petrified that someone is going to take this away from me? I haven't cried yet, but at some point that numbness is going to wear off and the tears of joy are gonna flow. I did it...I did it....OMG, I did it!

I am sure this will just make your week as you prepare for your next weigh in!

Quote: Can anyone tell me if True Lemon, True Lime and True Orange are okay? I didn't think but I just saw a recipe that called for it.
    Quote: They are 0/0/0 but the ingredients list Evaporated cane juice...so I don't think it's allowed IMO

I am of the opinion they are ok. The sheet just says use 0/0/0/0 items. It doesn't say exclude...... Also, the restricted items use the cane sugars, brown rice syrups, and agave as sweeteners and, since they are allowed now in phase one, I am inclined to think the True products would be ok.

In reality, if you use them monitor your loss. If you slow down, drop them out again.
  • Quote: I'm wondering if any of you can appreciate my slight slip the other day while I was cooking pasta for my daughter. I am in week 2 of IP and I guess I'm still trying to break old habits. I checked the pasta after 7 minutes and decided it looked almost done so I just popped a piece in my mouth to make sure, just like I've done every other time I cook pasta. I started chewing it and realized what I was doing. Oh, the horror! I have a chewed up piece of pasta in my mouth and I'm sure the craziest look on my face. Fortunately I regained my composure quickly and turned around and spit it in the trash can. Then proceeded to make sure I got every piece out of my mouth for fear of going out of ketosis. I wasn't even trying to cheat so I sure wasn't going to let this get me. Then I laughed at myself and made a mental note to just check the time and not the texture next time.
    Don't feel bad. I did the exact thing with pasta when I started this program. I can remember being happy that no one saw me. We do so many things by habit. It does get easier with time.
  • Quote: I am so glad to here he is doing well and you had great success while managing the stress.

I am sure this will just make your week as you prepare for your next weigh in!

I am of the opinion they are ok. The sheet just says use 0/0/0/0 items. It doesn't say exclude...... Also, the restricted items use the cane sugars, brown rice syrups, and agave as sweeteners and, since they are allowed now in phase one, I am inclined to think the True products would be ok.

In reality, if you use them monitor your loss. If you slow down, drop them out again.
    My coach told me no when I asked her about them...but all coaches are different so I guess it becomes a personal choice....
  • Quote: Normally I would say for cramping a "banana" or Tonic H2O, but neither are IP friendly. You are correct it is Potassium that relieves cramping (of course all electrolytes help) Tonic is wonderful for cramping (used when I was a competitive swimmer) Tonic contains quinine, something American Indians used for cramping. Unfortunately, Tonic Water also contains sugar, as quinine is quite bitter. I know many say don't drink Propel, which I have not, but if I start getting Charlie Horses I will drink it, as it contains electrolytes.
    Calcium and potassium are electrolytes. I take 4 of the calmag tabs a day- 2 twice a day because your body cannot absorb all 4 all at once.
  • Quote: We are back home from Virginia where we helped our kids get settled in (or closer to settled in). I did not stay strictly OP but was close for all sorts of reasons. The good news is that at WI this morning I lost a bit of weight and a lot of fat% in the process. It must have been the hundreds of trips up and down the stairs as I was refitting shelves in closets and installing window a/c units, etc. My tail was dragging by the end of each day but we made great progress. It was sure hard to leave the grandkids but I keep telling myself they are only a plane ride away.

On another note: I can testify that the 2 Tbls of salt and liter of water does the trick with the big C; I'll spare you the details.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay strong!
    Great to see you back! My husband (on IP) and I went to a wedding last night where I was the emcee for the evening. He's down a lot of weight, but it was hilarious when he put on his suit - it was so baggy and barely passable, but he sure felt good! I told him you were on IP and making great strides as well, because he was kind of feeling like there were a lot of women on the diet, and he was the only guy. He had a great NSV in Vegas - found a pair of denim shorts on sale and he fit a 36 - he was over the moon!
  • Quote: Sorry for this, but I need to vent a little. Last night, my boyfriend's company was entertaining clients at a hot new club. My BF really wanted me to go, even though I knew I would be the only sober person in the place. I went because my BF begged me, and it was horrible! We first stopped at a pub, where everyone was eating nachos, potato skins, and every other type of fried appetizer you can think of. Everyone kept trying to force me to eat some, and I had to say no so many times. They also kept trying to get me to drink! I kept saying no, and two people actually bought me a drink, even though I said no. My BF had to drink them.

Then we went to the club, where we had bottle service and the alcohol was flowing like water. EVERYONE was trying to force me to drink, even though I had explained that I was on a strict diet and did not want to blow the past 5 weeks of hard work. Again, people would poor me drinks and hand them to me. I finally got so annoyed with everyone trying to pressure me and not respect my decision, that I had to leave.

What is everyone's obsession with drinking alcohol? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE me a glass of pinot grigio, but why do they feel the need to force it on other people. It was a really difficult night to get through, but I can proudly say that I was 100% OP. Needless to say, I will not put myself in that situation again until after I'm in maintenance.
    Not sure what it is - ran into it big time myself - people don't seem to understand that you can have a good time sober. We went to our Toastmasters club BBQ and the hostess kept trying to get me to drink white wine (my fav) and it was almost like she was obsessed with getting me to "fall off the wagon" - the pressure was uncomfortable, but it would have been worse if I'd caved. Someone commented that when you cheat you enjoy it for 2 minutes and regret it for days. I keep that in mind and keep sipping my club soda.