Hello everyone!

• Hey guys.

I just joined this site and I'm really interested in participating and being around a community that will help me achieve my goals.

I have been a chronic yo-yo dieter for about 4 or 5 years. Usually getting on a diet, being strong for about 3 or 4 days and then slacking off and losing the diet altogether in less than 2 weeks after I started it. January 23, 2011, my sister and I decided to start a diet together and we never looked back. By June, I had gone from 240 to 190 and was very happy with how things were going. I had more energy and could do more things than I could have before. Then I went to Colorado for 3 weeks to help at a children's camp and, I remember telling myself, "I'll go off my diet for the 3 weeks I'll be there and get right back on it when I come back". Unfortunately, that has not been the case. Since I returned July 2nd, I have had a really hard struggle to stay on this diet. My sister is no longer on the diet with me and so finding motivation to eat well as well as now not having an exercise partner has taken a real toll on me.

It took me a little less than six months to lose 50lbs. Now, I've been stagnant for almost three months, my weight fluctuating between 200-205. I have officially dropped down to 197 as of this morning and I am very happy. In less than 1 weeks time I need to be less than 192 again. See, it's been one of my goals to one day enter the US Air Force but I never thought it could ever be possible. After taking my ASVAB yesterday and getting a score of 97%, my recruiter really wants to put me into the enlisted program asap and she has to make sure I'm below 192 by August 25th. Sooo....I'm seriously on a "bread and water" diet for the next week (technically rice cakes and water, lol). After I'm in the program, then I'll go back to increasing my caloric intake to 800-1000 calories.

I work out about two times a day, yoga in the morning and jillian's 30 day shred in the evening. I try to throw in a bike ride or a 2 mile jog in during the afternoon, but that doesn't consistently happen.

So anyways, this is me and a little about what's going on with my life. I hope to get the support I crave so much from these forums to help me stay on track so that one day I can post in the goal completion forums when I loose the 90lbs I needed to lose. =)
  • Welcome to the forum!
  • Thanks, I really hope I can connect with you all. =)
  • welcome! Just a suggestion turn those rice cakes into veggies and i think you can def do it!!! I thought my diet was great until i went to a nutritionist and realized i was doing everything wrong >.< I wish you the best of luck and im here if you need anything i also fell off my diet for a few months and gained 4lbs back but im back on track and trying to keep motivated, its always nice to have friends who are trying to do the same!
  • Thanks Amberkksi! I'm certainly adding in fruits and veggies daily, like blueberries and celery and usually one lean cuisine a day, something with protein and veggies in it so I'm not starving my body of nourishment. =) Anyways, good luck on your diet! I fell off and I'm trying to get back on too, so we're in the same boat, lol.