Workout pain?

• When I've been on the treadmill or hiking, I've gotten this intense pain on my lower calves and ankle. If I'm on the elliptical, stairmaster, bike, whatever, I don't have it, but once I hop on the treadmill or do some hiking (normal walking is fine), it feels like my muscles are being stretched and that they're going to break at any point. It is really painful and it feels different from normal workout burn. Is that something to be concerned about or is it just part of working out? it's really holding up my workouts. I've also started stretching more, but maybe I'm not stretching enough or correctly? Anyone have some ideas on how to alleviate this?
  • I have been experiencing something similar when using the treadmill - but only in my left calf! Could barely made it up the stairs after my last work out despite loads if streching before and after. Tonight no treadmill and no pain.

No solutions to offer I am afraid - but will be interested in others thoughts!
  • It is the weirdest feeling. I'm thinking it might be related to my weight gain because this didn't happen when I was at a lower weight.