its been a tough summer!

• I dont know about you guys, but this summer has been really tough to stay on plan! i am working on doing the 17 day diet...it has been like 6 weeks but i havent completed one of the 17 day cycles fully yet, haha. i have lost about 11 pounds, and i am really really happy with that, i just cant help but think about all the weight i could be losing if i could just stay on plan!

between vacation with my husband, weddings, grad parties, birthdays and bridal showers, i feel like nearly every weekend has been a grand celebration, and of course i will partake! i am def not one to turn down a reason to celebrate with cocktails and fatty dips and sugary desserts; even eating before a party cant stop me from indulging, at least a little

i try to balance it with being more active and stuff since its nice out, but i am kind of looking forward to getting into fall where i feel like i have a lot less socializing to do, haha. how about you guys??
  • I know what you mean. I was trying to do no-carb, but then I realized I was making it harder than it needed to be by completely depriving myself of the food I love rather than eating it in moderation. I switched to Weight Watchers and have *loved* it. It allows me to indulge responsibly while still losing weight. My membership subscription worked out to $5/week and it's the best money I spent all summer!
  • yeah WW is great! i did that my first time around and lost like 70 pounds haha. i wanted to try the 17 day diet to kind of expand my food horizons...with not being able to do carbs or sugars at night it made me do some more thinking and cooking!
  • I'm right there with you. I keep on thinking how I need to lose more weight before the fall so I can fit more comfortably into my pants that I haven't worn before the beginning of the summer! Yikes. I feel like in the summer I'm much more prone to giving into going out to dinner and drinks with friends which is definitely annoying. Why do I always gain weight in the summer when I'm supposed to be in warm weather clothes!? haha