i need a partner!

• Hello ladies! I am a new member and would find it really useful to have a partner! Some to check in with every day. Is anyone out there interested?
    I am looking for a very healthy and steady weight loss of 15 pounds. Been at it for a month and feeling as motivated as ever. I only lost 4-5 pounds in the month i've been trying, and so despite my motivation I need some encouragement and help since 4-5 pounds in a month is pretty frustrating!
    Anyone in with me!?

I'm a vegetarian so other veggie's out there would be nice, but not mandatory
  • I'm not a vegetarian, but I'll gladly be your partner! I've been looking for someone to consistently check-in with.
  • id love to be your buddy
  • wonderful! does this forum allow for private messaging? I'm new, just joined today.
  • Yes, PMs are allowed here
  • Ahh! You must be a member for 20 days before you can do PMs.
  • Ok, well I guess we can start here if you want.
  • I'm a vegetarian/vegan and I currently need all the motivation I can get! LOL

How are you? How is your week going? I have about 25 pounds to lose. I've been at it for a while.
  • Hello fresno, fassgal, lindyk, and anyone else joining.

I hope everyone is having a successful week, and speaking of which, you all seem to have been doing this for a while and having great success... what are your secrets? I have never set a weight loss goal for myself, so I am always curious what works for others.

I do a combination of food journal that counts my calories, fat + protein; elliptical 5 days a week; gave up sweets; and doing a great cleansing smoothie every morning. Smoothie is awesome, but the blueberry explosion that happened all over my kitchen and myself this morning was not awesome !!

I don't weigh myself often.... what do you ladies do?? Is it a motivator or a deterrent for you? I only do it once a month, the week after my TOM. But this may not be enough because weight fluctuates so much for reasons I am not sure of.

Well, week 5 is half over, and I have lost 6 pounds now. This is exciting, but it's just not enough for 5 weeks! Why is it coming off so slowly?!

Fill me in on your week, and wishing you a great day.
  • I am indian and almost 80 percent vegeterian. I used to cook at home make roties from 100 percent wheat floor, used to eat brown basmati rice, make curries from sprouted pulses, lots of salad and 1 hour exercise daily.
    But the scale used to moVE extremely slowly.
    Then i changed to fish/chicken and veges yogurt and fruit. Now the scale is moving better.
    I am thinking of intermittant fasting. I do not know whether i can sustain it.
  • Hi guys, I'm new too. I have 17 pounds I need to lose, and I want to stop some of my bad habits (like getting through the day fine then eating at night)...I am eating eggs, fish, and milk but mostly veggies. I need to be accountable to someone and I'd love to be accountable to you guys because I feel I'm unreliable to myself. If I do this knowing I've got to share the next day where I am, I'm much more likely to get things done...That includes exercise as well...

Looking forward to tomorrow..
  • Oh I want to add that I weighed myself this morning, and the number wasn't the dreaded 140.. it was 139.8..!! I'm so happy! I don't know what to do.