My Daily Affirmation

• Hello all,

Sometimes we focus on the negative and forget about the positive. I try to be a positive person. I'm in a stall out (after only 8lbs!), and while I'm trying to not be discouraged, it's getting hard. So, I thought "verbalizing" a daily affirmation will help keep me motivated.

Feel free to join in with your own affirmation, add any comments, or ignore me completely

I will not focus on the fact that I didn't lose anything this week, but will rejoice in the fact that I didn't gain back what I've already lost.
  • Good idea! I have foregone the scale, as it makes me too crazy right now, given my lack of sleep and too-busy schedule. So, sometimes it's hard to get the immediate positive feedback I crave. So -

I will appreciate that I no longer feel hopeless about my weight. Even though I can't focus the same amount of time and energy I did last time I lost a significant amount of weight, I feel so much better physically and mentally than when I feel hopeless.
  • It certainly is a good idea to focus on the positive things in our lives. I, too, tend to get discouraged the scale shows a small gain or I hit a plateau, even for just a week. So . . .

I will accept the ups with the downs, because the downs will win in the end.

Lin
  • This weight loss game is sometimes taxing, the weight comes off ALOT slower then it goes on! I said this in another thread and I truly mean it, this is now my daily mantra: You are worth the effort, just make yourself a priority.

I think when we get caught up in everyday life we often forget to make ourselves a priority, whether it be to take time to exercise, plan out our meals or sit down and read a book to unwind.