im new to this IP forum. so just an introduction and a few questions!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • hello everyone!
    im new to this forum but not new to ideal protein. ive been on it for about 3 months and have lost 33 lbs so far! lately (meaning the past couple of weeks) i'd been having a bit of a hard time not nibbling on things outside of the ip protocol, so one of the girls that goes to my clinic told me about this forum for support and so far it has been very helpful!
    so i was just wondering if anyone on IP has tried the soy patties, leek soup, and cappuccino drink? and what did you guys think of them? and if anyone has any recipes using the IP foods they would like to share that would be awesome!

talk to everyone soon!
    Julia

• You can get recipes, just click on the Ideal Protein and a whole bunch of threads will come up!
    Welcome to the boards!

I have not tried the soy patties and won't
    I really like the cappucino
    I didn't like the leek soup, but lots of people do
  • Will any body tell me what is the plan and how much we have to pay for this. Also how difficult is the plan to follow.
  • Quote: Will any body tell me what is the plan and how much we have to pay for this. Also how difficult is the plan to follow.
    Differnt clinics charge different start-up fees. My clinic charged a straight $75 fee. Some charge more but you get a "start-up" kit.

My food costs $87/week inc. tax. this seems to be the same for everyone.

Now if you can't afford that, because it is alot, there is an "alternative product forum" under Ideal Protein.

Some of the popular alternative products includes EAS protein shakes that you can find at Sams/WalMart and I think Target. Pure Protein bars can be found at Sams/WalMart and Wegmans and I am sure other stores. Many people order alternatives from NoshuaNutrition.com and Lindora.com. Just be sure your alternatives don't contain aspartam. There is a spreadsheat with nutritional values. Click on Ideal Protein and search for alternative. Good Luck
  • Quote: Will any body tell me what is the plan and how much we have to pay for this. Also how difficult is the plan to follow.
    I'm sure other people will explain better, but essentially it's a 4 phase program intended to rest your pancreas of all the sugar, fat and salt we eat. It's a very low calorie diet (700-900 cals). The first phase is intended to lose 90% of your desired weight loss. Phase 2 is to reach your goal and the others are described as introducing you back to 'regular' foods and maintenance. You basically purchase food from IP. You will have 3 packets a day, and will cook your own dinner. A trip to the grocery store will be needed to get all your allowed vegetables and meat, fish, poultry. My coach said to eat in between meals at least 4 cups of vegetables every day and unlimited lettuce.

Cost of food it around $80 a week. You meet with your coach once a week to monitor progress and write down your weight, inches and talk.

Having looked at other diets, I think IP is very reasonable. You eat a lot of fresh foods and learn of many alternatives you can get (better products for you etc). The first few days are a bit difficult b/c you may get headaches while your body adjusts to the new routine.
  • "My coach said to eat in between meals at least 4 cups of vegetables every day and unlimited lettuce." I'm curious to know what other coaches may have said as to whether you can eat your veggies in between meals or not. My coach said that I CANNOT eat between meals not lettuce or veggies. Thanks!!!
  • eating between meals
    My coach said it is fine to cut up veggies and eat them througout the day. She said this is better than not having veggies and to keep us OP.
  • SVermonter-Do you feel when doing that it has hindered your weight loss!?
    My coach said that (if I understood her correctly) that it throws you out of Ketosis. I'm kind of confused about that.

If you or anybody else could help me with that it would be great!
  • Quote: hello everyone!
    im new to this forum but not new to ideal protein. ive been on it for about 3 months and have lost 33 lbs so far! lately (meaning the past couple of weeks) i'd been having a bit of a hard time not nibbling on things outside of the ip protocol, so one of the girls that goes to my clinic told me about this forum for support and so far it has been very helpful!
    so i was just wondering if anyone on IP has tried the soy patties, leek soup, and cappuccino drink? and what did you guys think of them? and if anyone has any recipes using the IP foods they would like to share that would be awesome!

talk to everyone soon!
    Julia

Welcome to the boards, you will find lots of information here along with very helpful people with different suggestions and ideas. As you can see from the responses you are getting from your introductions, we are a great group of people all striving to accomplish the same goal. Have fun reading and enjoy experimenting with the IP foods.

Quote: My coach said it is fine to cut up veggies and eat them througout the day. She said this is better than not having veggies and to keep us OP.
    It is best to eat your veggies with your IP meal its the combination of the IP food and veggies that you will get the best results. I sometimes treat myself and only eat a cup of veggies for lunch and will cut myself cuke spears for an afternoon treat but most of the time I eat my veggies with my meal or within 15-20 minutes of my IP food. I am sure one of the more expert IP users will give you a better definition of why you are suppose to eat your veggies at your meal.

If you follow the program 100% you will get results. I have been on the program for 13 weeks now and as of today have loss 60lbs. I have not put ONE thing that is not OP in my mouth since April 27th. Its a great program, very easy to follow and the foods are good. Good luck to you!
  • $4 a packet plus vitamins, shaker, and salt. You can just buy packets too. Estimate is $84 a week, probably more if you get extra for variety.
  • wuv2bloved-Yep, I understand. Thanks! You're transformation is awesome!!
  • Quote: wuv2bloved-Yep, I understand. Thanks! You're transformation is awesome!!
    Thank you, I am 16% to my goal so there will be a lot more progress pics as I go along. I just want everyone to see that this program WORKS!
  • Quote: "My coach said to eat in between meals at least 4 cups of vegetables every day and unlimited lettuce." I'm curious to know what other coaches may have said as to whether you can eat your veggies in between meals or not. My coach said that I CANNOT eat between meals not lettuce or veggies. Thanks!!!
    My coaches say it doesn't matter when you eat your veggies as long as your getting 4Cup in a day w/some lettuce too.
    I do eat them when I have my proteins too...unlike others my clinic allows everyone to have 4 packets of IP a day plus our 1 protein of our own.
    8am Ip packet
    11-12 Ip packet
    3pm IP packet
    6pm my own protein
    9pm IP packet

That said somedays I eat 1 cup veggies 4x a day to feel fuller throughout the day. As you can see, I eat 5x a day so there is ample opportunity for me to eat those veggies. Add them to the omelets, soups etc. for a variety.
  • Quote: hello everyone!

talk to everyone soon!
    Julia

I really like the leek soup especially w/a cup of roasted cauliflower or broccoli in it.
    I like the cappuccino drink mixed w/chocolate drink
    1 packet cappuccino drink 10oz. water
    1 packet chocolate drink 10 oz. water
    mix or I blend w/hand held mixer till mixed
    separate into 2 10oz. servings chill and enjoy
  • Quote: My coaches say it doesn't matter when you eat your veggies as long as your getting 4Cup in a day w/some lettuce too.
    I do eat them when I have my proteins too...unlike others my clinic allows everyone to have 4 packets of IP a day plus our 1 protein of our own.
    8am Ip packet
    11-12 Ip packet
    3pm IP packet
    6pm my own protein
    9pm IP packet

That said somedays I eat 1 cup veggies 4x a day to feel fuller throughout the day. As you can see, I eat 5x a day so there is ample opportunity for me to eat those veggies. Add them to the omelets, soups etc. for a variety.
    If I would have followed the plan like you had I wouldn't have been so angry and hungry the first 2 weeks
    Thanks!!!!!