IP Daily Chat - Mon, 8/1

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Well as of this morning I am down 33 pounds in 8 weeks! I couldn't be happier.
    I wasn't really noticing a difference in how I looked, though, so I decided to take some progress pictures... and WOW. I LOVE IP.... It is amazing how much I didn't notice changing, especially when I looked at the comparison.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post3967471

I hope everyone is having a wonderful OP day!!! Sorry I haven't been on the threads much... I will do better this week.
    Princess, you look amazing YOu should be very proud. I have not taken any pictures, don't like looking at myself but you r awesome
  • Praying for sleep tonight......
  • Quote: Praying for sleep tonight......
    Sending sheep your way to count!!
  • Quote: Jazzie and Caden, me too on hoping to step into the 140's this week!!! Let's do it!

Today was my first at-home, WI. I never thought I'd have the type of success that I've seen here on this support board because I'm getting so close to the end of my journey. What a surprise for me that it actually worked for me, even using the alternative products. My first goal is to see anything under 150 on the scale. My top weight was 249.8 so I'm close to my 100 gone. YAY!

WI #1 -4.6 pinch me please because I just don't believe it.

Started last Monday @ 155, this morning 150.4. So close to my first goal.
    That is just great. Let's do it and let me know how it goes with you this week? The support here is great and we don't feel all alone.
  • Quote: Congrats to all!

I am just not losing like others and I have alot to lose. Today I start my second month on IP. I started on July1st and in 31 days only lost 11 lbs and I did not cheat once. Needless to say, I did not make my 15 lbs goal by a long shot. I am hoping August will be better.
    Stick with it. Eating healthy has to pay off for you. Staying away from all of the sugar/flour etc just have to give you results. Are you eating enough??
  • Quote: That is just great. Let's do it and let me know how it goes with you this week? The support here is great and we don't feel all alone.
    This site is what has gotten me through the first couple weeks of the diet. I had an intentional oops and an unintentional oops but so far, I have lost an average of 2.5 pounds per week after the first initial big loss :-) We can do it!!
  • Today is my "Friday" and I'm super excited. There were a couple days at work that were major temptations due to stress, pizza ordering, and a big plate of brownies and cookies being set down right next me to. But I didn't give in to any of it, so I'm pretty proud of myself :-)

Wednesday is my 3rd WI so I'm pretty excited for that, and to buy some new food that I haven't tried yet. Has anyone had the cookies n cream bars? Are they good? I've had the Vanilla Peanut ones and love them but kind of want to see how I like the cookies n cream.

Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend and a sane Monday!
  • Quote: Today is my "Friday" and I'm super excited. There were a couple days at work that were major temptations due to stress, pizza ordering, and a big plate of brownies and cookies being set down right next me to. But I didn't give in to any of it, so I'm pretty proud of myself :-)

Wednesday is my 3rd WI so I'm pretty excited for that, and to buy some new food that I haven't tried yet. Has anyone had the cookies n cream bars? Are they good? I've had the Vanilla Peanut ones and love them but kind of want to see how I like the cookies n cream.

Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend and a sane Monday!
    Cookies and cream are awesome so is the lemon poppy seed. Actually all of the bars are yummy to me, but everyone is different! Congrats on the NSV with the temptations...give yourself a pat on the back for that one!
  • Quote: Praying for sleep tonight......
    I heard a couple of good tips about sleeping (I'm a chronic "squirrel brain" when I get into bed - can't stop thinking)

The first is to turn off anything electronic half an hour before bed. Apparently the t.v., computer. etc. overstimulate part of your brain, making it more difficult to fall asleep. The second is once you're in bed, instead of sheep, starting counting backwards from 1,000 by 3's.
  • Whew~ what a week!

My NSV for the week is that I managed to make it through a week where my kids were home and not one cheat! I did not taste one lick of hamburger cheese dip or chocolate chip cookies and I was very proud of myself. My DH's b-day was also over the weekend and I also managed to dodge my in law's repeated requests of joining them with a small slice of apple pie and ice cream cake. I stuck to my guns and explained what I could have and could not have and why and asked them straight up to support me in my weight loss efforts. By the end of the weekend my mother in law was telling my DH how proud she was of me for sticking to my diet and not giving in to temptation.

Tomorrow is WI # 3 for me and I'm wondering how others have found their WI's to reflect their TOM? I know for myself I usually retain water and my weight is usually up a few pounds during this time so I'm not expecting a major loss for the week but just wondering if others find their loss to be slowed during this time?

Here's to another great week OP and to a group of fabulous people!
  • NSV!!!!! last night I had a big challenge going out to a restaurant. I wrestled alot with what to do and had great support from my friends here in thinking it through. It was still a battle all day, do I have the wine or not? Stay OP or give in for a celebration, use it as an "excuse".
    WELL, I had a wonderful meal completely OP with a little tweaking from the kitchen, and I did NOT drink wine. I found out how great it can feel to be free from the pull of doing what I know is not so good for me. I put love in my body instead of wine.

I know it may seem like a small thing but for me it was huge. I could have done myself in and I chose to stay clean, and so I came home, made a pudding cake, and went to bed.

today I weighed in and was down 1.5 pounds. My losses are coming...not dramatic...but steady.

THANK you!!!
  • Well, I did it. Cleared out my closet and drawers today of anything too big. I ended up with 3 garbage bags stuffed to donate. Had some anxiety - I've lost weight before and it didn't stay off, so I was thinking "crap - what happens if I regain?" I know IP works and I understand the phases and how it gently restarts the insulin in a great way, but I definitely had that anxious feeling. I've been reading the after Phase 1 threads, and just by being sensible and having my tastes changed, I know I can do this for the long haul. This purging was a huge step and I'm glad I did it to make room for the new!
  • Quote: NSV!!!!! WELL, I had a wonderful meal completely OP with a little tweaking from the kitchen, and I did NOT drink wine. I found out how great it can feel to be free from the pull of doing what I know is not so good for me. I put love in my body instead of wine.
    THANK you!!!
    Congrats Purrfect!! This is no small thing - it's a huge life lesson. I found going out for dinner a bit of a challenge in the beginning, but then I realized that I was there for the social aspect, not the food - oh duh me~!!!
  • Quote: I heard a couple of good tips about sleeping (I'm a chronic "squirrel brain" when I get into bed - can't stop thinking)

The first is to turn off anything electronic half an hour before bed. Apparently the t.v., computer. etc. overstimulate part of your brain, making it more difficult to fall asleep. The second is once you're in bed, instead of sheep, starting counting backwards from 1,000 by 3's.
    Good luck with counting backwards by 3 I have trouble counting forward by 3....lol

Quote: Whew~ what a week!

My NSV for the week is that I managed to make it through a week where my kids were home and not one cheat! I did not taste one lick of hamburger cheese dip or chocolate chip cookies and I was very proud of myself. My DH's b-day was also over the weekend and I also managed to dodge my in law's repeated requests of joining them with a small slice of apple pie and ice cream cake. I stuck to my guns and explained what I could have and could not have and why and asked them straight up to support me in my weight loss efforts. By the end of the weekend my mother in law was telling my DH how proud she was of me for sticking to my diet and not giving in to temptation.

Tomorrow is WI # 3 for me and I'm wondering how others have found their WI's to reflect their TOM? I know for myself I usually retain water and my weight is usually up a few pounds during this time so I'm not expecting a major loss for the week but just wondering if others find their loss to be slowed during this time?

Here's to another great week OP and to a group of fabulous people!
    Way to go!! Isn't it nice when you tell someone what you are doing and they support you like your mother in law did. That's awesome, Keep up the great job!

Quote: NSV!!!!! last night I had a big challenge going out to a restaurant. I wrestled alot with what to do and had great support from my friends here in thinking it through. It was still a battle all day, do I have the wine or not? Stay OP or give in for a celebration, use it as an "excuse".
    WELL, I had a wonderful meal completely OP with a little tweaking from the kitchen, and I did NOT drink wine. I found out how great it can feel to be free from the pull of doing what I know is not so good for me. I put love in my body instead of wine.

I know it may seem like a small thing but for me it was huge. I could have done myself in and I chose to stay clean, and so I came home, made a pudding cake, and went to bed.

today I weighed in and was down 1.5 pounds. My losses are coming...not dramatic...but steady.

THANK you!!!
    VERY proud of you for NOT drinking that wine and putting love into your body. That is the way to think!!... GO YOU!...Congrats!
  • Yes...isn't it so funny that the truth is we are there for the social aspect, the food is nice but isn't supposed to be the main focus. THANK you!