Do you mind an aspartame poll

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: Aspartame...is absolutely poison to your body. Do the research yourself, and you will find out how harmful it is.

I use xylitol. It is allowed OP and is the closest taste to sugar with HEALTH BENEFITS.
    It does not seem to get the credit here and use that it should. It is a fantastic product and a lifesaver on the program.
    Now if we could just somehow tell this to the BILLIONS of people who drink diet soda.....
    Speaking of which, what is everyones opinion on Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda? is it hard to find? I haven't even been down the soda aisle for as long as I can remember and is it something we could have on IP then? It lists a sweetener Ace-K anybody know anything about that
  • My coach said absolutly no aspartame or carbonated anything. Especially no crystal light. Only splenda, truvia, stevia, etc. I only use splenda and Mio water flavoring. I've lost 17 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. Hope that helps.
  • Quote: My coach said absolutly no aspartame or carbonated anything. Especially no crystal light. Only splenda, truvia, stevia, etc. I only use splenda and Mio water flavoring. I've lost 17 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. Hope that helps.
    Do you know what the issue with carbonation is? Assuming I do find diet coke with splenda.
  • To: wildflower613 (sorry, I'm not to good at this blog thing)

Anyways, alot of beverages contain high amounts of phosphoric acid. It can affect the bodys bicarbonate buffering system which in turn affects ketosis is what I have been told by the IP rep. It is especially high in "brown sodas". Coke, pepsi, dr. pepper, etc.
  • No. . .no way. . .no how. Aspartame is really not good for you, and I try to never consume it. I never purchase any product containing aspartame.
  • I don't use aspartame...heard it's not allowed and don't particularly like the taste either...plus the poison issue. I have started using splenda when I need a sweet fix. I've also found that some of the newer crystal light flavours are sweetened with splenda. However, they list other odd ingredients so I'm not yet sure how I feel about them. If I really need a sweet flavour I'm more likely to opt for Stevia.