20 pounds (or less) to lose??

You're on Page 4 of 26
Go to
  • Celticgirl, are you drinking a ton of fluids? I started drinking a lot more this week than I have in the past. I think it really helped me.

Hang in there!
  • Celtic- are you doing a no restricted first week with only 3 packets? Lots of water, making sure you get your supplements, salt, oil, non-restricted veggies? I think your progress is great, but just wanted to make sure you weren't missing one of the key ingredients and perhaps it could have slowed you more than you like?
  • Thanks ladies for the advice. Funny, every time I read over my IP papers I discover something new. I had been eating red/orange peppers every day, then I discovered you could only have those 2x a week. Wow! So out with the red/orange, in with the green peppers.

I've seen mixed reviews on eating broccoli and cauliflower more than 2x/week. I eat that just about every day too. Any thoughts?

That could definitely be slowing my losses!

I want to at least put up my 5 pounds lost ticker!
  • I don't show that limitation on the peppers - bell peppers in general is on my regular list. No peppers of any kind on the limited veggie list.

I eat broccoli a lot. I have read there are people who sit around trying to eat the lowest carb veggies (cucumbers and celery I want to say). I don;t. I eat the veggies I like - a lot of broccoli and asparagus. I don't limit them but that doesn't mean I am right, either!
  • Quote: I don't show that limitation on the peppers - bell peppers in general is on my regular list. No peppers of any kind on the limited veggie list.

I eat broccoli a lot. I have read there are people who sit around trying to eat the lowest carb veggies (cucumbers and celery I want to say). I don;t. I eat the veggies I like - a lot of broccoli and asparagus. I don't limit them but that doesn't mean I am right, either!

Thanks. Seems to be working out okay for you, so I'll stick with my broccoli and cauliflower.
  • Quote: Thanks ladies for the advice. Funny, every time I read over my IP papers I discover something new. I had been eating red/orange peppers every day, then I discovered you could only have those 2x a week. Wow! So out with the red/orange, in with the green peppers.

I've seen mixed reviews on eating broccoli and cauliflower more than 2x/week. I eat that just about every day too. Any thoughts?

That could definitely be slowing my losses!

I want to at least put up my 5 pounds lost ticker!
    Collie, you may have an old phase one sheet. The new one says to follow phase 1 until you have reached 90% of your weight loss goal (the old one says 80%) I found a new one here on this site in the stickies above all our threads.
  • Sandyh - I'm a little confused by your post...did I miss somebody talking about 90% vs. 80%? I read it and just not too sure what it was addressing...
  • Ok. Doing well today - Choc shake for breakfast, Omelet and Romaine Stir fry for lunch with some veggies, Van shake with coffee for snack, buffalo chicken breast with broccoli and romaine. I think I have had over 4 liters of water. I will probably drink a lot more since I am a bit hungry and have some cravings. Might have to head to sleep early, too . . .

My workout today was very draining. I thought after my slip up yesterday that the carbs would fuel my workout but apparently 1 day of carbs doesn't quite cut it. My muscles ached throughout but I finished it. Phew. =)

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • Quote: Sandyh - I'm a little confused by your post...did I miss somebody talking about 90% vs. 80%? I read it and just not too sure what it was addressing...
    My first phase one sheet at the top said "continue phase 1 until you reach 80% of your goal"

The updated phase one sheet says "continue phase 2 until you reach 90% of your goal"

That is how I tell whether I am looking at the new phase one sheet or the old! Sorry for the confusion.
  • Quote: My first phase one sheet at the top said "continue phase 1 until you reach 80% of your goal"

The updated phase one sheet says "continue phase 2 until you reach 90% of your goal"

That is how I tell whether I am looking at the new phase one sheet or the old! Sorry for the confusion.
    I found the pdf.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-phases-5.html

It's post #73 (look in upper right hand corner for numbers, they are kind of hard to see)
  • I'm happy to be part of this group now too - a little less than 20 to go after two weeks on IP.

Celticgirl - my weight loss was really slow for about 5 days - and I realized I was over using tamari even though it was allowed. Is there any seasoning or condiment that you use frequently that might be causing slower weight loss?

On Friday I leave for vacation and will be totally without any IP products for 10 days. I plan to bring protein powder (whey protein isolate) and stick to lower carb during the day, but my evenings will definitely have some carbs (just hopefully small portions). I'll also be drinking. (Boyfriend's sister's wedding - and I'm also in the wedding). Anyone have any tips for trying to keep any weight gain down??
  • Cherbee - I am thinking that between my use of tamari and frank's hot sauce that I may be slowed a bit. Just not sure I can give it up =)

I haven't been doing this long enough to know tips, have you checked out the travel thread? I think that straight brown alcohol is your best bet. Otherwise good vodka. Mix with soda (soda water - no cals) and a squeeze of lemon or lime. Or one of the lo carb beers if you are going to have something. Since you know you will drink, I would just eat my protein and veggies, skip all other carbs. Maybe get a walk in the following morning to use some up. Drink lots of water. Those are my best guesses . . . good luck!
  • Thanks Coliep - hoping it doesn't set me back too much - I am just hitting the sweet zone I think ... sigh..... but it's just not worth it to me to be on total diet - I guess I'd rather add another week or two.

And I snuck some tamari in tonight. I can't give it up all the time.
  • Reading through this thread and I am right in the mix with less than 20 lbs to go. I am going on vacation for two weeks in two days, so when I bought my IP packages last week, I purchased two weeks worth. Planning to stay OP while I am gone. I have come too far to stop. But I did review with my coach what to do when I get to goal.
    She indicated Phase 1 is until you reach 90% of your weight loss, then switch to Phase 2. I am fairly close to Phase 2, which is why we discussed it. That being said, I have noticed this week, my weight loss has changed from lbs to oz. every day and yes I am an every day weigher, it keeps me accountable.

Also, I have been eating red, yellow, orange and green peppers since day 1 without restrictions. I was told it used to be that colored peppers were restricted but this was changed some time ago. My Phase 1 sheet does not show them as restricted.

Good Luck to any newbies.... this is the best diet ever! I am so thankful I found this plan and wish I had known about it a long time ago!
  • Calee, how awesome! So happy for you