20 pounds (or less) to lose??

You're on Page 10 of 26
Go to
  • Great job!! I wish I could be 100% OP and see some loss. I was 11.25 lbs in 5 weeks, stopped losing for the most part :/
  • Hm. Make that now gaining. Reallly !?!?!
  • Okay, I don't get it. I have been OP for 5 weeks. I have lost 5 pounds. I should be at least double that. I don't get what I could be doing wrong or is my body just that resistant? Should I be happy with one pound a week? I'm getting REALLY frustrated, especially when I see ya'lls numbers...I'm glad for ya'll.....but why can't it be me too?
  • Quote: Okay, I don't get it. I have been OP for 5 weeks. I have lost 5 pounds. I should be at least double that. I don't get what I could be doing wrong or is my body just that resistant? Should I be happy with one pound a week? I'm getting REALLY frustrated, especially when I see ya'lls numbers...I'm glad for ya'll.....but why can't it be me too?
    You don't have very much to lose so be happy with the 1lb a week!!! its a LOSS not a GAIN!
  • Celtic - I wish I could offer some words, but I don't know. What does your coach think? Have you lost inches? that is more telling than pounds!

Just going over the basics, are you:
    - getting your oil?
    - using your salt?
    - Eating at least 1 salad (in addition to your veggies)?
    - Only having 1 restricted max but a total of 3 IP products?
    - taking all your supplements?
    - increasing your water?
    - limiting walden farms, splenda, drink flavorings etc?

Anything non IP you might be forgetting about?

are you exercising - this can impact things
    have you tried increasing your protein a few ounces?
    have you tried an additional packet, perhaps you need a bit more?
    have you had your thyroid checked?

I have not been totally IP, but did well until I started to phase off. I am up 3 pounds and totally discouraged - it actually made me say the heck with it last night and I had my first sort of non-IP major cheat (dark chocolate, pita chips, alcohol) -- not advisable but I felt very discouraged that I hadn't seen any change in a couple of weeks - not inches, not pounds. Anyway, not sure if it was the carbs, PMS or the new hormones they have me on, etc. No matter what, my calories cannot account for an actual gain so I am stumped myself . . .
  • Good Morning,

I've been derailed. That said, I think I did it consciously. I generally shed weight, then regain and I wanted to see if I could continue to maintain and not gain. I'm at my lowest since 1975. This morning I'm back up 1 pound so tomorrow morning I'm back on IP. My goal is to take off 5 pounds and be a normal BMI. Then I'd like to continue. I just plain got lazy with too many business luncheons etc. I'm also exercising 4-5x a week and started weight lifting yesterday in addition to walking 3.5 miles several times a week and pilates. I'll see what happens but at this point I really need to tone. I'm not eating many carbs, but enough that I'll have to get back into ketosis. Wish me luck please!
  • Back from vacation, did well the entire time but came home to a house that had been ransacked/ robbed. It was my daughters birthday, and our house which was clean when we left was completely turned inside out. No electronics left to speak of. After a meeting with the police, our insurance agent and a mini pick up of our place it was 8:00 & the stress was higher than ever. My daughter was crying off & on, which added to my stress. What should have been a great return home from a great vacation, sucked! Five hours later, I am trying to make my daughter feel better, ran out and got Grilled KFC and a DQ cake and by 9 pm we sat down to eat and try to celebrate her birthday. So 3 pieces of chicken ( 2 breast & a wing) a small portion of Cole slaw and a vodka/ diet tonic later, my kids were tucked into bed and I awoke to feeling disgusting.... For someone who has been an every day weighed, I do not want to see or step on the scale for several days. I stayed OP for 8 days in Disney and after 6 weeks blow it with extreme stress.... Back OP today, feeling defeated, tired from stress sleeping and returning to work tonight... Sorry just had to vent my feelings..x
  • Wow, very interesting to see how we are all similarly struggling. Back on the wagon together. You know, life happens. We are not perfect. none of us are out eating twinkies and fried chicken buckets. We cannot gain a ton from our actions but we should respect our continuied commitment to ourselves and this process. I ate a hanfdul of whole grain goldfish while waiting for xrays of my hand, with 3 screaming kids. I am not going to beat myself up about it. I did my best. forgive the typing -) We can do this!

Sorry to hear about the burglarly, I had that happen once and it included a 10k uninsured diamond engagement ring :/ definitely feels like you have been violated.
  • Sunshine, I'm so terribly sorry to read about the burglary. Having been a victim several times I really get how violating it feels. I hated when they took the pillowcase off my pillow and stuffed it with things like my mothers engagement ring etc.

I hope that you and your family recover quickly from this emotional trauma. You said you're back on plan today. Bravo for you for not letting this get the best of the hard work you've put into your eating plan!
  • Coliep, what's wrong with your hand????
  • I went for a bike ride, kids in trailer, and took a spill =( Beyond the sheer humiliation of it, I hurt my left shoulder and lower abdominal muscle, right neck muscle and right hand. Fortunately, the only serious injury was to my finger (sprain) and everything else is more like whiplash . . . just sore/achy. I feel incredibly fortunate that the kids weren't hurt, the bike wasn't really damaged and I spun out on the grass (rather than the pavement I started on).

My tummy is hurting tonight. Not sure if it is due to last night's carb fest or the new estrogen pills or something else. I wasn't 100% OP yet today, since I got hungry at the doctor and had some crackers and had an extra muscle milk lite when I shouldn't have. net result was around 100 carbs total for the day. I figure I will keep reducing and improving to get back into ketosis. Hopefully can make it to the gym tomorrow too . . .
  • Reporting back in. So after a great deal of encouraging from my husband to weigh myself rather than continue to beat myself up, I did it. Much to my surprise my weight was exactly the same as my last WI. No gain or loss and guess what? I am totally okay with that. I expected to see a 5 lb weight gain. Realizing that tomorrow will be another thing, tonight I am okay with it all. My kids are at their grandmas, my husband and I finished the insurance inventory list and he emailed it to them. Absolutely no idea how much stuff we had and lost $ wise. As my mom said to me when she picked up my girls, you will get passed this too.
    Anyhow, thanks for letting me vent and the support. Onward to my goal, still hoping to be there by Labor Day.
  • Sunshine, Sorry to hear about your breakin. I will never understand how people can be so cruel as to invade someone's property and steal from them!!?? You will get through this

Ouch Coliep! You just reminded me why my bike is still sitting in the shed unused for .... um I don't even remember the last time I sat on it!!

I'm down 4lbs this week not the full 5lbs that I put on from vacation but it's something. I'm hoping for another big loss this week... DH and I are going away for our anniversary the end of Aug and I would LOVE to be in the 130s!

Here is to an OP week!
  • Man, my scale is up! I just don't get it. I am up 3.5lbs from my low and up 1.5lb from my high. This is really not what I was going for :/
  • Emmy I read your mom story and had to chuckle because I'm struggling with my mother as well... and I see her EVERYDAY!
    She'll do things like offer me food but take it back, almost tauntingly - and she drives me up the wall with her competitiveness.
    She's trying to lose weight for the wedding too but she feels that she's not 'overweight' enough to have to succumb to a diet like mine...so she's just cutting out high carbs - and everday I see her she says something along the lines of "oh hey look at me, I lost more weight than you without having to do what you do" but she doesn't realize she's just starving her body so the minute she cracks, she's going to regret it. Moms will be moms....
    Just had to share, I think that my mom's horns are fully grown - >;{