Those who use Sugar Free Flavored Syrups

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • Has anyone tried the tea concentrate, the Sugar Free Chai Tea Concentrate to be specific. That, I think, would be really good
  • Quote: the caramel also has one gram of carb . . . I was disappointed because I didn't even check before I bought it. =(
    Bad me uses it anyway, but ONLY on days when I haven't eaten a restricted item. The 1g carb is for 2T, and I only use about 2tsp. I've rationalized in my brain that it evens things out.
  • Quote: Bad me uses it anyway, but ONLY on days when I haven't eaten a restricted item. The 1g carb is for 2T, and I only use about 2tsp. I've rationalized in my brain that it evens things out.
    Also should note that the Torani syrups at Wal-Mart where I live are just $4 for a pretty sizable bottle. Gonna pick up the french vanilla, too which has 0 carbs.
  • For Saskatchewan IPers, I picked up Torani sugar free 375ml bottles at the Bay in Saskatoon earlier this spring when I wasn't on IP yet. I think they mostly get it in at Christmas time, so you may have to check there later in the fall, but I sure like the smaller bottles. I can't remember what the cost of the bottle was. I also had bought the caramel and now see it has the 1gm carb, but will have to use it sparingly.
  • I'm glad I found this post. How much Torani are you allowed to put in your morning coffee? I really don't want to throw off my weight loss! Do you have to order it online or can you buy in stores? I'm in Canada, I know that makes a difference sometimes.
  • Quote: I'm glad I found this post. How much Torani are you allowed to put in your morning coffee? I really don't want to throw off my weight loss! Do you have to order it online or can you buy in stores? I'm in Canada, I know that makes a difference sometimes.
    I bought the Kahlua flavored DaVinci at Sam's Club - 25.4 oz bottle. Not to expensive either. I use it in Club soda. It gives me change from the same old thing- WATER! 2 Tbsp, 0 cals,fat, carbs,sugar,protien. 10 mg Sodium.
  • Where in Wal-mart are you finding the syrups?
  • Quote: Where in Wal-mart are you finding the syrups?
    In the coffee section, at my walmart its by the creamers
  • Quote: I bought the Kahlua flavored DaVinci at Sam's Club - 25.4 oz bottle. Not to expensive either. I use it in Club soda. It gives me change from the same old thing- WATER! 2 Tbsp, 0 cals,fat, carbs,sugar,protien. 10 mg Sodium.
    OMG OMG OMG!!! I just got my sryups like, just opened them! I bought them from the low carb grocery store (I'm in Cdn) and I am going to use them for my coffee. I just saw this idea, this is fantastic...it's a 'treat'. YUM!

I haven't had 'pop' since I started IP thanks for the little tip! I actually said outloud (I'm alone) 'wow, I just found my new pop!'. It won't be an every day thing but it will be a treat. I've already decided I won't be going back to sugar so anything to make my coffee more interesting and saving the sugar is awesome in my books.

soverrahappy!
  • These syrups are like a dessert for me. I can't have the Diet Coke and these are a great substitute for my sweet tooth.
  • I ordered a bunch of these from Netrition and picked them up just across the border (I'm in Canada). I can't tell you how much I love them.

We have one of those "Margaritaville" ice shaver/blenders from Costco and I made a snow cone last night (raspberry/cherry). I added strawberry to my vanilla shake, took my Premier Protein chocolate drink and threw 2 handfuls of spinach in with one squirt of chocolate and one squirt of mint and lots of shaved ice (amazing). So many things to try!
  • Yvetteski:
    There is a "sugar free" store in Calgary. Maybe you can pick it up in person on your next business trip? Or you could order it in. I want the Egg and the Pumpkin. I may have to make a trip to Sweet Tweet on Saturday 2Ride, maybe I'll run in to you there someday LOL.
  • Oh, and I just started phase 3 so put the blueberry in my greek yogurt with fresh blueberries to sweeten it.
  • Here's my review:
    Torani:
    Caramel: yummy in coffee, protein drinks
    Hazelnut: not bad in coffee for a change
    Vanilla very good in just about anything!
    Davinci:
    Coconut: OMG! in vanilla protein drinks...you can't go wrong (but then I love coconut drinks
    Cherry: very good in carbonated water
    Rootbeer: I bought this to have sugar free rootbeer. I wasn't all that crazy about in carbonated water. It may be that I added too much? I need to experiment with this one more
    Pineapple: my daughter loves it in carbonated water. I'd like to try it in a vanilla pudding or vanilla shake
  • Oh and yes, they are all sugar free.