so discouraged

• Uggh so I was at my lowest weight since the week after giving birth (187) on last Tuesday. My grandma and my great aunt come into town and I am thinking I will lose at least 2 since they can babysit and I can workout even harder without my son in tow. Uggh so depressed I have gained 6 lbs since they got here and it hasn't even been a week. Yes we ate out a bit more than I usually do but I was very good the rest of the meals and doubled my workouts. It is my TOM (sorry if TMI) but come on. I really feel like giving up. I won't because I am getting married in almost a year exactly and have 60 lbs still to go which means I need to be on track every week or my punishment is paying 2000 for pictures I hate. Any meal ideas for dinner that don't require cooking and aren't smartones would help get my motivation back. OR any accountability partners would be great.
  • Hi Cierranevada! I don't have a whole lot of tips since I love to cook so I tend to do it for most of my meals, but I noticed you are new so I wanted to say "hi" from a fellow Portlander! I also think you should really consider TOM affecting you, I allllway experienced a gain during that time and what made it even worse was my mood was affected doubly, because not only was I upset at the bigger number, but I was usually all moody anyways so the slight gain seemed like a world-crushing event.

I hope you can get some good food suggestions since that is a major part of being healthy. Have you googled anything like "summer recipes" or "no cooking necessary"?
  • hmm... well, if you don't have to make dinner for your entire family and stuff, you could always try a protein shake or something for dinner?

if not, i guess a huge salad or a vegetable stir fry is the easiest thing for me to "cook"....
  • I bet most of that 6 lbs is water, both with TOM and the extra sodium from eating more meals out. Just keep doing what's worked for you so far.
  • *waves* hi fellow portlanders! Cierra if I don't feel like cooking I will grab some hummus and veggies or crackers. LOVE IT! or a salad, I love lots and lots of salads. Sometimes for lunch I will have cottage cheese and fruit. Or a good lunch (for me anyway) is crackers with a lunchmeat/leftover chicken or turkey and some cheese. Sometimes for dinner if I am super lazy I will have a quesadilla jut cheese melted onto a tortilla and some carrots. These work for me, maybe will for you too? Sandwiches on the sandwich thins and bagel thins are go to's for me too. OOOH tuna and crackers that's a god one too!
  • I love finding portlanders on this board, makes me feel a little less alone, even though I don't know anyone it always has me thinking when I'm standing in the grocery store aisle comparing nutritional information of food, or working my chubby booty off at the gym surrounded by in-shape people, that there is someone else trying (and hopefully succeeding!) in their weightloss journey since I see them on the boards.