Veggies for dessert..your recipes that work?

• Im looking at tryting to tie in dessert and veggies together..you know one can do carrot cake? its got carrot and its cake right? well...im looking for ip friendly recipes that include veggies and still taste good..

I was thinking something to do with chocolate and zucchini...but i would like to try and incorporate stuff like cucumbers
  • I like rhubarb as a "dessert".
    cut into small bite size pieces. cover and microwave 1-2 minutes-soft but not mushy. Mix up a vanilla pudding with some cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over the rhubarb. APPLE PIE

I know the recipe thread has something with zucchini and cinnamon and the oatmeal packet which sounded good. another apple pie thing

y'know zucchini is so bland, I bet you could mix it with chocolate...maybe the chocolate pancake/muffin recipe and add shredded zuchinni?
  • Check the sticky and search the recipe threads. It's what I do.
  • You need to go through the recipe sticky notes and try try try as many things as you can. If you haven't had it before try it.... Make yourself try a veggie prepared three different ways before you say NO i don't like that.
    Throw out the notion that you don't like something... give it a chance again.

What some people like, others do not.
    You need to figure out what your taste buds like.

If veggies tasted like chocolate... we wouldn't all be here in the first place!

You need to have a love affair with veggies, as to be successful on this plan you need to incorporate them FOR LIFE!!!!

Your daughter is also at a phase of her life, where the introduction of all of these veggies is important for her life long health and positive eating habits.

I have a seven year old, who loves almost every vegetable under the sun. Who asks for cauliflower rice and beets on a regular basis!!!!! He loves to explore with me at the farmers market to find new veggies and fruit he hasn't had before.

The longer you are on the plan, the easier it will be to get your veggies in.
    You need to change what you eat plain and simple... and getting veggies in is important....

I make homemade veggie soup.... blend cooked veggies into soup... roast veggies in the oven and on the bbq.... I make interesting marainted veggie salads... I make stir frys.... veggie lettuce wraps.... I constantly search the recipe thread.....allrecipes and atkins forums for recipes that I can incorporate or change to suit IP protocol.

Bottom line veggies are veggies and you need to search the recipe thread and begin a quest for what you like and change the switch in your brain that eating four cups of veggies and salads are going to be part of your life FOREVER in order to maintain your weight lost and healthly eating habits