IP Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/22 - Sun, 7/24

You're on Page 6 of 19
Go to
  • Quote: that is better than having to have 2 people push you together to zip you up so you will fit LOL
    LOL...or having to do squats after you put your jeans on so that you have room to breathe in them...or having to stretch out a shirt in order to make it look decent because the dryer must have shrunk it! lol
  • Quote: LOL...or having to do squats after you put your jeans on so that you have room to breathe in them...or having to stretch out a shirt in order to make it look decent because the dryer must have shrunk it! lol
    ROTFL.....omg...I so totally STILL do this......too funny.....nice to warm up your day with 100 squats to loosen jeans enough to wear while trying NOT to pop a button, or like you said, pulling at the arms of a tshirt and through the chest to have something to wear....SEE, that is what we need to think of when we want to cheat!!! Thanks for the laugh...
  • I used to be addicted to Iced Latte's and now I can't live w/out WF's thick n spicey BBQ sauce and grilled zucchini!!
  • Warning – Blue Post (not really all that positive) and I’m looking for either comfort or a kick in the buttocks! (I’m not sure which one I need really.)

I’ve been feeling a little ‘off’ in an emotional way. I hit the 55lb loss mark on Wednesday and I was “meh” about it. I was quite surprised at my reaction as there was no real excitement (I was doing the happy dance at -40 lbs). Within 60 minutes I emailed my bf and asked him if he would still love me if I lost my butt and my boobs went flat (it’s very obvious from his relationship history that he loves BBW’s). Of course he said “yes”…he’s my VIP.

DRUM ROLL: I think I’m actually a little scared of loosing my weight…I had that epiphany and decided to mull over it for a few days. I wasn’t ready to post this yesterday because everyone was so awesomely POSITIVE . All the positivity really did help to read, so thanks. I just didn’t want to be a downer.

I’m shocked, positively shocked…that I’m scared that I’m going to loose all my weight (although at least I’ve identified it). I am scared to give away all my big clothes…I keep thinking “ok Missy, just pack them up in the car and drop them off”…but the pile just gets bigger and bigger and really it doesn’t seem that simple because of my fear. Odd that I needed reassurance from my bf that he’d still love me when I was smaller. These are all emotions that I NEVER EVER thought I’d have to deal with.

I realize this is probably one of those emotional lows that comes with loosing all the excess weight and the estrogen releasing into my body. But to be quite honest I’m flabbergasted with myself!

I’m sorry if I have rained on anyone’s positivity today, but I am utilizing this board to help me through this process and you’re all so great. So I want to be truthful with my successes and my challenges. I hope I’m not coming across as whining (cause really, -55lbs is awesome I know that in my heart, apparently my head hasn’t caught up), I just wanted to share.

Carla
  • Quote: I used to be addicted to Iced Latte's and now I can't live w/out WF's thick n spicey BBQ sauce and grilled zucchini!!
    Let me start off with I don't like coffee unless there is so much cream and sugar you can't taste the coffee... I love the smell of it. Well lately I have been craving ICED coffee with a shot of Davinci syrup... so now I make my coffee (rasp chocolate, or cinnamon hazelnut) and put it in the fridge to chill then when I get home from work have it with ice and the syrup... that is my little treat to myself. I like the bbq sauce too went to the store and they had so many new things I forgot to buy the bbq sauce... sigh.
  • Quote: ....I opened the Pickle Zippers that I had been hoarding............OMG the are WONDERFUL, I feel like I just had a canister of Pringles Dill Pickle flavor.....I got nervous when 2 people the other day posted they hated them and threw them out (something would have to be bad to throw out IP food at what they cost). My clinic is 20 miles away, and I am thinking of driving back over to get a box.....
    LOL!!! That was me!! Isn't it funny how we all have different tastes? I am glad you love them! We all have various IP foods we like and don't like. That's why it's always a good idea to try them for yourself, even tho others don't like something... you may LOVE it!!
    Quote: I love my IP packets and saw someone say the New Lifestyle packets are exactly the same. I went to the site and they have an introductory special for 19.99 for a sampler of packets. I'm not giving up IP and my coach but would like to have a little cushion of extra packets around. Has anyone done this New Lifestyle special at all?
    I am familiar with that website... I order the RTD choc drinks, but haven't ordered anything else yet. I will have to check out that deal....I would like to find some "less expensive" snacks! Thx!!
  • Quote: Warning – Blue Post (not really all that positive) and I’m looking for either comfort or a kick in the buttocks! (I’m not sure which one I need really.)

I’ve been feeling a little ‘off’ in an emotional way. I hit the 55lb loss mark on Wednesday and I was “meh” about it. I was quite surprised at my reaction as there was no real excitement (I was doing the happy dance at -40 lbs). Within 60 minutes I emailed my bf and asked him if he would still love me if I lost my butt and my boobs went flat (it’s very obvious from his relationship history that he loves BBW’s). Of course he said “yes”…he’s my VIP.

DRUM ROLL: I think I’m actually a little scared of loosing my weight…I had that epiphany and decided to mull over it for a few days. I wasn’t ready to post this yesterday because everyone was so awesomely POSITIVE . All the positivity really did help to read, so thanks. I just didn’t want to be a downer.

I’m shocked, positively shocked…that I’m scared that I’m going to loose all my weight (although at least I’ve identified it). I am scared to give away all my big clothes…I keep thinking “ok Missy, just pack them up in the car and drop them off”…but the pile just gets bigger and bigger and really it doesn’t seem that simple because of my fear. Odd that I needed reassurance from my bf that he’d still love me when I was smaller. These are all emotions that I NEVER EVER thought I’d have to deal with.

I realize this is probably one of those emotional lows that comes with loosing all the excess weight and the estrogen releasing into my body. But to be quite honest I’m flabbergasted with myself!

I’m sorry if I have rained on anyone’s positivity today, but I am utilizing this board to help me through this process and you’re all so great. So I want to be truthful with my successes and my challenges. I hope I’m not coming across as whining (cause really, -55lbs is awesome I know that in my heart, apparently my head hasn’t caught up), I just wanted to share.

Carla
    I think I understand. I am not as excited as I was in the beginning, I think the newness kinda of wears off.

I also understand being scared. I think I am scared of being done. I don't like change and going to to maintenance scares me.

I'm scared I am going to gain the weight back, and I had thoughts about 20 lbs ago, that I should just stop there, because it would be easier for me to maintain. My husband told me not to sell myself short. It was like I was planning on failing, so I might as well stop there. I am glad I didn't.

I still have days where I kinda freak out about it, but they are fewer and farther between. Just keep at it, and see how you feel next week.

And get rid of those clothes. At least put them where you won't see them.
  • Quote: Let me start off with I don't like coffee unless there is so much cream and sugar you can't taste the coffee... I love the smell of it. Well lately I have been craving ICED coffee with a shot of Davinci syrup... so now I make my coffee (rasp chocolate, or cinnamon hazelnut) and put it in the fridge to chill then when I get home from work have it with ice and the syrup... that is my little treat to myself. I like the bbq sauce too went to the store and they had so many new things I forgot to buy the bbq sauce... sigh.
    Ditto about the coffee!! LOL!! LOVE that smell...the taste...not so much!!! I think I'm gonna try your idea tho...sounds like a yummy treat for sure!! Are those Keurig coffee flavors that you purchase? And what flavor syrup do you use? Thx!!
  • Quote: Warning – Blue Post (not really all that positive) and I’m looking for either comfort or a kick in the buttocks! (I’m not sure which one I need really.)

Carla
    I don't think this was a blue post at all, you seem to have identified the issue and are being honest with yourself about it...that is great. I think to that maybe you identify that pile of clothes as a piece of you. You are going to be able to do so many new things, you will have to get know your new body, and you will LOVE it, change of any kind freaks a lot of people out, so I would say , you are pretty normal, I see someone else already posted saying she felt the same..kinda.
    Anywho.....I can't relate to the not wanting to get rid of the the big clothes and get smaller ones, I am estactic when I am the smaller size, I more relate to the other post that I am petrified to go to Phase 2 to maintainance for fear of failure and not making the life change, I don't want to gain it all back.
  • Quote: I think I understand. I am not as excited as I was in the beginning, I think the newness kinda of wears off.

I also understand being scared. I think I am scared of being done. I don't like change and going to to maintenance scares me.

I'm scared I am going to gain the weight back, and I had thoughts about 20 lbs ago, that I should just stop there, because it would be easier for me to maintain. My husband told me not to sell myself short. It was like I was planning on failing, so I might as well stop there. I am glad I didn't.

I still have days where I kinda freak out about it, but they are fewer and farther between. Just keep at it, and see how you feel next week.

And get rid of those clothes. At least put them where you won't see them.
    You put it right - I am scared of change and scared of being done (I'm quite happy knowing exactly what I have to do everyday) - I'm scared of being on maintenance and I'm scared of failing. Guaranteed there are people at work that are expecting me to fail. I have been reading and reading all the phases and telling myself "lifestyle change Carla, lifestyle change". Being "freaked out" is a perfect statement and being ''scared to fail" is another one.

Thank you so much for the reassurances brandam6....I don't plan on giving up but I'm definately freaked out this week.
  • Quote: Hello all of the Great People on this site, Hope everyone is staying OP and has had an awesome week! Today is my BIG day....Graduating from College!!...its been a LONG 2 years but well worth it. I haven't seen my class mates in over 2 months because I finished before everyone else. I am super excited to see everyone and to see if they notice a difference in me. I had my caramel bar for breakfast this morning so I am ready for my day! My family is coming into town should be here in a few hours. Everyone have a GREAT day!!!!
    Congrats to you! What an amazing accomplishment.

Carla
    Hi Ishbel, I went through some emotional turmoil a few weeks ago. It lasted about 2 days and I was crying at the drop of a hat! I really think you nailed it on the head with the estrogen release from the fat breaking down, I also believe (some may disagree) that our bodies hold memories of emotions that we may have had a long time ago that resurface when we start to lose our bellies (where most of us hold our stress anyway).

Here's what Lisag373 advised when I posted about how I was feeling...it made complete sense to me:
    Originally Posted by Lisaf373
    I know how you feel, on both counts. Maybe the right thing to do is just to tell you that you look fantastic and you progress is amazing, which is all true, but, I can really identify with what you're saying here. I might be projecting here but...

It's like, when you're severely overweight, something in your head just shuts off, and says, 'I don't want to look at that', and you block it out and put your fingers in your ears and say, 'lalala'. You disconnect your mental picture of yourself from what you actually see in the mirror.

Once you start to get to a point where it's bearable again, you allow yourself to really LOOK at yourself again. You reconnect your mental image with the physical reality, and while you know it's better, it's not what you're hoping for. You lose that mental armor you built up for yourself, which is nothing but good, but it hurts a little.

But soon, you'll look in the mirror and think, 'damn, really? I look like that?' and you'll have flashes of insane joy at what you're seeing. :-)

Hope this helps
  • Grocery List
    Ok...so I got a little reprimanded on the "veggie struggle" forum last night when I asked about the occasional V8 for veggie nutrients. I haven't done it yet...I was just looking for opinions. I am 100% committed to IP and staying OP but I'm really struggling with the veggies each day. I guess I find it tricky because I miss creamy, savoury foods and I can't tolerate many of the IP packets on their own. I also don't really care for sweets and find the more tolerable packages (drinks and puddings) a little too sweet. I'm not a person that can eat the same thing for the next few months...let alone the next few days.

I'm looking for advice on what my shopping list should consist of. I've seen a lot of good recipes on here to make the packets and the veggies more interesting. I'm wondering if anyone has a shopping list that they are willing to share...ideally, the staples I should have in my fridge to make it a little easier to stay OP. I find myself having to run out after getting home from work to grab a few things...just to do it all over again a couple days later because I forgot something or I found another recipe.

Veggies, imitation flavours, spices...anything! THANKS!

Carla
    I think that it's perfectly normal to feel the way that you're feeling (and by the way.....yours is definitely NOT a "blue post)"!!! We are all here, going thru many of the same struggles, trying to get to that same finish line! When the body goes thru such changes (and at such a fast pace I might add) it takes time for the mind to catch up. Sounds like your excess weight has been maybe a "protective cocoon" for you? Now you're blossoming into a beautiful butterfly!! It's as if you're going thru growing pains.... change is always good, and ALWAYS makes us stronger human beings!! You have come such a long way! Pat yourself on the back....allow yourself to feel what you're feeling, and validate that you are doing an awesome job!! If today you're feeling sad, remember that tomorrow is a brand new day... just hold on and take a deep breath! YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • Quote: I go to a clinic for the program and my dr doesnt really approve of the diet. She thinks it is messing with my system and wants me to try and get off of it and see what happens. I guess you can get fatty liver from rapid weight loss. She said I should just try to eat healthier but I love this diet and have been so successful. So I'm torn. Do I follow Drs instructions or continue on
    I suggest you ask your doctor to do some research on the diet...everyone is a skeptic when they don't know about something. If they would just educate themselves about it she might feel differently.