IP Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/22 - Sun, 7/24

You're on Page 4 of 19
Go to
  • Quote: I am so sorry you are not well. I have not heard anything about this diet altering the immunity. I know we are not allowed any fruits but we are getting our vitamins which should make up for that. Please keep us informed with the doctor's findings.
    I go to a clinic for the program and my dr doesnt really approve of the diet. She thinks it is messing with my system and wants me to try and get off of it and see what happens. I guess you can get fatty liver from rapid weight loss. She said I should just try to eat healthier but I love this diet and have been so successful. So I'm torn. Do I follow Drs instructions or continue on
  • Good Morning,

I'm starting IP today using alternative products. I have some of the packets from another company that I'm going to try. I'm excited and motivated seeing the wonderful results that all of you are experiencing but I also see the commitment and determination that it takes. I haven't been a "normal" BMI since 1975. I'm hoping that this will get me there. I've been a low carb eater off and on for many years so I'm familiar with high protein/low carb. I'm a slow loser, on thyroid meds. I love to walk and do pilates and yoga.

My official weigh in day will be Monday which is when I go to WW. I need that accountability. If I see the scale go up a pound I know I need to get down to business. In the past, I could shed a few pounds, but then up I'd go. This is going to be my last time! At 60, I just can't afford to keep torturing my body.
  • Happy Friday Everyone! I am very excited to pick up my 3 kids from camp today and tomorrow! And then we head to a bbq for my mom's birthday. That should be OK, as we are just doing burgers and dogs. I am bringing a veggie burger and will just do the salad. Should be an OP weekend for me! Only hitch is TOM is lurking and messing with my scale! I wish TOM would move away and just not come back! Someday?

Anyways, keep up the good work and I hope everyone has a great weekend
  • Quote: Happy Friday everyone!!!

Let me start by saying I just finished watching the video that Sandyh50 suggested yesterday....

"I watched the documentary "FAthead" on hulu.com last night and was really "educated" more about low carb diets."

OMG!!! Great explanation and an eye opener...so thanks Sandy for posting that!!!

Yummy idea..... not sure if I got this idea from the boards or not....took the peanut butter bar and sliced it into thin slices then put them into the freezer. Had them last night.....YUM!!! Melt in your mouth and take longer to eat cuz they're frozen!!!! LOL!!

Also, used banana extract in place of vanilla extract in my "IP cereal" pancakes this morning....thought it was a nice change.

Went to the market hoping to get some rhubarb....dying to try the recipe from yesterday's daily thread using the IP vanilla pudding. Need to go to a farmer's market I guess!!

Going to a 50th Wedding Anniv party this evening. At first, when we got the invitation, I thought...."oh yeah, I'm gonna cheat". Here I am, day of, no desire for alcohol or any carb rich foods. I REALLY want to get to goal, and when I lose a week to cheating that's a real bummer!! I hope to be in phase 3 next month ...looking forward to a yummy breakfast in phase 3....but until then....I NEED TO STAY OP!!!!!!

Best wishes to all for a fabulous OP weekend!!

I am so glad you liked "Fathead" too, this is all just a real eye opener for me.

I also freeze my bars and cut into pieces. I just eat a fourth of a bar a day as a treat.
  • Quote: OK, my day is is here....WI #1 @ 10:30......put exact same clothes on today that I had on the day I started (silly right?). anywhooooo. interested to see what happens. Also going to ask about WF products and splenda, those seem to be the biggest discrepencies from our posts..... Now have to decide which 3 boxes I have to buy will miss my variety. Had IP Wildberry yogurt today, it was yummy....... da da dahhhhhhhhhh.......the big moment looms, hope I am not building it up too much, but read to change my weight on my profile like the rest of you peeps.....not weighing myself at home.
    Good luck Josey, I hope you are happy with your results.
  • Quote: I hope I get to this point. I am planning a small cheat for my anniversary in 2 weeks. Maybe I will feel like you by then and stay OP. Right now I'm thinking about that bread and glass of vino every day!
    I bet you will!! I have had a few cheats along the way (including TWO trips to Disney)!! But when you work so hard to take it off, and then, because of a "cheat" it takes 5 days just to get that extra weight off...I have found (to me) that it's just not worth it. The closer you get to your goal, the more you want to progress onto the next Phase and it's very exciting to think that you're sooooo close to something you want so bad (I haven't seen these numbers in over 20 years ... I'm 46)!! I think I needed those "cheats" early on to realize that it's just not worth it......after all, this is all about learning from our previous mistakes, right? Good luck!! Best wishes!!

I am so thankful for IP!!
  • Happy Friday Everyone. I just popped in to say a HUGE THANK YOU to whoever invented the pudding cakes. The last week or so I've had a hard time choking down the IP foods but this makes it so much easier. I will definitely be eating all of the puddings this way from now on. I baked up a couple packets last night so I could have one for dessert and one for breakfast...made the drive to work so much more enjoyable.

I read earlier that someone is having "health issues" since the 2nd week of IP. I'm starting to have the same issues. I've had horribly congested sinuses with a gross cough for over a week...I'm really hoping it goes away soon. I haven't struggled yet with odd BMs and I hope I don't. I love this plan and the results are showing so quickly.

I'm fortunate enough to have a bf that works away for 5 days and comes home for 2...after 2 weeks he's started referring to me as hot mama, gorgeous, beautiful and sexy. He said he liked my curves before and will be happy for me as long as I don't lose all of them. Seems like a small NSV for me but it means a lot. I love the way I'm starting to feel...a little more confidence, a little more smile and a little more spring in my step.

This is fantastic. Cheers to an OP day and weekend for everyone. I love the idea of weighing in every Monday to keep more accountable on weekends...I'm definitely doing that from now on!
  • Quote: OK, my day is is here....WI #1 @ 10:30......put exact same clothes on today that I had on the day I started (silly right?). anywhooooo. interested to see what happens. Also going to ask about WF products and splenda, those seem to be the biggest discrepencies from our posts..... Now have to decide which 3 boxes I have to buy will miss my variety. Had IP Wildberry yogurt today, it was yummy....... da da dahhhhhhhhhh.......the big moment looms, hope I am not building it up too much, but read to change my weight on my profile like the rest of you peeps.....not weighing myself at home.
    Cant wait to hear how the first week went for you Josie...I know its been full of ups and downs but I bet you had a good loss
  • I made the jello recipe that someone posted with the Knox unflavored gelatin, pkg of unsweet Koolaide and splenda. It turned out great. I used pink lemonade kookaid, very refreshing. thanks for all the great recipes.
  • Quote: I also freeze my bars and cut into pieces. I just eat a fourth of a bar a day as a treat.

Ooooh!! Great idea!!
  • Hello all of the Great People on this site, Hope everyone is staying OP and has had an awesome week! Today is my BIG day....Graduating from College!!...its been a LONG 2 years but well worth it. I haven't seen my class mates in over 2 months because I finished before everyone else. I am super excited to see everyone and to see if they notice a difference in me. I had my caramel bar for breakfast this morning so I am ready for my day! My family is coming into town should be here in a few hours. Everyone have a GREAT day!!!!
  • Wow Lots of talk today Great NSV AND SV everyone!
    Quote: My work slacks are getting baggy and sloppy looking. I dug into the back of the closet and pulled out 2 suits that I bought in may of 2006 that were just a little small then. I bought them and said that I'd take the tags off when they fit. Well Last night I took the tags off. They fit perfectly. New work clothes!
    Isn't that just the best feeling?

Quote: Good Morning All,

Today is my official 3 week weigh-in. My home scale is the same as at the clinic and it is a total of 11.4 lbs. Not bad for 3 weeks, just a little concerned about the 3-5 lbs/wk that they advertise. The only time I lost more than 2 lbs was the first week and that happens on every diet. hmmmm. Maybe a big loss is coming in week 4. I have not cheated once and I have quite a bit to lose, so I expected a little more. I do have a faulty thyroid and take Synthroid, so I guess I should expect to be a sloooowwww loser. Very Happy to be losing.
    Sorry but I don't think you can really go by the advertised 3 - 5 lbs a week... I think it really depends on your body and how much you had to lose... I was 241 and the pounds came off fast but now I am getting within 30 of my goal it is 1's and 2's is the norm or +s some weeks Hang in there it will all work out in the end... I don't regret any minute of this diet yet.

Quote: *sigh*

Week five weigh in was this morning. I did not lose a pound. I did, however, go down an inch (half inch in my waist and half in my hips). I have been um..backed up so I bought the NoviLax. I am really discouraged right now because I did really well last week (despite the stomach virus and the crackers which had the same carbs as a restricted). I also swam like a beast for two days. My coach said that its probably because I am having bathroom issues and also exerted myself too much. I have a hard time believing thats the only issue...I guess I am just worried I won't get down to the mid-160s by August 18th (the day I leave for my vacation). I could use some encouragement... not trying to be whiny just bummed!

Hope everyone has a great week/end. I am hoping to take some time to relax with the hubby and see if it cools down....ugh, Illinois is beastly hot!
    It WAS probably because of that, it is strange how the big C does affect how your body is storing things. I had the same issue you will probably have a big week next week once you are back to normal. It is nice to set goals when you want to be a certain weight but there is no guarantees and you will get there eventually. I look at it this way, even though I wanted to be at a certain weight for a special occasion, I think to myself I may not be there but I am not where I was 6 months ago either so be happy with your progress and you will get to your goal eventually. There are other vacations and other years to be at that weight. Have a great day.

Quote: Congrats on all the victories this morning! Don't mornings feel great when you didn't give in to temptation the night before?

I weighed myself this morning, had another pound loss and officially passed from "obese" to "overweight" which was my next mini-goal. I can't believe how fast this diet works. After going downtown with my family yesterday and watching them eat fish and chips, donuts and sugary drinks while I was stuck with my protein shake, now I see why it was worth it!
    I liked that mini goal too, when I wasn't obese anymore and "JUST" overweight... next goal average weight... yahooo congrats to you.

Quote: Happy Friday everyone!! This was a rough week for me since I broke down on Sunday and had some ice cream. I was discouraged and mad at myself for giving in. I started fresh on Monday and have been OP all week. I had WI #3 this morning and was down 2.5 pounds for the week and 4 inches in the past three weeks. I bought a box of restricted bars today to eat when I have that sweet craving. I haven't been this weight since I got pregnant with my son - and he is 12!!!!! I am a slow loser so I'm estatic with 2.5 pounds. This has been an emmotional week with the cheat, and I was tempted to quit IP. I'm so glad that I had this forum because the success stories are what keeps me going. Thank you everyone for all the encouragement!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!
    Good for you, you cheated and you moved on. You learned something from it and I am glad you shared as it is always good for everyone to learn from others mistakes especially when you are new to the program. I think the tempting to quit thing is our sub conscious trying to sabatage us... way to go you worked through it.

Quote: Happy Friday everyone!!!

Let me start by saying I just finished watching the video that Sandyh50 suggested yesterday....

"I watched the documentary "FAthead" on hulu.com last night and was really "educated" more about low carb diets."

OMG!!! Great explanation and an eye opener...so thanks Sandy for posting that!!!

Yummy idea..... not sure if I got this idea from the boards or not....took the peanut butter bar and sliced it into thin slices then put them into the freezer. Had them last night.....YUM!!! Melt in your mouth and take longer to eat cuz they're frozen!!!! LOL!!

Also, used banana extract in place of vanilla extract in my "IP cereal" pancakes this morning....thought it was a nice change.

Went to the market hoping to get some rhubarb....dying to try the recipe from yesterday's daily thread using the IP vanilla pudding. Need to go to a farmer's market I guess!!

Going to a 50th Wedding Anniv party this evening. At first, when we got the invitation, I thought...."oh yeah, I'm gonna cheat". Here I am, day of, no desire for alcohol or any carb rich foods. I REALLY want to get to goal, and when I lose a week to cheating that's a real bummer!! I hope to be in phase 3 next month ...looking forward to a yummy breakfast in phase 3....but until then....I NEED TO STAY OP!!!!!!

Best wishes to all for a fabulous OP weekend!!
    It might be out of season in the states, as our spring was late here in canada we still have some. I just about bought some the other day but the stuff they had didn't look very good. I noticed on one of these threads that someone said that it was unlimited... sorry totally wrong it counts as your 2 cups of veg. But it is so nice to have, especially when it is hot outside.

Quote: I go to a clinic for the program and my dr doesnt really approve of the diet. She thinks it is messing with my system and wants me to try and get off of it and see what happens. I guess you can get fatty liver from rapid weight loss. She said I should just try to eat healthier but I love this diet and have been so successful. So I'm torn. Do I follow Drs instructions or continue on
    That is a tough decision, Have you spoke with your coach? is there something different they can do about "fatty liver" on this diet. I can't seem to figure out how you get a fatty liver from this diet. do you have these symptoms?
    Fatty Liver Symptoms of Impaired Liver Function:

Headaches and migraines, fatigue, bad breath, mood swings

Lack of mental alertness, confusion, mental fogginess, depression

Hypoglycaemia and unstable blood sugar (diabetes symptom)

Weight gain (particularly around abdomen)

Difficulty losing weight or following a weight loss program

Yo-yo dieting or constantly losing weight and gaining weight

Indigestion, heartburn, reflux, bloating

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Allergies (asthma, rashes, hives and hay fever)

Food cravings including sugar cravings (diabetes symptom)

Gallstones and gallbladder disease

Obesity

High blood pressure

Decreased sex drive

Dry itchy eyes

Fluid retention

and found this as well:
    Diet for Fatty Liver
    A good fatty liver diet is high in fiber and low in saturated fat and calories. The key is to take it slow, don't change your lifestyle overnight. Losing weight too quickly could actually worsen the disease. Rather concentrate on cleansing the liver and slow responsible weight loss.

if you go to fatburn-secrets it has more, but the diet they recommend seems really similar to the IP diet. I would talk to your coach about if you have fatty liver what you can do with this diet... You might just have to increase your food intake a little, but I would check with both your coach and your doctor. then decide. If it is your health, do what is best for your health.
  • Murlea, That is so cool about taking the tags off now. Hooray for you!
  • Quote: Friday is finally here! I went to a Lia Sophia gala event last night and they were serving cupcakes and alcohol. They also had candy at each table. Yet I managed to stay strong and not have any of it. This morning I was so happy cause my scale says I am down from yesterday. Can it get any better? Best of luck to everyone this weekend. May the scale treat you kindly.
    I am going to a Lia Sophia thing on Monday, but thankfully it is at my Coaches house (who is also a very long time friend of mine) so I'm not even worried! Most of her family and friends are on IP right now too!!
  • Congrats again Wuv2! I hope you have an awesome day.

Today begins my first weekend on IP and I'm a bit nervous. It's too hot out side to stay busy there so closets watch out. I will be a cleaning fool if I start to think of food. I have a birthday party tomorrow morning but I'm sure I can be strong. I love cake as much as the next person but I hate the way that my jeans fit MUCH more than I love that cake.