Tall girls-5'9" n over

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • I'm 5'10.5, 172 pounds, and a size 10/12. I would like to be 155....and guess what? My boyfriends a good 5 inches shorter than me!! :P We've gotten a few looks here and there...he's not a skinny guy though, but one of my weight loss motivations is to look slimmer 'cause for some reason I think it would make the height difference more forgiving?
  • Quote: I carry most of my weight in my hips and rear end. I can't wear low rise jeans because I feel like my butt is always hanging out. I wear my jeans right below my belly button (on the verge of mom jeans haha).
    See I have an EXTREMELY long torso so my belly button is LOOOWW most jeans come up about 3" OVER my belly button...more look like grandma jeans LOL I don't tuck my shirts EVER!
  • I'm 5'9 (wish I was 5'10) and weigh around 146/147. I love being tall =) I honestly wish I would have done modeling...when I was in high school I used to get approached a lot by modeling agency scouts (near school, the mall, even the LIBRARY! lol) I never pursued b/c my dad was so strict and he wouldn't allow me to. I wish I didn't listen to him tho...oh well too late now =/

Anyways...I currently wear a 7/8 but sizing is weird b/c I have two other pairs of jeans that are 7/8 and one is wayyy too lose and the other fits but is kinda tight (i get love handles with those)....can't wait till i fit a 3/4...I think I may have to re-evaluate once I get to 135...maybe 125-130 dunno yet..we shall seee
  • I'm 5'9", and right now, I weigh a little over 150. I wear maybe a size 12? I have a very small frame, and I carry my weight weird. =P So I'm hoping to get to 125-135... leaning towards 125. People often tell me it's really tiny, but I have such a small frame that weight shows badly.
  • I randomly found this on the internet today..thought it was kind of interesting. Fun to do and see, maybe not totally accurate but interesting.

http://makeovr.com/weightmirror/liftupload.php
  • Nylvoh/fat gurl...one day former fat girl
    Hi Lil' Thanks for responding. Ur the first &I appreciate u. How isit going? I am starting a 5 day blits at a camp in upstate ny.kinda scared Major walks and mainly liquid diet w/ nightly treats of delicious frozen yogurt . Goal 6 pounds. Trying 2 make doc set goal. Hey, do youknow how to get the visual that shows start weight progress and goal weight. Alot of people use it on this site. Have a good night. Oh, I started a thread tonight. Learning how to maneuver througj this site.

Nylvoh
  • Quote: I'm 5'9 (wish I was 5'10) and weigh around 146/147. I love being tall =) I honestly wish I would have done modeling...when I was in high school I used to get approached a lot by modeling agency scouts (near school, the mall, even the LIBRARY! lol) I never pursued b/c my dad was so strict and he wouldn't allow me to. I wish I didn't listen to him tho...oh well too late now =/

Anyways...I currently wear a 7/8 but sizing is weird b/c I have two other pairs of jeans that are 7/8 and one is wayyy too lose and the other fits but is kinda tight (i get love handles with those)....can't wait till i fit a 3/4...I think I may have to re-evaluate once I get to 135...maybe 125-130 dunno yet..we shall seee
    Wow, I have to say, your weight loss is really motivating, from one tall girl to another! I've never seen a size 7/8 before, though, even at 135. I dunno how you do that, but it's awesome!
  • Hey girls, I am 6'0 and currently weigh 262. I totally understand not feeling comfortable in your body, I have been like that for a long time. A year ago it was just too much, and to this day I just feel not comfortable no matter what I am wearing. I also have never liked being tall. But I think it's because I have ALWAYS been overweight. My goal weight is 160. 102 pounds to go.
  • I hear you erin, when you are tall and overweight you feel like a giant! I have a sister who is 5'5" and literally 110 lbs...standing next to her I just want to cry because I am so much bigger than she is. I think I will always feel fat next to her though. IDK what it is but she has never really had a weight problem I envy her and really don't EVER want to stand next to her. I feel enormous sitting next to her in a car too!
  • Hey Ladies. I totally understand. 5'11 and 350 (as of like 4 days ago). But like all of you, I would love to go down smaller, to feel comfortable in my own skin. Hugs and best of luck to all of us
  • i'm 5'9 and currently with 192 pounds. last year i reached my goal and got to 148 but i didn't liked it, my body is really weird. i have really long torso and short legs and big booty and really small boobs. in the end i gained most of it back with binging and now i just want to loose another 22-24 pounds to get to around 170. i like my figure now i just want to tone it up a little more. and lose the belly and hanging butt oh and the back fat.i feel like all my newly gained weight went to my back and stomach. ://
    sometimes little more is better. i wish to be little curvy but with my weird proportios it's gonna be hard.
  • jen an miss

I totally understand you miss, my proportion are weird too with an extremely long torso.
  • Ah...just to have a torso! I am all boobs, butt and legs. When my weight is down it doesn't seem so bad but now I look like an apple on stilts!
  • LOL I have the boobs, no ***. Le sigh
  • Hi Ladies! I'm 5'9" currently at 189... I had lost down to 153 last year in April but freaked out and gained some back. Now I'm on my way back down for the last time! I love being tall and wish I had at least another inch, heck I wear heels most of the time! lol. In sizing... I'm currently like a 12, but at my low of 153 I was a solid 6. My goal now is 150 flat. I'd like to lose just a little under 150 because people suggest a weight range and I'd like to never be over 150 again (unless I'm pregnant, haha).