Valentine's Day Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Okay, here's the deal: we seemed to start off strong in the January Challenge, but many people disappeared and those who didn't had a rough start to the month.
    So, lets put the past behind us and start new!
    Let's set some goals for ourselves and work together to acheive them!

My goals for the next month will be:
    1. To lose 1.5-2lbs per week, reaching 170lb by Feb. 14.
    2. To concentrate on the things that I am doing well-journaling, exercising, and feeling good about myself!

My start weight for this challenge is 176.8 lbs.

Good luck to you all!
  • OK - I'm in My WI day is Mon night.

I am going to lose between 1-2 # per week, walk at least 3 times per week and get rid of "unfriendly point" snacks.
  • I'm In
    Hi Gang,

I just had my first weigh in since before Christmas since all were cancled or post-poned due to weather. I did not gain during the holidays, which was my goal, I cannot believe it! I am into this new challenge.

My goal will be to lose 1-2 lbs a week. I would like to be 160 by the 14th.

I also want to gym it 3 times a week and get 4 Pilates sessions a week.

Smiles,
    Sarah
  • Glad you decided to join in, Bandit2! Do you have many pts-unfriendly snacks at home?
    Nice to see you again, Sarah! That's GREAT that you were able to make it without a gain!!
    Should we do a weekly WI post, to keep us on track?
  • Hi - I have a teenage daughter, so there is usually some treats around the house. Most of the stuff was leftover from Christmas then we were away, so it is still here.
  • It's hard not to have unhealthy foods around when you have teenagers/hubby with bad habits! my 17 yrs old bro stays here lotss, and he doesn't eat anything remotely healthy! My hubby isn't quite as bad, but bad enough!
    I just make sure I have low pts snacks for me- then if I have tons of pts left over in the evening I will have one of their treats!
  • I am up for a Feb challange. I had a rough start for the month of Jan. My hubby was in the hospital for mental illness. So I have not stuck to anything from working,Taking care of the house, and visiting him. I did not have time for anything and also I am an emotional eater so I was eating everything in site. So that is why I have not stayed in contact.

My goal for Febuary is to lose 5 lbs
    Excercise 3 days a week
    Drink 2 glasses of water daily(I normally don't drink water)
    stay op
    Journal Daily
  • I like the idea of a weekly post, I will submit mine on Wednesday night / Thursday morning. I like Tara stating her goal as well.

Personal Goal:
    Personal Goals: Feb 12- 160; May 7 - 150; July 2-135
  • Judmom- Sorry to here about your dh. I hope things are going better for you now. Glad to see you are up for the challenge!
    Sarah- I will post my wi Tues nights. It is so great to hear from you again!! How are things
  • He is doing much better now that his meds are correct. He gets to come home Tuesday afternoon. My weigh in will be Fri am. My goals are to lose 5 pounds a month for the next 6 months then it is time to reevaluate after that.
  • Valentines Day Challenge
    Hello I am in also: I got off to bad start for january! I had weigh in last Monday and lost 1.5 pounds.

My goal is too:

1) Stick to meal plan

2) Do tread mill morning and night

3) exercise bike in morning

4) I have also joined Jazzercise- 2 times a week

5) lose 1-2 pounds week.

Would love to lose 30 by June 1st.

• Hi - I want to join in too

My goal for Jan is to lose 5 #, walk 3 times a week, keep focussed and stay OP

Good luck, everyone
  • Week 2 of Challenge: How are we all doing?
    crycket, bandit2, sparkles, judmom...glad to see so many of us are up for the challenge!
    I hope you have all been having a good weekend! Mine was kinda sucky...ate pretty good Saturday, but today I am a couple pts over my range, since I had to go to a birthday party. Have been p.o.'d at dh all weekend and it has been a struggle to keep it from turning into an excuse to pig out.
    Oh well, there is a new week ahead!
    This challenge will be especially good for me- I bought a bridesmaid dress yesterday and really want to shrrink more before it arrives!
    I am buying a new exercise video tomorrow, and can't wait to try it!!!
    Good luck to you all- if anyone needs to vent or needs advise, this is a great place to do it. Typing doesn't make us fatter!
  • Hello! I joined WW yesterday morning and I am ready for a challenge. My first goal is to just stick to the point system. There is a real possibility this will drive me NUTS! So far, I am constantly thinking about food and what I can eat, and what I can't, how many points in this and that...

My second goal is to start exercising at least 15 minutes each day.

Good luck to us all!

222/--
  • Emerald- Congrats on taking the first step in helping yourself! Have you ever done the program before? Try eating lots of low pts foods and drinking lots of water. This should help the hunger. Your body should adjust. As for the constantly thinking about eating...I don't know if that ever goes away! I try to use it to my advantage, and try to plan ahead low pts snacks and meals so I can get the most food for my points!
    Good luck with the journaling, it is the thing that has helped me the most. (I lost about 65lbs on the program before I had my daughter, so now I have to do it again!)
    If you have any questions or just need support let us know!