How did you find IP and decide to go for it?

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • My doctor offers it has his practice and asked me to do it. Best decision I ever made!
  • Found lots of info on here and than found a clinic that offered it. Turned out to be a doctor that I have known for 10 years so my faith in the program increased. Best decision I have made about my health!
  • I found out about IP on 3FC! I had seen numerous goal posts by people who had lost weight on IP. I was skeptical and there was (at that time) no IP centre in my city. I spent 3 days reading through every post on this sub-forum and then decided to try doing it on my own with alternatives.
    I am so grateful for this board and all of the people who were so generous with their information and experience. Following the IP protocol has really changed my life- and probably added a number of healthier years to it!
  • I found out about it thru a friend's hairdresser. Her Salon is right next door to IP!! After my friend saw her hairdresser's results....we decided to try it! She, myself, and Hubby all went to a "workshop" to learn about it. You could leave, or make an appointment...your choice. I really liked the "no pressure" approach!

Now here's my thought for the day.....
    WHY ISN'T IP BEING SHOUTED FROM THE ROOFTOPS???? WHY ISN'T THIS ON THE NEWS? WHY ISN'T DR PHIL, DR OZ, AND EVERYONE ELSE PROMOTING THIS WAY OF EATING?????? This has been such a HUGE Blessing in my life!! Wouldn't this world be a better, happier place if more people knew about this diet?? I just don't get it! Is it because here in the US this program has only been around for less then 3 years? To all our Canadian friends....is IP widely known about in your country?

Just curious why not many know about this here ( in the northeast of US anyway).
  • Wow! 19 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks is awesome!!
  • Quote: I found out about it thru a friend's hairdresser. Her Salon is right next door to IP!! After my friend saw her hairdresser's results....we decided to try it! She, myself, and Hubby all went to a "workshop" to learn about it. You could leave, or make an appointment...your choice. I really liked the "no pressure" approach!

Now here's my thought for the day.....
    WHY ISN'T IP BEING SHOUTED FROM THE ROOFTOPS???? WHY ISN'T THIS ON THE NEWS? WHY ISN'T DR PHIL, DR OZ, AND EVERYONE ELSE PROMOTING THIS WAY OF EATING?????? This has been such a HUGE Blessing in my life!! Wouldn't this world be a better, happier place if more people knew about this diet?? I just don't get it! Is it because here in the US this program has only been around for less then 3 years? To all our Canadian friends....is IP widely known about in your country?

Just curious why not many know about this here ( in the northeast of US anyway).
    You really made me giggle, I share your happiness and I see you hopping up and down on rooftops. I think IP has been in Canada for around 20 years??? Longer in Europe???
  • Quote: Wow! 19 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks is awesome!!
    Thanks!
  • I'm in Canada and I'd never heard of it before last week. I also wonder why it seems to be such a secret. I'm in a relatively small city and apparently people are really being successful on it here. One woman lost 130 pounds in 11 months. I don't know how long it's been in this town though.
  • I am Canadian too and never heard of it before my girlfriend had tried it in march of this year. The difference was amazing, so I gave it a try and easy as pie when you link to this site with it. All the support you need I think.
    I am doing an alternative version because my dr wont allow me but I still lost enough to make me happy without doing IP packets just not as fast as all of you. I have learned alot about the contents of foods and VEGITABLES especially.
  • Quote: That must be amazing having so much support! I wish half my town was doing it. Then I wouldn't have to worry about how to explain it to people. Not to mention it wouldn't be so hard finding ways to tell people no when they want to go out to eat 3 meals a day.
    Sorry, just saw this! It is good and bad. You get the, "oh, you're doing THAT diet" from the ones who are jealous and have nothing good to say about it. But then I have 3 people I can call because they have phased out or are doing it right along with me so that's nice.
  • I was on a business trip in Yakima, WA talking to a co-worker over lunch about diets (great topic during lunch, eh!?). Anyway she said her sister had tried IP and was really happy with the results. Before I forgot the name...I opened my phone and searched it to keep the website in mind when I come back home. I came home on a Thursday night and spend the entire weekend reading online information - pros, cons, clinics around my house, etc. I also found this forum and signed up :-). Finally I called the closest IP location around me. There were a few offices but not near my home. Knowing me I could easily get tired of the diet and make an excuse to quit just because of the driving distance.

The business I chose is a one woman show, who she herself went through the program years earlier, I liked that. Her office is a small office - almost looks like a kitchen with a high counter and cabinets storing food and samples, etc., a scale, measuring tape and a couple of chairs. She has other businesses...I wonder how much $ she makes b/c she's only opened 3 days a week LOL. Anyway...I thought about all that and said "what the heck"...let's just do it! My first payment was a big ugh! b/c I paid her 2 weeks worth of food, supplements, and new membership fee. I hope when I go back next week is considerably lower. As well as my weight an inches...I want those to be lower too!
  • Does it cost 17k?
  • I read the words Ideal Protein together somewhere on the net and immediately googled it. I've been a low carb eater for a long time and I was just curious what it was. I live in Northern California and I've never heard of the diet. I don't know anyone doing it. I spent the next few days reading everything here on 3FC as well as reading the online book. Then decided to jump in on Monday morning. I'm glad I took the weekend to read and understand. I'm using alternative products and waiting for my Nashua order to arrive.
  • Wow I like reading how everyone heard... I agree with so many what do you mean it has been in canada for 20 years.... Like I said before, you mean I could have been a hot chick in my 20s? instead a Hot cougar in my 40's!!!

Anyway, most of you that have read the recipe threads have seen Couts71!
    He was my inspiration. It seemed like his weight just disappeared overnight, he was walking better and he seemed much happier (not that he wasn't happy, he is) I started asking him about it and he told me about this website so i checked this out, did a bunch of research on IP because I didn't want to try another "fad" diet. When I found out how long it was around I thought wow, and with Couts being my living proof, I jumped in with both feet, found a clinic close to my house and started Feb 8... so as of Aug 8 will be the start of month 7... never thought I would make it this long without getting bored or sick of it. But I haven't... I think it is because I still get chocolate and I can still have salty snacks so I am good to go... I really am happy Couts Doctor told him about this and he spread the knowledge to his co-workers. There is about 8 - 10 on this program here in the office and I like to think with Couts and my examples that we are helping our coworkers get healthy. Bonuses to this.... my brother says I seem happier. My sister is happy for me. I am happy to have lost almost both my dogs weight. I don't have sore hips when I wake up in the mornings.. I don't have heartburn, had started not eating spicy things because of it... NOW I have hot sauce just about every day... I don't miss stopping at the grocery store to find something fast (and usually tonnes of calories) to eat. I have found yes it takes a little bit of time with prep for supper but because it is so restricted but easy to follow I enjoy it. I see overweight people now and just hope that they also find this program or something that works for them.

Quote: I'm not sorry!! I'm very happy with this diet. It's clicked in me; I've become very regimental with my food. I'm giving up a trip to Europe because of the cost but its cheaper than the 17K I would have spent on the lap band. And I'm saving myself another bad experience with surgery.

I've went to my family doctor and put it all out on the table down to the amount of oil and what supplements. She's ok with it and wants me to keep going.
  • My mom got me started on this program. There was a girl at her work (slimbound) that was a bigger girl like myself. And she started this program, my mom asked her questions, then told me to look into it. She told my mom she had lost 50lbs in just a few months and looked great. So I goggled for a place in my area found one and here I am. I did so well on it that my brother also started the IP plan and my mom is doing the alternatives. In 13 weeks I have lost 60lbs, in 10weeks my brother has lost 37lbs and my mom has lost 30lbs in 10 weeks also. Anyone that ask me how I am doing it I tell them because if they could look and feel better in a few months like I do then I definitely want to spread the news!!