NSV - Major One For Me

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I just had to share with someone, i'm so bloody happy about this.

I have been in the pre-diabetic range for years, getting tested every 6 months or so. I got my latest fasting glucose test results back yesterday. 4.2! Thanks to my dietary changes, I'm no longer pre-diabetic!

This is huge for me. My mom's diabetic and she has progressed to the point where she needs insulin every day, and she feels like crap all the time. The thought of becoming diabetic pretty much terrifies me. Getting that test result yesterday put me in a whole new frame of mind.

I'll stop babbling now, but yay!

Hope everyone in 3FC-Land is having a great day too!
  • That's fabulous news and I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! Keep it up
  • OMG, devnet! That's fantastic!!!! I'm so proud of you and very happy for you!! That's a phenomenal NSV!

I, too, am pre-diabetic. I was able to lower blood glucose by diet changes and exercise, then I hurt my back and was unable to exercise and indulged in "comfort" foods. So now, I'm back to just over 6, working on bring it down again!

BTW....I LOVE your avatar!! It's so true!
  • That is brilliant !! I can feel your elation through your words , how amazing is it that you have altered your future !! Go Girl
  • great news!
  • Wahoo! That's major awesome! I remember when I got my a1c's back normal too. (I still consider myself prediabetic and eat to keep it where it is too... I don't need type ii!)

But it is nice to know that you CAN do it, right? You did/are doing great!

A.
  • I am diabetic so I am so happy for you! Job well done!
  • Wow devnet! That is definitely a MAJOR NSV! Great job!!
  • Congrats! A very fantastic NSV.
  • Absolutely wonderful!!! Good for you
  • Wonderful news and NSV!
  • What fantastic news! And it didn't take too many pounds to turn that around.

Lin
  • Congratulations! That is fantastic news!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • Thank you all for the great comments and encouragement!