Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 7/18 - 7/24

You're on Page 5 of 18
Go to
  • I looked at the Red Lobster website about allergy info. It lists "tree nuts" for the coconut shrimp. I take it "tree nut" is coconut. Here's something funny, I had the bakery add some toasted coconut to my cake on Saturday. My reactions don't take place immediately. It will take place later in the day or the next. I think that's why it's been so difficult to figure this thing out. Also, I used to drink that pina colada "juice" that I linked about the mixed drink the other day. Also, sometimes I will have those "naked juices" that contain coconut water. Also, when I go to Jason's on Sundays, I eat some of their nut mix, which contains walnuts and almonds. I didn't eat it the last time, and I don't think I had a reaction. The mixed nuts from the other week contained almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. Interesting stuff!

ETA: ACK! I just realized that I use a little coconut oil in the pan when I cook my omelet. ACK! ACK! ACK!
  • Hello everyone!

I just typed up a post, but it disappeared, so I'm doing it again.

It's hot a blazes here, but I finished an early morning exercise thing before I sat down to work, so I'm feeling good! It's not as much as some of you on this forum are doing, but I'm trying to get a little in each day, so that I can build a habit.

Yesterday was a day of discipline after the pizza indulgence of the day before:
    egg white omlete breakfast
    salad for lunch with a side of tofu in tomato sauce
    1 part skim cheese stick for snack
    Grilled veggies & tofu, with a serving of polenta for dinner.

My sweet husband grilled all evening, and now I have some good veggies for the rest of the week. I'm a vegetarian, so I threw some tofu onto the grill as well.

No change on the scales, but I've gotta believe that exercising every day, and eating a controlled diet are gonna make a difference soon. And I also know that if I'm discouraged, all the courageous people on this forum are going to give me a boost.

mamakat, I'm so impressed by how you've managed to move past the thoughtless words of those people.

Have a wonderful day eveyone!
  • Quote: My sweet husband grilled all evening, and now I have some good veggies for the rest of the week. I'm a vegetarian, so I threw some tofu onto the grill as well.

No change on the scales, but I've gotta believe that exercising every day, and eating a controlled diet are gonna make a difference soon. And I also know that if I'm discouraged, all the courageous people on this forum are going to give me a boost.
    JuhiR Yay for your DH grilling veggies for you. I love grilled veggies, too. Don't get discouraged. Sometimes, it just takes time to start losing. It will start coming off and you will do great!
  • Hello, I'm new to the boards too! I'd have posted yesterday, but I'm still finding my way around, and I just found this thread today. *waves at everyone*

Monday is my rest day in my training program, and I might have overdone it on the calories. I had to be out of the house most of the day getting some cavities filled, so instead of my "small meals every two hours" thing I had a block of 6 hours where I couldn't eat a thing due to rubbermouth. Once I got the food out--yikes! I probably ate six to eight ham and cheese roll ups for dinner, along with an apple and a glass of V8. Felt sick about a half our after. Luckily, scale seems to have forgiven me--I'm about the same today as yesterday, heh!

Monday was the third week of my exercise regimen, which is one of those "learn to run two miles" deals. I don't think it's tuned for obese people, but I'm trying. Says I'm supposed to keep the running on an effort scale of 3-4 (out of 10) but by the end of my jog (it's more like a stagger at this point, haha) I'm definitely working at a 9-10 level.

Today I weighed in at 285. I am not keeping track of my decimal points, yet. Once I get into Onderland, as I have heard it called here, I'll start worrying about tenths of pounds. At any rate, that's one pound down from starting weight--but I don't trust gains or losses under 10lbs since I'm one of those chicas that fluctuates 5 lbs a day in water weight.

When I started my workouts two weeks ago, I spiked up to 195 for a couple days, even! Yikes! Just building those calf muscles, I guess!

So far today I've had a yogurt with a scoop of protein powder--about 200cal
    A bowl of Kashi with milk--about 200cal
    and turkey-tomato-cheese rollups--about 260 cal

I really don't know what number of calories I should be aiming for--at 6'1", I am always hunger-crazed if I try and go below 1900 a day. Anyone know of a good calculator for such things?

Anyhow, I perhaps rambled too much, thanks for reading. : ) Any suggestions would be appreciated!
  • Just real quick I wanted to shout... I'M BACK DOWN TO 264! Yay! Now off to grocery shop. Bye all, have a great day!
  • Mojojuju I like MyFitnessPal. It says I'm supposed to eat 1740 calories in order to lose a pound a week. I'm a shorty, but I pack a punch I have been doing low carbs for one week now and I've lost 6lbs since starting. I always come under calories. As I've said in the past I struggle with feeding myself (mental issues ) so I tend not to make myself a lot of food. The low carb dieting is preparing a lot of food so I'm learning as I go

Last week I went shopping for the first time in 3 years (again anxiety/bipolar) and I really need to go today because we are out of food. I plan to make a list soon...no, I really do I promise!

I started out at 283 and am so close to the 40lbs mark, so excited! And JuhiR I started with no exercise and built up. I can do 12 miles on recumbant bike now. that's a walk in the park for some, but I have limitations and I'm proud of myself with what I can do.

Oh before I go I was down some more but forgot the numbers. It's 245.8 so whatever it was I was before I'm down now. I better go before I forget I was supposed to GO hahahaha
  • Grrrrr!!!! I needed to be to class 10 minutes early for bodypump and everything was working against me this morning. I was ONE MINUTE late (meaning 9 minutes early for class instead of 10 minutes) and my spot was given away. Try explaining why we can't go to the gym to an excited 6 year old? Fortunately, I was able to tell him I would take a class this evening at the same gym to make up for it. I HATE that gym's setup for Zumba (too small and a long, narrow room so it's hard to see the instructor), but I feel bad letting the little guy down this morning. So, tonight I'll bounce around instead. Which totally messes with what I was going to make for dinner. Hmmm... what will plan B be?
  • Thanks, Mamakat! <3 I'm going to check that out now!

Berryblondeboys: Some ideas for fast dinins--Fish tacos (or salads if you don't eat carbs!) just grab some pre-seasoned fish from the grocery store, fry it up with a little chopped Napa cabbage , scallions and avacados...presto!

Or chicken spinach soup--12c broth, 1 chopped onion, 3 chicken breasts (I bake mine in the toaster oven with a little garlic salt and then just fork-shred the meat), 1T of thyme, terragon, and onion powder, and a box of frozen spinach. Add 1/4c of barley or rice if you choose. Nummy, and ready in about 30-40 mins!
  • Mojojuju Hi and Welcome!
  • good morning! it still seems to have stuck, weighing in at 204.8 again this morning i'm still expecting it to go up again because i've had too many cherries, fish and rhubarb cake lately...i have to be very careful not to sabotage myself, because I WILL so i'm committed today to eating much better...no more cherries and cake etc...and the fish is eaten up...

we seemed to have fixed our furnace with a good old thump to the side of it the blower wasnt turning off this weekend...so DH got in there, banged on the side of it, and now it is working again...he said it knocked the dust off the sensors or something...but hey, up in alaska we can fix practically anything with duct tape and a good whack!
  • Hi Diana! I'm so impressed by your weight loss, I've seen you around the boards. Very inspiring!! I hope to lose about 125 eventually, and I think I've found the right community to do it!
  • I just got back from having my allergy labs done. I am so glad I did it. I don't know what they will find, but hopefully we can get to the bottom of this madness.

alaskanlaughter Congrats! I'm glad it stuck!

Mojojuju Thank you. You can do it. We will be here cheering you on!
  • Hey all, today I was at 1300 calories. This now makes 5 days of sensible eating. Haven't felt hungry at all, eat when I want to, but focus on making positive healthy choices. The odd treat of low fat ice-cream with berries and a sprinkling of drinking chocolate.

I am very lucky in having a husband who likes to cook. Tonight he made chicken breasts in cacciatore-type sauce. I had a salad with it. All great.

The scales aren't particularly moving the last few days but I'm not too worried. I know that if I keep eating like this, I will lose weight. It's just a matter of time and keeping on with what I'm doing. Wish me luck.
  • Good Evening All,
    Well the manic episode has officially ended, I'm zonked. I don't want to wake up, I don't want to move/exercise and I don't want to eat. That being said my son needed a ride to a friend's and we needed some food. I slowly got dressed all the while poor kid apologized and said he could walk (well over a mile). I went shopping for only tonight and tomorrow (just in case this does not pass) and everything went wrong in checking out. I gotta say though, being this drained and in total depressed icky mood, I did not turn to bad food. I stopped in the Atkin's section and got some shakes. I came home did the dishes, had a shake and bar and am now going back to bed.
    I didn't exercise but as of this moment I'm missing close to 1000 calories so exercise probably isn't a good idea anyway. I just can't do anymore.

alaskan I wish I lived near you so bad right now. I want some of that cake and I would have loved that fish too.

syzygy keep doing the right thing and the weight will start showing for sure Don't forget about inches, I got a shock when I did mine yesterday. 3 1/2 inches lost in a month...I don't see it

Diana glad the testing is over that's half the battle right? What happens if they do find something, will you be able to take something for it or avoid like the rest of us Cake....someone give me cake

Mojojuju did you look into it? I love it. There are others too, I just don't know their names. I found that one on my phone first then computer. So cool how technology has come so far. I like that I can go out and not have to remember everything, I can just type it in. If I'd have to remember then I...what was I saying

berry I love how you're making a sacrifice for your son and yet getting a benefit out it even if it's not exactly what you wanted. What a good mommy

shish you are doing wonderfully, great job!

Alrighty everyone, I'm going night night now, at 7 o' clock how weird. I hope you all have a wonderful night. I hope to see you tomorrow with good news of exercising. The good thing is I'm too tired to go get cake so this too shall pass.
    Have a happy and healthy night
  • Mamakat, I did find it, and used it! Turns out, I can eat WAY WAY WAY more calories than I thought. I was trying to do about 1800, and it put me at 2280 per day for rapid weight loss. Oh my!

I tried their exercise calorie burn calculator, and it seems to think I'm burning between 800-1000 calories with my workouts, so I guess that explains the high numbers! That, and my massive frame. I really AM big boned, lol!

I have much more of a plan today than I had yesterday, thanks to you!