Shorties in their 40s: Losing Calories vs. Maintenance

• Hi, all. I've searched and browsed through some old threads on maintenance, but I haven't seen one that asks the specific question that I have: If you're in your 40s and are 5 ft. 4 or under, how many calories does it take you to consistently lose? If you've had a go with maintenance or are maintaining now, how many calories does it take to maintain your goal weight? Also, what's your activity level like?

Thanks!
  • If you go to fitday.com and join (it's free) I think under "weight" you plug in your stats and it will tell you calories for losing weight as well as maintaining. There are lots of calculators on the internet for calories and weight loss etc. That's just the one I use.
  • Thanks, nanjmc. I know. In fact, I've used several online calculators. However, I know that those calculators often do not jibe with real life experience. I was just curious about what "real" people experience concerning maintenance.
  • I think it depends on weight but MFP says I need to eat 1740 I usually come in under calorie and I'm losing steadily.