Anyone Doing Calorie Cycling?

• I have been following a fairly rigid 1500 calorie daily plan since January with good weight loss. However I am starting to have longer and longer periods with no weight loss. I have read that calorie cycling can help maintain a steady loss.

I am considering following this schedule for my daily calorie intake and I would like to hear the experience and opinions of others with cycling calories.

Mon 1201
    Tue 1801
    Wed 1501
    Thur 1351
    Fri 1651
    Sat 1501
    Sun 1501

Larry,
  • It prevented me from plateauing, yes. I loved it. I had high days and it made the low days really easy. I am working my way back to more structured cycling but I haven't really been consistent yet this time around. I lost quite a bit pretty fast when I first did the cycling.
  • I do cycle my calories, almost unintentionally, though. It just works out that some days I need to eat higher (for social reasons or just because I'm hungrier), and some days I don't. I don't know about rate of weight loss, but by the fit of my clothes, I've probably lost 8 - 10 pounds during the past 7 weeks. Also, it just makes sense to cycle calories: After all, naturally, I believe most people don't eat the exact same number of calories each day. And I think it prevents the body from adapting to one certain calorie level. So, I say go for it!