New member :)

• Hello,

I have 100+ to lose and so here I am

I am doing a self modified low carb plan and it has been working out so far for the past couple weeks. I've had a lot of previous experience with dieting and exercising, but nothing I stuck to for more than a year.

I am currently down 14 lbs from my highest weight and working on the rest of the lbs

-nelie
  • Welcome Nelie!

Wishing you all the best this time around

Post often!

Dana
  • Welcome Nelie!

You have come to a good place ~ it is an amazing group of people ~ so supportive, encouraging and understanding.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

glynne (Gayle)
  • Welcome Nelie!

I joined this board just a week or so ago. I too am on a self-designed 'careful carb' eating plan and would be interested to hear about yours.

I'm eating lots of low-starch veggies, as well as moderate amounts of fruit, dairy and protein, but I am avoiding starch. I have high fiber cereal w/ protein (such as Grapenuts, or Quaker's Women's Nutrition Oatmeal) for breakfast and sometimes a few crumbs on some chicken or fish, but that's about it for now. My problem is that once I start eating starch, I don't stop.

AND ... my cravings have subsided and I've pretty much stuck to my plan since Jan 2. I promised myself I'd only step on the scale once every two weeks, so this Thursday is weigh-day for me!

Again, welcome! I look forward to getting to know you.
  • hello =)

i'm still relatively new, but i found this to be a great place! we have people trying all the different weight loss plans here, giving out support, chatting like old friends, etc.

we cheer each other on through weigh-ins, gossip about dates and cute guys (sorry matt!), and give online hugs when needed.

jump in and join our challenges, and post a profile so we can get to know you better. plus you can check us out in there too! and pictures of us in the other sticky.

hope you like it here!
  • Hi Nelie!

Welcome! This is a place where I've found a lot of support and help - I know you will too!

Angi
  • Welcome Nelie!
  • Welcome!! You have come to the right place if your looking for support!!

Looking forward to hearing more from you! Feel free to jump in!
  • Welcome to this place of supportive and caring people. Hope you like it here - I sure do.
  • Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! This is a great place to find encouragement! I hope you are able to post often
  • Welcome aboard. Hope you find this place to be just what you need, as you strive to meet all your goals.

Sandie