9.5 pounds lost in my first week!

• Hey everybody!

So by cutting out sodas (my ABSOLUTE vice, omg) I've dropped 9.5 pounds (a bit over 4% of total weight!) since the 4th! I didn't stop cold turkey (had one on the 5th and one on the 6th) but other than that I haven't touched a drop!

What I've done so far:
    cut out soft drinks
    increased water intake dramatically
    started having small servings of 'whole' snacks, such as fresh fruit and greek yogurt between meals
    reduced portion size, using less sauces and toppings (including cheese, guac...you name it)
    started Jillian Michaels 30DS after hearing how it worked for so many people on here.
    Just started WW last night, but have been using their principles for a while...but now tracking begins

I'm just so happy. This is the first time that I've seen real results so quickly, I feel better in my clothes and everything. I think most of my results can be brought back to 3fc, for both inspiration and plentiful information!

Thank you so much guys! If anyone has some more tips for me, please share!
  • Wowie! Well done! What a good way to start! Now you should just keep up the good work and even more weight will fall off!

Good luck
  • Awesome work!
    It is pretty insane what drinking soda does to us!!
    Keep it movin'!!
  • How amazing that you dropped so much so quickly. Keep up the great work, you should be at 160 in no time!
  • Excellent job! That's amazing! Keep up the great work... oh, and soda was one of the things I had to cut out too, not easy, but it makes such a difference!
  • Way to go!! Keep on,keeping on!!
  • WOW! That's amazing! Congrats on the loss. I've also been drinking more water... helps a ton. I used to never drink more than 2 glasses of fluid every day. Now I can drink 5. I should be drinking 6-8 but I'm proud at myself for having my habit improved. It also helps me feel less hungry! And I could live on fruit. It's the best <3.

"I'm just so happy. This is the first time that I've seen real results so quickly, I feel better in my clothes and everything."

That's great. Success is the best motivator, ne? Congrats again and at this rate you're going to reach your goal weight in no time! (> ^.^)>
  • How wonderful!!!!! Keep up the great work
  • Well Done!!!!!! xxxxxxxx
  • fantastic
  • Wow, that's crazy!! (In a good way )

I love soda too. I only drink the diet stuff, so no calories, but have been trying to cut back as I am sure all the artificial stuff can't be good either.

I like to treat myself with some Perrier.... the grapefruit one is delicious, and I feel so fancy drinking it!

Keep up the good work