looking for a buddy

• I love this site, but find that I would really like a couple or few regular connections, maybe even one or two of you who would enjoy phone calls in support as well. If not that's fine, too. Just looking for more accountability, help, give and receive.

thanks,
  • Hey Purrfect, if you are looking for a local (real-life) buddy, you might want to check out WannaBuddy.com. The site uses your zip code to connect you with people near you with similar interests, like weight control.
  • I'll be your weight loss buddy!

I'm 52 and have lost 34lbs in 2.5 months doing it my way. Ha!

I've got 40lbs to go.
  • I would like that too! Count me in.

I am 58 and have lost 44 pounds....trying to get to onederland as my next mini goal.
  • Hi Okannie!

Congrats on your weight loss! You reached your last goal on my birthday. I didn't reach mine on my birthday but reached it today. Good enough. I hit 165 today which was a HUGE goal when I started 2.5 months ago.

Right now I'm setting my sights on weighing less than my husband. I've got 7 more pounds to go. Woo hoo! I should be there in about two to two and a half weeks.

Things that keep me motivated: Losing weight. Anger when I don't, because I get even more determined.

Best wishes,
    Jude
  • Hi, Jude! 165---that is great!!! Way to go. And yeah on the determination. That is what it is really about.
    Purrfect, are you still around? How is it going for you?
    Annie
  • Had a terrible 10 days!! Gained 4lbs for no apparent reason. I'm back on track now and dropped five. That was the hardest time I have had since I started.

I was temped to throw in the towel and eat an entire cheese burger and fries with a frosty.

It's crazy how you can come this far and get blind sided.

Glad I made it through that one. Hopefully it's the last for a while.

One thing I did different was exercising. I will not exercise again until I'm finished losing weight. I know how crazy that sounds, but it does not work for me.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Hey grace,
    How did u manage wtloss so fast?
    I am 59 and lost 12-13lb in 11/2 months
    Curious
  • Hi Purrfect!

I get on the board every day and I am also from NY. I am doing IP and am in my 4th week. I am a little discouraged, because I have been right on protocol and since my last friday weigh-in, I am up 4 lbs. It can't be possible, just based on the amount of calories. I have a terrible time losing weight, but I am sticking with this for awhile and seeing what the "end" result will be, everyone says it will work, just stay with it!
  • Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to get one of those little sliding things you have at the end of your post? Where can I download it from and is there a fee? Is it by amount of pounds lost? Thanks for any assistance you can give.
  • support
    I'd love to join too! I am 53 and have lost 21 lbs. since 6/15, but have bounced up and down the last 2 weeks. the first 15 came off easy!.I would think it would still be coming off easily since I now weigh 257 and have 77 more lbs. to lose. I want to see if I can maintain 180 for awhile then continue on. I guess I'll decide when I get there! It is frustrating at times, but support really helps!
  • I would like a slider too. How do you get one?
  • The "slider" is referred to as a tracker I think -- for info on how to set one up go to the main forum page, at the top click on Announcements and then open the following "sticky"

STICKY: the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Hopefully, that will answer all your questions.
  • Thanks noregrets4me! I will go to that area and see what it says (if I find it). LOL