Will this soup freeze well? (Red Bean and Spinach)

• I decided to make a pot of soup for my lunches. I was planning on having 4 servings, but it ended up to be a big pot full!

Ingredients:
    1 can red beans
    2 boxes of frozen spinach
    3 garlic cloves
    1 onion
    1 red pepper
    1 can tomatoe paste
    1 cup of macaroni (measured before i cooked).

it's atleast 8 servings now. I'm only one person. I can barely handle to eat a soup for 4 days straight ...so, can this soup freeze well?

I know garlic can go rank in the freezer fast. Is is possible that I don't have too much garlic in this soup? I would like to freeze it for 2-3 weeks so I can eat the extra 4 servings now and then.
  • I'm not sure about how the macaroni and spinach will freeze, but the garlic should be fine, and anyway it sounds like you have no alternative. Freeze it and at least you'll learn more about how well different soups freeze.
  • The macaroni might be a bit mushy when you reheat it (depending on how well it was cooked to start), but everything else will be fine, and it'll still taste good.
  • I freeze pasta dishes if the pasta is just partially cooked since it will continue to absorb liquid before it's fully frozen. That only works if you plan ahead for freezing though.

Since you already have it, go ahead and freeze some of it and please let us know how it comes out later
  • I just froze some soup with what was aldente' whole wheat pasta a few weeks ago. I heated the first container last night and the pasta was mush (soup still tasted good though) I am not thrilled with the results but I will still freeze soups.