2 years ago today, I became "normal"!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Today's the day! My 2nd year milestone in a lifetime goal of maintenance. When I started this deal, I was just hoping to make it until the next day. As many of you may know, I was hanging on by a thread. I seriously did not know if I was going to make it another day...

This time was different. In the beginning I didn't really make and set goals on how much I wanted to lose, or how long it should take, my number one goal was to keep off any weight I was fortunate enough to lose. If it was only 20 pounds, then I made a promise to myself I would maintain it...if it was 200, I promised to maintain that. No more yo-yo, I was tired of it and needed to stop.

So, here I am, 16 months of weight loss and now 2 years of maintaining that huge loss and I'm pretty much on top of the world. As long as I stay away from sugar, I'm good to go. Unfortunately I'm not always in my right mind and go on a sugar bender from time to time, but thanks to God, and sheer determination I have been able to get a handle on things before I have gone totally out of control.

I'm healthy and happy and ready for another year of being fit and trim!

I wanted to thank my 3fc family for sticking with me through the thick and thin, and for the moderators who haven't banned me when I cop a PMS, (or sugar hangover/withdrawal) attitude. Attached are 2 pictures. One is from July 4th, 2007 before I began my weightloss and one is from July 1, 2011 that my son took of me in honor of my 2 years.

Thanks again chickie-poos, for always being there.

• Congratulations not only on losing the weight, but on the life you're living afterward! I'd noticed a couple of days ago that you were coming up on this milestone; glad you posted about it.

You look amazing, and I'm sure you feel amazing too. (Your porch also looks amazing, by the way. ) Thank you for sharing both of those pictures with the world; they serve as a tremendous inspiration to those who want to lose and to those who want to keep it lost.
  • Happy anniversary! What an amazing accomplishment and inspirational woman!
  • LORI BELL....

YOU ROCK!

In Christ ~ Gary
  • Lori-
    I am so glad you have accomplished this incredible feat! Your posts inspire/d me when I was both losing and now maintaining. Being trim is awesome!
  • Congrats on year #2 Lori Bell, you look AMAZING, capital AMAZING! Wowsers, quite the transformation, continue to rock on chicky! You look FABULOUS, capital FABULOUS my dear!
  • What an accomplishment Lori Bell.
    I am so proud of you.
    I would have thought you had maintained your loss for much longer!
  • I have never seen your before picture - you are unrecognizable! Congratulations on how far you have come and kicking maintenance's butt I have not been around here a long time, but you are one of my inspirations!
  • Amazing, you look like a different person. You must feel great! Congrads!
    My 2 yr anniversary will be Aug. 15th. I gained 10lbs, You must have wonderful willpower!
  • Thank you guys! I feel so blessed...ya know to be a part of that infamous 2-5% lol.

Fruitlady, I don't really have that great of willpower, because I do occasionally cave at the sight of sugary treats, but I do have a good bit of pure stubbornness! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I think the best incentive I have had to keep it up is the neighborhood gossip! When I heard some of the locals had a bet going on as to how long I'd keep it off, it made the promise I made to myself just a little bit sweeter!
  • Congratulations! You made the change you wanted in your life - if only everyone could do that so well and with such conviction!
  • Lori, I am so happy for you ... and also for us, that you have stayed around here & continue to give & get support from the site. Yours is a voice that I listen for & value very much.

I wish you many, many more such anniversaries.

("Wow, that's a SMALL WIFE.")
  • Happy "anniversary"! You are a continuing inspiration to everyone here.
  • Lori, I hadn't seen your before picture. Wow, I can hardly tell it's you! You're a different person. Congratulations on your accomplishment, and I hope you continue to experience wonderful success in maintaining.

Jay
  • I also had never seen your before photo....you really made a remarkable transformation. Thank you for sticking around here and showing me that it's possible to lose and maintain too!