Christian Encouragers ~ JULY

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Well, Grandpa Gary, where are the pics ?
  • HI ~ well, the July temps were back today, but not as bad as other days (in the low 80's F), so it was much more bareable. The humidity wasn't a bad as the other day (we had a wee flood, as our air conditioner forget to shut off when the bin was full); although late this afternoon, we had to turn on the small air conditioner as it was getting quite hot in here ... but we are so blessed to have it, and we are very grateful too.

Just had a quiet day at home; food went well, had a cool pasta-veggie salad with tuna for dinner, which is nice on hot days (I cooked the pasta ahead yesterday morning). Didn't want to heat the kitchen even more by putting the stove on during the hottest part of our day here.

Temps should be about the same tomorrow, but we may get a thunderstorm, which may cool things off for us -- and that would be nice. Packed a couple more boxes yesterday, and will tomorrow as well, I think. Pretty much the same old going on here, but it keep me busy along with my regular chores ...

Hope you are all having a geat week ... Rosebud
  • EZ, congrats on the baptism of your granddaughter! My baby cousin just had hers 2nd weekend in July
    bargoo, I hope you are healing well
    JustWant, You sound super excited about the move

I just wanted to step in and check it out in here, had not been in the Faith based support perusing as of yet and so glad I did! I am seeing prayers and faith all over and that is so uplifting to me! I will pray your move goes smoothly, though afraid to say I have not read enough to know where you are moving or the reasons, but sure it is in His will for you to do so

I am still new, and also on a battle of the weight/health journey. Have suffered some medical issues over the last year and a half that caused a "ballooning" if you will, and now that it is mostly found out and controlled, I am on the wagon, lol. Prayers are my strength and where my positivity comes from (anyone who reads the kids thread or the activity with pain thread knows I have some obstacles, but they are JUST obstacles)... He guides me in the right direction It's nice to see others with faith as well, no matter the higher power basis, faith is strength... just an opinion of course. I hope to get to know you all abit better! ~Star~
  • I had my stitches out, I am going to be left with a scar. although Doctor says it will be a long time before it is completely healed.
    My family has been after me to move nearer oldest son and DIL due to other health issues, now that I apparently can't walk on a flat surface they are more insistant than ever. I had an interview yesterday with an apartment in Davis, Ca. Don't know if this the right thing to do or not.
  • I will pray the answer will become clear to you, bargoo. I am sorry to hear you will have a scar remaining, but so glad you were able to get the stitches out
  • BARGOO ~ sorry about the scar but it may eventually go away -- I burnt my right breast (yes you read that right) on the stove burner, and thought it would never heal; but after taking some Vitamin A for that scrape on my leg, the scar there disappeared too ... Praize GOD!!! Have sent up some prayers for you about the decision to move closer to family; do you want to? That matters ... I mean I've fallen, but didn't think I had to move becuz of it. It's nice to be near loved ones who care for you if that is what you want though. Maybe ask GOD for a positive sign about this ...

STAR ~ nice name; I had a friend once named Star. Glad you checked us out over here; this is a really nice group. Some are busy right now, but I sure hope they check in again soon or I will send up some prayers that my Angels will get after their angels to so they will get back here and let us know how they are ...

Yes, we are excited becuz we bought a house; what an awesome blessing for us. It is a long-time dream and as always, GOD had better plans for us! We were trying to build a small cabin, but it was really dragging along; I really started wondering why, so I prayed about it daily. Then I kept getting bombarded, DAILY, with thoughts in my mind that we should BUY A HOUSE ...

I wrote about this in the PRAYER WARRIORS thread. I had so many verses given to me, including one that GOD MUST BUILD THE HOUSE; and that HE would get us a house. Well, at first I thought ... HOW? But you know that verse in Mark that goes like this ... WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! Well, HE sure proved that ... Praize GOD!

I prayed every day; and GOD moved mountains out of the way! In one week, we had the money, and found the house. You gotta BELIEVE; you gotta TRUST Him; and then just WAIT ... and "HE WILL BRING IT TO PASS". Psalm 37:3-5.

We had a wee shower today; it helped cool things down. Got lots of the technical stuff done for the moving today -- the calls for the utilities and such. Tomorrow, we sign more papers; lots more of that to do and then we're all set to move. DH went and inspected the house again the other night and everything's OKay ...

Have a fabulous Friday tomorrow everyone; RONNI, WILMA, BOOTSIE, KAREN, and others -- I am praying for you ... hope all is well! Rosebud
  • Rosebud,
    Yes, I have had Vitamin A recommended by others as well , I am going to get some today.
    It isn't just the fall that concerns them , the other health issues that are present, I am still in cancer treatment and that takes a lot of trips and sometimes quite a lengthy visit.
    Thank you all for your prayers.
  • Rosebud - That sounds so nice! My DH and I just bought our dream home and moved into it January. It is in a rural area and we love it. We had prayed and been in search over 4 months...then it happened. We looked at it, and it had all we were searching for; then when we went upstairs, we saw handwritten on the wall (someone tried to cover it with paint, but it showed through) "baby girl"... which is what my parents STILL call me (and I am...well, upper mid-30's, lol)... if that wasn't a sign!!!! I called my father from upstairs of that house (from AZ to Maine where they live) to tell him we found our house! LOL! We put in our bid, and there wasn't even a counter! It was ours! Perfect for the children and their medical issues too - which honestly, I started to wonder if we would find... but He will provide. The trick is to realize it's on HIS time, not yours, lol... I am still working on that part myself I hope your home ends up being as perfect for you as ours is for us and I pray that the weather is perfect for the big move! It wasn't long ago I went through it all, so know there is a TON of side stuff that has to be done, so good luck and try to remember to rest
    Thank you for the compliment on my name. The full name is actually "Starla", but lots of people just shorten it. My parents named me after a pastor's daughter.. my mom had heard the name and fell in love with it apparently. I can't wait to get to know everyone.. including those who have seemed to go MIA due to whatever obstacles life has thrown at them to take up their time and pray everyone is ok
  • bargoo - I didn't know of your treatments, I am sorry to hear of that. Are you doing chemotherapy? Or radiation? If too nosey, just tell me and I will totally understand. I will definitely add you to our prayer chain locally, if you are ok with that? Do you want to move? Or is it more you feel like you have no alternative? I am a bit forward cause I am an open book... but it is out of a desire to get to know you and throw out the proper prayers... or I can leave it as: unspoken, as He knows you needs: if you prefer? ~Star
  • I have metastasized breast cancer, that is a fancy name for saying my cancer has spread. I had breast cancer over twenty years ago and learned more recently it has spread to my bones. No one knows why that happened after so many years, I have had surgery and radiation and am now on an oral medication and infusion (IV) every so often. Actually I feel quite well and thanks to God I am feel perfectly at peace. The fall is a concern because of the bone situation fortunately I just received lacerations and nothing broken. I have an oncologists visit today.
  • I am glad your feelings are of peace and acceptance of what lays ahead, and all too familiar with the terminology (due to family as well as job related). Seeing that it didn't reappear for over twenty years is a good sign of body strength for you though I am glad to hear you have not had to suffer broken bones as a result... I can't imagine nursing broken bones along with the treatments. Is the infusion the one that is every 6 months? (except to start they do a treatment, then 2 weeks later another one... then on to the 6 months). I will send prayers for you. There is power in prayer and power in numbers, combine the two and anything is possible! ~Star
  • HI GALS ~

I am home for at least the week-end. I may leave again at some point next week for a project but I am hoping to pass it along to a couple of my guys as they have been off work for a month and could use the money. Sometimes my boss "allows" me to do that and other times he wants me to be there for supervision. Wouldn't mind being home since Angie is still on summer break from school

I am home all alone... ...nah! all is good!

Angie flew up to Sacramento while I was gone last week, our (my step for the newbies) daughter finished up her Americorps commitment. They drove my daughters car down and are visiting Angie's mom and sister right now, should be home late this morning.

I got to babysit my GRANDdaughter all by myself last night for 3.5 hours...way cool I am so blessed!

And BARGOO I will post some new pics this week-end! She is so cute!!....

Looks just like her grandpa ......

Well I better feed these dogs

Oh and welcome STAR!! awesome to have you here!

Prayers ~ Gary
  • Thank you, Gary Nice to be on board.
  • BARGOO ~ I can understand your son & DIL (family) would like you to be closer so they can give you more direct support; they are concerned. Am still sending up prayers for you with everyone else for your health, esp for peace & strength & comfort during your treatments ... hope the appt went OK.

STAR ~ that is a pretty name (Starla) and quite unique. I can see the signs about your house too. Yes, there are lots of little jobs to do when buying a house; we just have one more signing day with the lawyers next week (I think) before we move. I do have to watch to not overdo it; I did hurt my upper back some how this week; probably packing or moving things around. Have had a bit of pain in my upper back when I bend my head forward (that is from an old injury years ago).

I fell down some stairs and really damaged my right knee and a disc in my back, then aggravated it again by bending too far while making a bed. Old injuries can come back to haunt us years later; maybe it's the same with cancer, I don't know (just wish that didn't happen though).

I'm baking some chicken pieces in BBQ sauce for the next few days today, as it was a nice cool day today. We picked up a few groceries for the week today as well, as it was such a relief from the 90's F we had yesterday. I am baking a compote of apples & rhubarb for the week also; and it smells great in here.

GARY ~ You're not really alone -- cuz I know that Reba and Riley are there with you. I should be able to see those pics now that I have a much better PC. Numpster & her DH are coming up in September for a holiday & to see our new house; she will be helping with my PC, as the sound driver isn't in yet (forgot), but they are so busy with so much to do working and running the B & B place ...

Gonna go turn the oven down a bit; keeping an eye on that chicken & compote for tomorrow. Hope you all have a Serene Sunday tomorrow; I will be resting completely for sure ... Rosebud
  • Bargoo, I am an Ovarian Cancer survivor so I am somewhat familiar with your road.

Do any of you do any book studies for weight loss? My church had done 3D up until I had cancer. I had to quit because of that but the group had stop meeting. I have been feeling led to start another group at church. I was thinking about Made To Crave. A couple of friends recommended that.