#258 Bale of Turtles Doing Great!!!!

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Princess - sorry I forgot to post what I was reading right now. Something
    abit different for me, it is "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyer.
    I have seen her on TV a few times & this caught my interest. So far,
    I like it but as I said very different considering I am not religious. Hopefully,
    it will give me some inspiration.
  • Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Another bright sunny and super hot day here in the mid-west... I am loving the weather! I took the dogs for a walk last night, only for a quick once around to the park but it was just too hot for much more than that, the German Shep and I could have done a couple of more laps but not my old girl, she just looked at me after the first one as if to say "Im done, take me home" - poor old girl, but she is a trooper and always excited when the leashes get brought out.

Food has been good with the exception of last night, I went over my points... TOM has shown up again so feeling a bit off kilter and that could be why I ate too much but I went to bed before I did a huge amount of damage.

I will try and catch an aquafit class tonight I think, that has been helping my neck and back - I can use the exercise too so it is a win win.

Bandit: Sounds like you are enjoying your summer and I am so thrilled to hear that - You always seem to make the most out of your warm weather and being a warm weather lover I can totally appreciate that! I have heard of the author that you mentioned but have not read her, I will have to check it out next time I am on the library site. I thought Peri-meno too but I don't think the blood work showed that - not sure about that though... just staying the course for right now - to be honest I am not sure what else to do.

Judy: How did you make out with the repair people and the pool? How is your week going so far with food and walks?

Cherry: How are you doing today?

Life: How are things with you?

Terri: What is new with you this week? Are there any activities that you like to do in your spare time... like knitting, reading, gardening, etc?

Have to run but have a good day all!
  • Hey All Busy hot week here!

Many people on holidays so very busy at work. I have the second and last weeks of August off looking forward to that!

Princess I like to read mostly historical romances,womens magazines if no book on the go. I have worked fulltime for 2.5 yrs now (parttime before that) and find it very challenging to do much more than work and try to look after family, house ...
    Trying to make me the priority! Not doing so great with that! But keepin at it!

Well looks like the heat wave has no end in sight! Hot hot and sunny as far ahead as our forecast goes. Makes me want to stay in at night too hot to go out! Any excuse!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Terri
  • Hi All,
    The pool people "didn't find anything" except for something small. The bill was small, but we're kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop. Time will tell.

The cement patio was finished and it looks like they did a wonderful job!

What was not great was when the men went up on our roof to put flashing around the chimney, they found some plywood that was wet. Well, they stopped work, got another guy over here who told us we needed a new roof immediately and it would cost us $20, 000. We know we'll need a new roof, but hoped a small repair would put that off for awhile. This guy was a ridiculous bully, pulled out all stops and ended up being insulting. The good thing is that I had a figure in mind that we would be willing to pay-----and I called a contractor that we've used often in the past for maintenance and improvements and he gave me a figure that was reasonable. So, long story short we had them do the repair they were contracted to do (He told us we'd have to sign a letter saying we wouldn't hold the company liable, etc. and it looked like they were going to walk off the job/) finally the bully left and the men finished the job. Then the other partner told us not to rush into a new roof. Wait for rain and see if the repair holds. Ugh. Well. I got through that day going over points, but not by much-----but the next day when we had the cement work done I overate from start to finish. My weight is up and I'm going to my meeting, but not WI. Tomorrow some of this weight will drop and I'll be okay------but this is why I maintain and don't lose weight. It's discouraging. The good part is I ate well for 6 days this week. The crazy part is I'm overeating the day before WI. Something's going on with that.

I'm glad so many of us are doing well. I'll check in later. Here's to one great day today for all of us!
    Judy
  • Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Not as hot here today, we are getting a mini break from the heat but just until Friday then the temps are heading way back up.

I went to Aquafit last night so that felt good, I have my knitting class tonight then W/I tomorrow. With TOM I have no expectations that my W/I will bring me a number that is much lower then my last W/I which was almost two weeks ago, I have worked pretty hard at it too but seem to be just spinning my wheels as far as the number on the scale goes.

I am taking a half a day off on Friday, I have to go and get the permits so that they can get started on the deck that we are putting on the back of the house. We are having a masive oak tree taken down out of the yard and that should happen next week then our guy can start on the deck. It was two things that we wanted to have done before I lost my contract...

Judy: I just hate bullies! Ugh, so sorry you had to put up with him and so very glad that you stood your ground! Boy I have dealt with my fair share of them over the years especially as a single women/mother back when it was just me and the boys... I hope that the repair holds for a while for you!

Terri: Totally understand... I only now have spare time... LOL, my kids are grown so I have time to do things now that I rarely did before. I love to read, knit/crochet, garden, shop, etc. I really enjoy doing things around the house - strange I know but I enjoy it.

I have to run... way late for my next meeting!
  • Morning, turtles:

Judy/Princess - sounds like you two are busy with house repairs, will
    be nice though to get things done. I know what you mean about dealing
    with contractors/handymen etc - sometimes, I feel some of them take advantage of people & their situations.

Really nice up here and I actually went up to my trailer last night & had
    a nice swim and stayed the night (it is abit closer to work than from home)
    so no reason not to be up there when it is hot.

Have been totally OP this week & hoping for the scales to reflect that.

All - good luck at your weigh ins.

Cherry - how are you doing with your new programme? I might have missed you posting what exactly you are doing - so maybe you could fill us in.

Stay cool
    of peoples situation
  • Hi ladies.

Week 1 Official Loss : -6 pounds. I know most of it is water but I am going to take it and run with it. I also have been exercising 15 - 30 min. a day which is good for me.
  • Good morning everyone and happy Thursday! Another sunny warm day here... tomorrow the heat is supposed to come back with a vengance and brings its old pal humidity with it so we are in for a hot weekend... I don't mind though.

Going to do my lawn work today after work before I head to W/I - kind of like my last chance work out... LOL.

Bandit: I don't blame you at all! I would be up at the trailer as much as I could too! Nothing like hanging around the water during the summer months! I am reading a book right now called Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs... it is very good so far.

Cherry: So enquiring minds want to know... what program are you following? Congrats on your loss, that is fabulous!

Judy: How are you doing? Are you managing your stress ok... I know you have a lot going on right now... wishing you the very best outcomes!

Terri: Any plans for the weekend?

Everyone: Have a great day everyone, drink your water and exercise when you can!
  • Hi Turtles,
    Princess, it's so nice to see your daily messages. Thanks!
    Bandit, glad you can so easily get to your trailer for a night or two. REally cool!
    Cherry, weigh to go! :
    So glad you got the incentive to try something else. Nothing like a 6# drop in weight to psych you up. So proud of you for sticking with it~!!!!!
    Terri and Life4evr, have a great weekend.

I could have done much better with my food yesterday. The repairs are done and dh and I have agreed not to do anything else of that nature this summer. The nice weather is fleeting and we'll be back to winter, so I'd like to enjoy it! I've got my food planned today and I'll do it!
    Son and his family of 5 are coming in tonight to spend some days with us until Sunday.
    The weather snapped here and it's cool today. It'll still be good for swimming, though.

Best wishes to you all. I'll start a new thread asap
    judy
  • Hi Turtles,
    I'll see you all at #259 Bale of Turtles Taking It Day By Day!
    Judy