First time on a diet :/

• Hey everyone, my names Erin I've just turned 22 and I live in England. I had my son when I was 16, before that I could eat what I liked and still stayed at a size 10. Unfortunately I carried on eating like this throughout my pregnancy and then suffered with post-natal depression which made me eat even more. I think I've always known I was over weight after I had my son but I don't think I noticed the extent of it so now I weigh 17st and I've noticed how big I am I need to start doing something about it before I get depressed again So anyway, I've never been on a diet before and there is so many to choose from I actually don't know what to do lol. I started weightwatchers but left after 2 weeks as I didn't like the woman who run it especially when I thought people were to be weighted privately and not with people queuing behind me. I have also invested in a Wii Fit and do that twice a day for an hour each time. So basically what I'm asking is there anyone who has any tips about first starting a diet? And I have a rather good insentive - when I eventually get down to 14st, my partner and I will start planning a wedding
    Thanks alot xxx
  • Welcome and good luck ! There are many good diet programs to follow. I like calorie counting, no special foods to buy, very flexible and free. South Beach is popular as is Atkins and others. You can do WW at home try the WW website to check out WW online, I do find it a bit expensive but there are no meetings to go to. It is OK to experiment until you find what works best for you.
  • Welcome to 3FC!

As Bargoo mentioned there are a million plans out there, it just takes a little time to find out what fits your life.

I'm a WW member. I have attended meetings in the past, but the meetings do differ from leader to leader. So if you didn't like one meeting, it's probably best to try a couple different meetings to find one you like.

Weigh-ins are private in that they never reveal your actual weight. Only they can see it, and they usually give a little "up or down" note to you, but most people around don't care. They're much more worried about their own weigh-in. (Promise!)

However if it's not for you, it's not for you. Invest in a scale at home. You can use WW online, or maybe Calorie Counting to start just to get an idea about your eating patterns.

Best of wishes!
  • Good Luck with whatever you choose. And welcome to 3FC!
  • Welcome, Harlequin!
  • Thanks everyone, yeah I didn't like the meeting near me so I am gonna go and try the one thats a little bit further means more exercise doesn't it I was thinking about WW online my partners mum swears by it so I can have online as a back up plan if the meeting doesn't go my way
    Thanks for the messages everyone xxxx