Set myself up for failure..interested in trying the "REAL" thing..

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • My start cost was $300.00 which included the vitimins, guides, and food for seven days. It is about $84.00 per week for me. I will not even try alternatives. I am willing to sacrifice some where else to stay on this program. I feel really good every day.
  • For the people in Quebec.. I think we run on a different health care system..We are on BC health care system and i dont think we are covered for it at all..Ive never heard of anyone being covered for that..not even for weight loss surgerys..i could double check..however..the issue would be trying to get approval from a doctor who doesnt believe in "diets"
  • Porthardygurl: I have been doing almost strictly IP products since I started in Oct 2010. I say "almost" because I do supplement with non-IP products such as EAS Carb Control shakes, Pure Protein Bars, Premier Nutrition Shakes, Proti-Thin, Proti-Diet, and Health Smart products. This past May 2011 I did an experiment for one week with all "alternative" products and I still lost 3.4 lbs, the same as the previous week on IP products. I have attached a copy of my week's menu including the price of the protein packets. The dollars listed do not include the cost of the vegetables or additional dinner protein.

I now "coach" my husband, daughter, son-in-law, and daughter-in-law on the IP protocol using strictly non-IP products and each has been very successful. My daughter-in-law, who has been very strict with the protocol, has lost 20 lbs in the last 5 weeks.

Good luck with whichever direction you choose to take.

• I paid nothing for my consultation and only paid for my food packets. It cost me about $100.00 a week. I think it's worth it. I do find it upsetting that the Government will pay for gastric bypass but won't cover the cost of trying to successfully loose weight on your own.
  • Just finding this now and want to thank smh321pa! I have been considering a switch from IP for a few months as I have a lot of big events coming up in Sept and Oct and don't want to stray from the diet, but can' afford it. Your spreadsheet is exactly what I was looking for!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU lol! How is your family doing on the alternative products at this point?
  • Oh, I think I overpaid! I paid $300 for the consultation, on-going support and shaker. No food or vitamins were included! My first purchase for everything came to nearly $550!! The packets cost $28 per box of 7, and I'm not sure about the viatmins.
  • Quote: I am in Quebec too, my Dr at the medical clinic told me it wasnt covered for me. Maybe because I didnt have high bp, or diabetic problem. I even asked my private health insurance, they said it wasnt covered unless I had a prescription by the Dr and it was a life or death situation.
    I'm in Montréal, Québec and was able to get the consultation at a gym that offer IP and it was only $35 for the consultation. It still cost me another $150 for the food and vitamins but i find it well worth it. I also don't pay anything to get weight each week.
  • I didn't pay a start up fee and just had to buy my food at $28 a box. I have since switched to alternatives and found that I'm not choking the food down. I love the taste of the new stuff. Nashua Nutrition saves me about $200 a month in packet costs ($11 a box versus the $28 for IP). But that said, you have to do what is best for you and it has to be something you will enjoy or you won't stick with it. Good luck!!!!
  • Quote: at I cant say weather alterantives work or not..what i can say is: I lost 7 pounds in 4 days trying to use just whey shakes for protein packets and then eating my one meal at night plus my water salt and oil of course..
    But i failed..I could barely chok dwn the whey shake..and after 4 days i gave up..becausei couldnt deal with the stress of knowing i had to come home to a disgusting shake for lunch..and i had to dread it all day..

So alas..after failing at this..im now curiosus..How much did it cost to sign up and how much per week for food?
    There are other alternatives besides shakes
  • I am doing strictly alternative now and find I have a wider variety of products and I am losing the same amount of weight.