Egg Whites

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hi guys!
    I just came from an IP seminar and they announced that egg whites are now "free". I don't know if any of you knew this or not, so I thought I would put it out there since I didn't.

I think that is great news because now we can have hard boiled egg whites as a snack or even have scrambled egg whites AND a packet for breakfast. Which is awesome b/c now I can have my cappachino and scrambled egg whites. And this is perfect because if anyone was worrying about the egg whites in the pudding cake, worry no more.

Thought I would pass on the information in case you hadn't heard yet!
  • Thanks so much for this information! Egg white omelettes used to be part of my normal routine before I started this program, and I've missed them!

I've never heard of such seminars, so if you don't mind me asking, who are the speakers at these seminars?
  • I haven't heard this. Do we need to check with our coaches?
  • Jennydoodle, where did you find a seminar?
  • This is probably a really dumb question, but can we just boil the eggs as normal and discard the yolk when we eat it?
  • They had the seminar at my doctors office where I get Ideal Protein. A couple of coaches spoke about the diet, had samples of the food, talked about the phases, what's allowed, what isn't etc... It was a basic overview of IP. I think it was just something that my doctor and some of the local coaches decided to do. I don't think that it is necessarily something that IP puts on.

One of the coaches said that IP just made egg whites "free". I would check with your coach to be sure, but my coach was there and she said told me yes, egg whites are unlimited. This is probably very new information and your coach might not have had an opportunity to tell you yet, depending on your WI schedule. I WI on Wednesday morning and my coach did not have this information. However, she had it Thursday evening.

I too used to eat egg whites, scrambled, every morning for breakfast before starting IP, so I am excited to bring them back. Plus it will be nice to have eggs and coffee for bfast, instead of just coffee.

Jessica- yes, just make hard boiled eggs the normal way, just don't eat the yolk.
  • Quote: I've never heard of such seminars, so if you don't mind me asking, who are the speakers at these seminars?
    Quote: They had the seminar at my doctors office where I get Ideal Protein. A couple of coaches spoke about the diet, had samples of the food, talked about the phases, what's allowed, what isn't etc... It was a basic overview of IP. I think it was just something that my doctor and some of the local coaches decided to do. I don't think that it is necessarily something that IP puts on.

One of the coaches said that IP just made egg whites "free". I would check with your coach to be sure, but my coach was there and she said told me yes, egg whites are unlimited. This is probably very new information and your coach might not have had an opportunity to tell you yet, depending on your WI schedule. I WI on Wednesday morning and my coach did not have this information. However, she had it Thursday evening.

I too used to eat egg whites, scrambled, every morning for breakfast before starting IP, so I am excited to bring them back. Plus it will be nice to have eggs and coffee for bfast, instead of just coffee.

Jessica- yes, just make hard boiled eggs the normal way, just don't eat the yolk.

We also have seminars...well, they're called "workshops". My IP center has them at least twice a month anyway. No obligation to join....just info, and samples of food. I attended one a couple weeks ago just as a "refresher" in case I missed some good info the first time back in February! LOL!! I like it because you can listen, leave, no pressure to join, and call back if you want to make an appointment!
    So excited to hear about the egg whites!! Thanks jennydoodle!!!
  • This is GREAT news. Thanks for sharing!
  • I think it's cook they are listed as free, but it also scares me in a way.

One egg white isn't that large, and its about 17calories an egg white. I'd worry about going overboard and taking on an extra 100calories (or more - who knows) just by "sneaking in" some egg whites because they are free.
  • Best.News.EVER!!!!
  • Quote: We also have seminars...well, they're called "workshops". My IP center has them at least twice a month anyway. No obligation to join....just info, and samples of food. I attended one a couple weeks ago just as a "refresher" in case I missed some good info the first time back in February! LOL!! I like it because you can listen, leave, no pressure to join, and call back if you want to make an appointment!
    So excited to hear about the egg whites!! Thanks jennydoodle!!!
    This is exactly what this was...
  • My Coach has said this all along!

I was even criticized for "not following the IP protocol" because I was having egg whites and a RTD drink box for breakfast!

Great news!
  • Whoo hoo!! I will make sure I mention this to my coach on Monday!!!
  • Great news! My coach is usually up to date..I'll check with her on my WI next week. She has all along suggested egg whites if I get too hungry and recommended adding them to my omelet mix if I like.
  • ok stupid question....Can you just buy egg whites?