IP Daily Chat- Thursday, June 23

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: Now my faith is restored. First WI and I lost 6.5#

I am beyond stoked and ready for another great week. The coolest thing about this is I have only technically been on the diet for six days as I started last Friday. How wonderfully boosting to FINALLY have lost something!!

I wish you all a wonderful day and thank you for the continuous support/inspiration.

Congrads on a great first WI!!

Its my last day of work this week...yeah for a three day weekend. Just going to be doing things around town so I should have a good weekend OP!! Good luck everyone this weekend and may we all think "skinny" thoughts!!
  • Good afternoon everyone, hope everyone had a good Thursday. Just wanted to stop by and say my WI yesterday resulted in a -4.2 lbs loss and another 2 inches gone!!...I found out yesterday that I have been eating 2 restricted and 1 unrestricted...WOW...now I'm doing it right so we will see what next week brings. I have been losing so I didn't pay attention but my brother started also and he is the one that informed me I was eating wrong....lol...I am the one who usually pays attention to details this time its him and he lives in a completely different state. We always call and compare what we got to eat for the week. Its great having him on board as well. He has 50 lbs to lose and has 20 gone so far and as far as for me well I have 98 left to go!! but hey i have 41lbs gone so far!!...WOOHOO!!!!
  • Congrats to everyone on their great losses!!!

I am feeling better this afternoon. I had my packet early today and then just had a salad at lunch time. Was just feeling totally off. But now it's better, and I can't wait to grill some steaks and asparagus for dinner tonight! We're finally having some sunny, dry days.
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I have been reading all these threads for the last month and half and everyone in here is quite inspiring. I started Ip with a goal of about 40 lbs to loose. I am half way there and could barely stomach my salad today! I am starting holidays in 2 weeks and am thinking that maybe it is time for a break and to re-start in a month. I need advice to not gain while off! My coach is good for motivation but not strong with nutritional facts. Basically she tells me not to combine fat and carbs. How much fat should I keep away from? is there a majic number that I should stay away from with each meal? Any advice would be great!
    I agree totally with Susie Bee! I started IP in Jan and lost 23 lbs..I got bored, went on vacation started slipping a little...then fell completely off! Wished I had 'Phased" out. If you want to a break..go for it! But I would suggest going through Phases...and then hit it hard again when you are ready!! Good luck!
  • Hi All! I'm new to posting but have been lurking for months and have gotten so much info and encouragement hearing your stories!! Just wanted to say "Hi". The site won't let me post my stats until I have been a member for 20 days and 20 posts.
    I just roasted OKRA (fresh) and YUM!!! I don't even usually care for Okra.
  • Oopss..guess i does! Read that wrong!
  • Hi All! DAy 3 for me (I'm a newbie) and it is going quite well even though I have company all week. I am excited for my first weigh in on Mon. Hope everyone is doing great!
  • Hey everyone
    I found a new way of getting all my water today that works for me and I thought I would share it. I was having the hardest time getting my water because I would forget and then end up chugging it when I remembered. Which made me start to hate water. lol
    Anyway, today I decided that I would plan on drinking one glass of water every hour while I was at work. And it worked like a charm. That way, I KNOW I get at least the minimum of 8 glasses, plus whatever I drink while I am at home. One glass of water an hour is also ridiculously easy to do and remember, rather than chugging water bottles till I can't hold any more to make up for forgetting. I also felt full all day because there was always water in my stomach.
    Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • ARGHHH! I hope everyones day is going better than mine..Its day 4 now of phase 1 and i thought day 3 was supposed to be the hump day..but its not..intstead its today..Im starving it feels like..Ive already downed 2 and half litres of water..aka..10 cups and im still hungry..and im just irritable..plain ol iritable..and its like "grrrrrr"..I thought yesterday i would be over it and then it was smooth sailing here on in..but sadly no..

Luckily i jumped on my scale and it provided a pound of encouragement today..soo..onward and upward..
  • Weigh in day today. I am down another 2.6 pounds. It feels so great. I am slowly getting close to ONDERLAND. I am hoping in the next couple of weeks to be there.

I have spent all day at work today with the news on from Minot, ND. I am originally from the area and my heart goes out to all of the flood victims. For those of you in Canada how is the flooding up there?

Congratulations to everyone on the SV's this week.
  • Hey everyone,

I haven't been on in a bit, it's wonderful to see some newbies on here! Ugh, this has been challenging....I feel like I am losing weight slower than most. I have to say I feel good, my clothes fit loose, I just wish for higher loses. I don't know if I need to change what I am eating or what?! I drink a minimum of 14 cups of water a day and I have had 3 cheats (twice with an alcoholic bev and once with a too bog of a bit of stuffing!!!!). So anyways, I am moving forward, because I will get there...eventually.
    Have a great weekend everyone
  • I had a horrible lethargic day yesterday. It was very stressful at work and I felt totally drained all day. Fell asleep around 6 and slept till 9 the next day. Then today I had the worst headache I have ever had and felt nauseaus right before lunch. Then inorder to have something in my stomach I had a handful of almonds. I feel awful but felt better and didnt feel like I needed to throw up. My headache also went away. Now I have to start all over again to get into ketosis
  • Quote: I agree totally with Susie Bee! I started IP in Jan and lost 23 lbs..I got bored, went on vacation started slipping a little...then fell completely off! Wished I had 'Phased" out. If you want to a break..go for it! But I would suggest going through Phases...and then hit it hard again when you are ready!! Good luck!
    Well I did my weigh-in today and only lost .6 lbs. Sad. They have me phasing out till before we leave town and have me stocked up to go hard when I return. I hope the break gives me the motivation to continue when we get home! I am nervous to start eating food again! I want to enjoy our vacation but I don't want to gain what I worked to hard to loose either.
  • Is anybdy else really hormonal on this diet? I feel like I did throughout my pregnancy! One minute I am happy, the next I am so short tempered and then I could be crying! Makes life interesting with a 2 year old in the house that is for sure!
  • Quote: Is anybdy else really hormonal on this diet? I feel like I did throughout my pregnancy! One minute I am happy, the next I am so short tempered and then I could be crying! Makes life interesting with a 2 year old in the house that is for sure!
    Well, I don't exactly have mood swings BUT I've been really irritable. I used to think it was "amusing" that my mother and husband both get really irritable if they don't get their meals on time. I never used to be like that! Missing meals or eating late was never an issue for me, now I just become a "little monster", just like them hehe. I identified the issue after a few petty arguments with my husband.