IP Daily Chat- Tuesday, June 14

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
    been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
    AND
    posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
    When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
    for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:IP Daily Chat- Monday, June 13
  • Good Morning everyone...what a great day....Sunday I went Zip Lining...wow it was sooo much fun...We did 8 different lines up by San Marcos...it was great...I have a bucket list and it was on it...Since I lost my weight my life is richer and fuller...My Motto at my new Clinic is :It Starts Today Learn To Live". For years I was held back by my body and weight and now I feel so alive and happy...
    Learn to Love yourself and Laugh...You are so very worth it...

My wisdom for the day...

:
    carrot:
  • If any one is in the San Antonio Area Looking for a Clinic Mine is now open...
    Or if your Passing thru..give me a call...
    Ideal Weight Loss Of San Antonio...

Barb
  • Quote: Good Morning everyone...what a great day....Sunday I went Zip Lining...wow it was sooo much fun...We did 8 different lines up by San Marcos...it was great...I have a bucket list and it was on it...Since I lost my weight my life is richer and fuller...My Motto at my new Clinic is :It Starts Today Learn To Live". For years I was held back by my body and weight and now I feel so alive and happy...

My wisdom for the day...

:
    carrot:
    Your enthusiasm is just what I needed to start the day - thank you! Good luck with the new clinic!
  • Happy Tuesday everyone!
    Make today count! You can do it!

I have my final weigh in later today but I've been on Phase III since Saturday, so I know that my weight is up a teeny bit as I've been struggling to achieve the right balance with breakfast. I wish it were more "black & white" like the previous phases ...even though I spent part of them yearning for shades of gray! Isn't it always that way though!

Wishing everyone a great OP day!

Quote: Good Morning everyone...what a great day....Sunday I went Zip Lining...wow it was sooo much fun...We did 8 different lines up by San Marcos...it was great...I have a bucket list and it was on it...Since I lost my weight my life is richer and fuller...My Motto at my new Clinic is :It Starts Today Learn To Live". For years I was held back by my body and weight and now I feel so alive and happy...

My wisdom for the day...

:
    carrot:
    Thank you for the inspiration!
  • Quote: If any one is in the San Antonio Area Looking for a Clinic Mine is now open...
    Or if your Passing thru..give me a call...
    Ideal Weight Loss Of San Antonio...

Barb
    Congrats! The people from you area are so lucky to have you for a coach!

Quote: Happy Tuesday everyone!

I have my final weigh in later today but I've been on Phase III since Saturday, so I know that my weight is up a teeny bit as I've been struggling to achieve the right balance with breakfast. I wish it were more "black & white" like the previous phases ...even though I spent part of them yearning for shades of gray! Isn't it always that way though!

Congrats! Please keep posting about your experience with the transition to phase 3/4. I'd love to hear how you make it work for you!

Happy Tuesday! I'm tuckered out today- the dog woke me up extra early in a desperate need to get outside. 5 hours of sleep is not sufficient for me!

WI day tomorrow. That keeps me extra honest today! I've had a good week, so I'm hoping the scale is kind

Every day I'm on IP I learn something new about myself. It really is a journey- not a diet. I'm working on getting my head right so that i can maintain successfully, though it will take a while yet to get to the maintenance phase. I'm still shooting for onderland! LOL

Have a fabulous day!
  • Quote: Congrats! The people from you area are so lucky to have you for a coach!

Congrats! Please keep posting about your experience with the transition to phase 3/4. I'd love to hear how you make it work for you!

Happy Tuesday! I'm tuckered out today- the dog woke me up extra early in a desperate need to get outside. 5 hours of sleep is not sufficient for me!

WI day tomorrow. That keeps me extra honest today! I've had a good week, so I'm hoping the scale is kind

Every day I'm on IP I learn something new about myself. It really is a journey- not a diet. I'm working on getting my head right so that i can maintain successfully, though it will take a while yet to get to the maintenance phase. I'm still shooting for onderland! LOL

Have a fabulous day!
    Thank you!

It was time. Although I wasn't quite ready to phase off just yet, my body was giving me strong signals that I need a break. I do intend to do another bout of phase I in the fall, if all goes well, to rid myself of "the last 10 lbs". We'll see.

Out of respect for those who may be struggling in phase I, I will be (and have been) posting updates on this thread (Life After Phase I - the second sequel).

It really is quite a journey!

Good luck with your WI tomorrow!
  • I guess this would be an NSV - this morning I was thinking about my coworkers. They're both naturally very thin and very type-A hyperactive. Neither of them really eat meals - they just snack on stuff all day. There's always a bag of sweet things and a bag of salty snacks lying around to munch on. Yesterday I was looking at them laying there and my head was trying to tell me that I wanted one SO BAD! But then I stopped and listened to my body, and it could really care less! My sugar cravings are almost gone now and it's just my habits I need to kick in the butt!

It's an amazing feeling now to know when I am hungry and when I am not, and when I am actually hungry I'm craving a real meal, not just my next sugar fix. I never thought I would be able to change that!

Knowing this will make going to the movies tonight without a big box of candy so much easier!

Hope everyone has a great day and stay strong!
  • Quote: I guess this would be an NSV - this morning I was thinking about my coworkers. They're both naturally very thin and very type-A hyperactive. Neither of them really eat meals - they just snack on stuff all day. There's always a bag of sweet things and a bag of salty snacks lying around to munch on. Yesterday I was looking at them laying there and my head was trying to tell me that I wanted one SO BAD! But then I stopped and listened to my body, and it could really care less! My sugar cravings are almost gone now and it's just my habits I need to kick in the butt!

It's an amazing feeling now to know when I am hungry and when I am not, and when I am actually hungry I'm craving a real meal, not just my next sugar fix. I never thought I would be able to change that!

Knowing this will make going to the movies tonight without a big box of candy so much easier!

I'll say it was a rather LARGE victory!!! Congratulations! I think this does become a bit easier as time goes by. I'm so happy for you!
  • Good Morning, Everyone!
    This past weekend I had an unknown NSV. Last night I received a call from a dear friend, who knows that I've been on IP. We had both attended a workship on Saturday and one of the ladies asked her if I had lost weight. She said that I had. The lady said to her that when I stood, she could see the loss right away and that I looked wonderful. (Now.. why can't these people tell us that to our faces???) Anyway, my friend said that the woman was so happy for me and couldn't stop talking about how good I looked.

So... I'm a little shy of my 3 pounds this week, but the NSV victory makes up for it. I'm a happy camper this morning.

Now a question... do you think that I need to add an evening shake to my diet so that my metabolism doesn't drop so low at night? I think since I've switched lunch and dinner, I'm being slowed down a bit at night. Does anyone have any opinion on this?
  • Good morning all.... Well I made it through my first 2 days and on day 3 now. It is hard for me not to eat everything insite, lol But I am doing better today.

One question....When eating breakfast do you only eat your packet or do you add anything like eggs or anything? I am just usualy still real hungry in the morning.

Its pouring here in Illinois so its a gloomy day!~
    Hope everyones day is great!!
  • Quote: Good Morning, Everyone!
    This past weekend I had an unknown NSV. Last night I received a call from a dear friend, who knows that I've been on IP. We had both attended a workship on Saturday and one of the ladies asked her if I had lost weight. She said that I had. The lady said to her that when I stood, she could see the loss right away and that I looked wonderful. (Now.. why can't these people tell us that to our faces???) Anyway, my friend said that the woman was so happy for me and couldn't stop talking about how good I looked.

So... I'm a little shy of my 3 pounds this week, but the NSV victory makes up for it. I'm a happy camper this morning.

Now a question... do you think that I need to add an evening shake to my diet so that my metabolism doesn't drop so low at night? I think since I've switched lunch and dinner, I'm being slowed down a bit at night. Does anyone have any opinion on this?
    3 pounds
    Never understand why people can't say nice things to your face but most don't have a problem with not nice things....humans are strange!

I eat supper really late so I have a RTD around 3 or 4, which keeps me from being a crabby girl in the afternoon. Having that protein before you sleep is a good thing plus it keeps your body from slowing down too much, try it see if you see a difference.
  • Quote: I guess this would be an NSV - this morning I was thinking about my coworkers. They're both naturally very thin and very type-A hyperactive. Neither of them really eat meals - they just snack on stuff all day. There's always a bag of sweet things and a bag of salty snacks lying around to munch on. Yesterday I was looking at them laying there and my head was trying to tell me that I wanted one SO BAD! But then I stopped and listened to my body, and it could really care less! My sugar cravings are almost gone now and it's just my habits I need to kick in the butt!

That is so incredibly HUGE! Congratulations on reaching this stage! This will turn everything around for you and change your attitude towards food, helping you to achieve lifetime success.

You can bring a restricted snack to the movies as a treat (SW cheese curls, ridges or a bar and a bottle of water if you can sneak it in).

Quote: Good Morning, Everyone!

It is so wonderful when other people start to notice! This is when it really starts feeling good.

Some people are reluctant to comment for fear of being wrong and hurting the person (or being rude) or in case the weight loss is due to depression or illness... Now that she "cleared it" with your friend, she may be more comfortable to speak to you directly next time! I am sure more compliments are coming soon! Enjoy! The motivation from that can help bring you a long way!

I'm not sure what you mean by "adding" an evening shake? Do you already have an evening snack? Did you switch your evening snack with something else? The protocol sheet does call for an evening snack... My evening snack of choice still is the chocolate RTD drink box!

Quote: Good morning all.... Well I made it through my first 2 days and on day 3 now. It is hard for me not to eat everything insite, lol But I am doing better today.

One question....When eating breakfast do you only eat your packet or do you add anything like eggs or anything? I am just usualy still real hungry in the morning.

Its pouring here in Illinois so its a gloomy day!~
    Hope everyones day is great!!
    Congratulations for making it this far!

There are differing opinions about whether you should eat more or not. The protocol says "no".

However, my Coach told me, right from the very start, that it was important not to feel hungry and she suggested that keep the following foods handy to snack on if I was hungry: hard-boiled eggs (whites only), cooked ham (low sodium, no sugar), celery sticks, dill pickles (no sugar added). Some people do an extra packet per day. I think any of these should only be one if really needed and only if your Coach permits it.

I used to snack between lunch and dinner (late afternoons) as that was when hunger struck me but I eventually discovered that adding egg whites to my breakfast eliminated that afternoon hunger and when I did feel it, I would have a coffee instead of food at that time and it worked for me.

When hungry, try having a hot beverage first (teas are best and hot works better than cold for fighting hunger) and if you are still hungry, you can decide if you want/need a snack afterwards.
  • Quote: Good Morning everyone...what a great day....Sunday I went Zip Lining...wow it was sooo much fun...We did 8 different lines up by San Marcos...it was great...I have a bucket list and it was on it...Since I lost my weight my life is richer and fuller...My Motto at my new Clinic is :It Starts Today Learn To Live". For years I was held back by my body and weight and now I feel so alive and happy...

My wisdom for the day...

:
    carrot:
    I LOVE zip lining, I did it last year on Vancouver Island in February (they usually aren't open in the winter, but because of the Olympics they were) It was so much fun, the first step off the ledge was heart stopping but so much fun after that. Will have to try again now that I am thinner.
    Congrats on your opening and that is a great motto...

Quote: Happy Tuesday everyone!

Thank you for the inspiration!
    Congrats Susie, you are going to do great on maintenance.

Quote: I guess this would be an NSV - this morning I was thinking about my coworkers. They're both naturally very thin and very type-A hyperactive. Neither of them really eat meals - they just snack on stuff all day. There's always a bag of sweet things and a bag of salty snacks lying around to munch on. Yesterday I was looking at them laying there and my head was trying to tell me that I wanted one SO BAD! But then I stopped and listened to my body, and it could really care less! My sugar cravings are almost gone now and it's just my habits I need to kick in the butt!

That is great, so for the movies take some sliced peppers or one of your snacks. Have a great movie night.

WI #17 yesterday, I have a pattern 1 good week lose 2 not so good, I am on my not so good weeks but it was still 1.5 so I am happy. We added up all my inches lost last night and it is over 30... almost 3 feet... 9 1/2 off my chest alone... Today it is raining so hoping to not have to go to agility out in the rain tonight. Hopefully it will be cancelled otherwise I will be playing in rain and mud tonight with my dog. Got to go another busy week for me. Cograts to all for your NSV and SV keep up the good work. And to you NEWBIES and this plan works if you let it. Have a good one.
  • Good morning everyone,

I'm on day 4 of IP and finding it getting easier now, but the nauseau in the morning isn't going away, I think I've found the problem though - I've been taking my vitamins and supplements in the morning on an empty stomach!!

I'm going for my first WI later today as my coach will be going on vacation for a few weeks and she wanted me to get in and get some more food before she went..I'm kind of nervous, I don't feel like I've lost a pound..