Dizzyness? :(

• For some reason, for the past few days, I have been having dizzy spells. I have never had them before! Randomly it will come and hit me. It feels like when you get up to fast, that moment of dizziness.

I don't know what causing it. Maybe a lack of calories in my diet?
    Iv been eating around 1200 a day and plenty of water! I have no clue why this is happening or what is causing it!

If anyone has had this happen to them please speak up! I wanna fix this!
    Thank you!!
  • The first few things I could think of were a) Not enough water. b) Not enough food. c) Too much exertion.

Maybe 1,200 calories isn't quite enough for your body right now. Or maybe you're pushing yourself too hard too soon with certain exercises. I might try adding in more food for a couple days, and taking it easier on movement to see if that changes anything.
  • Some peoples bodies salt levels will deplete and this can cause dizziness, especially upon standing or raising your hands above your head as in stretching. If thats the case, the more water you drink the faster your salt can be washed away, also you can feel tired or not sleep well and have a low bp. Try adding some Gatorade G2 (low-cal) in your daily routine to see if that takes care of it. If not def see your doc.
  • Lovely- I am going to the gym twice a day, so it is possible that I might be over working too soon. Thanks for the advice!

keystonemama- My trainer did say that she thinks im holding water (my left leg looked a bit bigger than my right) so I will get some G2 to help! Thank you!!
  • Ya...1200 cals for your size is way low. If you are exercising, then such a low calorie level makes it even worse. It stresses the body out...and so the body responds by holding on to fat and eventually breaking down. I'd recommend 1500 cals as a starting point. Feel better.
  • I told my trainer that im at 1200 a day, and she was like WHAT?! haha She wants me at 1500 when I work out, and 1200 when I don't. Dang it, now I have to change my menu plans! *Grumbles*
  • Quote: I told my trainer that im at 1200 a day, and she was like WHAT?! haha She wants me at 1500 when I work out, and 1200 when I don't. Dang it, now I have to change my menu plans! *Grumbles*
    Not really. Just add a few highfat items to compensate. Natural peanut butter, avocado, nuts,an extra portion of meat/chicken or fish at dinner. An extra serving of veggies. More fruit or cheese.

Also check with a doctor so it is not very serious. I was having dizzy spells for about a year and found out in the end it was caused my mold growing in my basement. I moved and am fine now.