Daily Calorie Accountability Thread [#3]

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to
  • Intermittent fasting day. I did have breakfast so I could go work outside for a while (mowing, weeding, tilling)
    B- 4 graham crackers with PB (500) So it won't be a complete fast day. But I knew I would never get my work done AND get my exercise in without a little something.

Now I am off to the pool to cool off and get gentle exercise. The rest of the day is a water day, both inside me and out

Ding dang rain storm! Thundered so everyone had to get out of the pool. I'd only been in for about an hour

I ran a mile at 6pmh (yay me!) and walked another at 3.5 to get in my exercise.
  • If anyone wants a fabulous full body workout, try tilling up your yard! Holy cats I can feel it in every part of my being! I finished the first pass on the yard with the tiller this morning and early afternoon. Two more times should finish the work. It might finish me too

B- bowl of grapefruit slices and 1 whole wheat banana pancake with 1/2 tbl PB spread on it (300? I have no idea)
    L- roast beef on whole wheat with laughing cow light blue cheese spread, tomatoes, and baby greens (350)
    D- turkey burger with light swiss (no bun) (220)
    S- embarassing to admit, but I had cookie dough. (probably 600-800 calories)

total 1600 or so
  • Today was my 1,200 day! Yay

Breakfast porridge with no milk -100
    Protein shake with water-100
    1 areo yoghurt-100

Lunch= Porridge with some milk and cereal -100 ish
    Qourn ham-100

1 Apple

For some reason i made up some cereal and decided to have some tablespoons
    I also picked at some of the fresh roles and added some butter (bad cheryl) Its one of my weakness.

Dinner
    1 block of tofu made with spray oil
    150g noodles made with spray oil (500 for the lot)

1 can of pepsi max

2 pieces of lindt chocolate-100
    2 peppers cut up -100

Today i didnt bother going to the gym because i wasn't bothered, it wasn't out of lazyness, i was just exhausted. I will be cycling to work and i will be going to the gym tomorrow anyway.

Last night i had my date and wound up somewhere around the 700 cal mark. Not too bad, since i can't really expect to eat nothing.

This week has been my first real attempt at my diet in a very long time. It has worked wonders. I found that i didn't miss drinking. I found myself eating better and the way i used to.

You see i had lost a good bit of weight before, its just that for the month of feburary my gym had no scales! A really stupid idea me thinks, a gym having no scales. Yet i digress i learnt that the key to mainteance last summer at least was constant monitoring and planning. This planning has served me well.

Nutritional high points of the week were probably the days i managed to eat high protein and lots of fruit and veg. The low point was my 1400 cal day wed. On Wed i have karate and need something for energy. Last Wed i ate a lot of white pasta i wound up feeling sleepy and slightly giddy. I hope to avoid it this week. So all in all , week 1 went great. I look forward to week 2
  • I'm not on calorie counting yet - I'll get there - but for now it's just portion control for me, I hope I can write here

B (7:15AM) : a glass of grapefruit juice, two slices of bread with margarine and apricot jam

(I'll be editing the post troughout the day)
  • Whew I had a few big meals over the weekend...

B: 1 boiled egg, 1 slice wheat bread, 1 cup coffee with 1/4c skim milk
    S: 1 laughing cow light cheese
    L: Leftover baked rigatoni, 1 apple
    S: Peach
    D: 1 cup white rice, 2oz beef with sauce, 1c broccoli
    S: 1 slice wheat bread, 1 laughing cow light

I want to UP my fiber and lower my carbs over the next couple of days to adjust for the weekend of high carbs and high meat

Total Calories: 1,485 Fat: 33.3 Carbs: 199.4 Protein: 56.5 Fiber:21.4
  • Slept in this morning. Waaaaay in I hurt when I got up so I took ibuprofen and went back to bed. I'm going to have a "brunch" as a result.

B/L- 1 slice whole wheat bread with 1tbl pb and a glass of chocolate milk (310)
    S- 2oz mashed avocado and 1 serving whole grain pita chips (230)
    E- 2 mile run (22 minutes!)
    S- 2 low fat string cheese (100)
    E- digging the edge of my repair area square and tilling
    D- pasta with marinara and meatballs and a salad (600)
    S-bowl of kashi go lean with blueberries and milk (240)

• Today was a very boring day. I slept it out and missed work as a result. I drove to the gym instead of walking. The reason being, i have to practice my driving and i really have come down with a case of the "I'm not bothereds".

I did however do 45 mins cross trainer, 15 mins running and 15 mins hand bike. I walked home.
    So without further ado, my food diary!!

Porridge with a small bit of milk -100
    1 areo yoghurt-100
    4 cracottes -100
    1 qourn Ham-100
    1 protein shake-100
    1 low fat yoghurt-100

I also had some sprouts and an apple.

1 500ml bottle of pepsi max

2 cups of tea

Initially i was aiming for 500 calories. However i got a little bit too hungry. Right now my main focus is just on not eating anything but my calories for the day. As i am in a bit of a funk right now, its hard to get the motivation to go out. Yet i know if i can work hard this week and keep my cals down then i should be forever back on track.
  • B: 1 boiled egg, 1 slice wheat bread, 2c coffee with 1/4c 2% milk
    S: 1 serving low sugar oatmeal
    L: 1c white rice, 4oz ground turkey
    S: 1 apple, 1oz parrano cheese
    D: 2 serving shirataki noodles stirfried with 1c broccoli, 2oz ground turkey
    S: 1 slice wheat bread, 1 oz cheese, 1 peach

Total calories: 1,414 Fat: 38.9 carbs: 168.6 protein: 105.6 fiber:27.5
  • B- half a cantaloupe (110)
    E- 30 minutes high intensity program on treadmill
    E- 3 sets of 15 reps on upper body lifts and 5 minutes of walking lunges with 10lbs of weight
    L- 2 ham and cream cheese rollups, 1/2 cantaloupe and 1/2 cup blueberries (320)
    E- walked to the pool and swam for 1 hour
    D- oatmeal with PB, raisins and milk (580)
    S- 2 servings broccoli with melted light swiss (140)
    S- whole grain pita chips and hummus (200)

Total= 1350
  • B(243): coffee w/2T. half & half, thomas's light english muffin w/2t. butter and 1T. blood orange jam

L(425): 100 cal whole wheat tortilla, 2 eggs, 2oz. honey ham, 1 slice cheddar, 1T. ketchup

S(232): 4oz. plain greek yogurt, 1/2c. blueberries, 1T. agave, hot tea

D(305): 1/2c. cooked brown rice, 1/2pkg. madras lentils, 2c. steamed broccoli, sugar free jello pudding cup, hot tea x2

S(146.5): 2T. hummus, 1/4 each sweet red pepper, sweet yellow pepper, 1 whole carrot, 1/2c. sliced cucumbers, 5 cherry tomatoes, hot tea

Total: 1353
  • Feeling horrendously MEH right now. I dont mind the fact that the only thing i want to do is sit around and do nothing this week. By sitting at home doing nothing it means i have to face the "eating when bored demon". This is something that unless you can actually control and not let it control you dieting is pointless.

Today:
    Porridge with milk and sugar, there was no sweetener (Bold cheryl!!!)-100 ish
    Protein shake with water and perhaps milk (I nearly wasn't going to have this so the fact i did have it im happy about it)-100

Areo yoghurt-100

1 cup of tea
    1 sugar free red bull
    1/2 cup of tea
    4 pieces of sugar free chewing gum
    1 apple

1 pack of qourn ham-100 cals
    4 cracottes-100 cals

100g rice-120 cals
    tofu-350 cals
    Picked at some bread when bored

2 tea spoons of salsa
    Cup of tea with sweetener
    total 1000 ish

Tomorrow is my 1400 day but a very busy one too!! I am also in a really not bothered mood. I think i will just try and stick to my plan. I have devised a back up lunch should i need to come up with such a thing.

I am slowly turning off overly caffinated beverages, honestly they are starting to disgust me =/. By doing this food diary every day i am aware that my diet really isn't very healthy at all...
  • Still feeling the "hangover" from a migraine yesterday. Ugh. The meds made me oversleep too. Hopefully I can rescue this day from its bad start.

B- non fat greek yogurt with blueberries, strawberries and lemon curd (250)
    E- 40 minutes medium intensity trainer program on treadmill followed by half mile walking at 3.5mph and resistance band workout lower body
    L- 2 chicken and cream cheese rollups and a cup of fresh pineapple (300)
    E- went bowling with the family- hardly strenuous but I'm counting it anyway
    S- 2 light string cheese (100)
    D- salad with baby greens, ham, light swiss, avocado and caesar vinegarette (300)
    S- 1/2 a cantaloupe (110)
    S- popcorn (120)

total= 1180
  • Greetings my plump friends. Stepped on the scales and still not even close to 70kg! My clothes are however fitting better and i can visibly see the weight loss, so hurray for that.

Without further ado!

Breakfast
    Porridge with some milk and water-100ish
    50grams bran flakes (i meant to have 40), also had milk and water -120
    1 areo yoghurt-100 (320)

Lunch
    300 calories worth of lindt sea salt chocolate (A nsv)
    Some salad
    1 five hour energy shot
    Vitamin hit water (NSV)
    Picked at 2 bars (NSV) (300)
    When out
    2 x cans of vegetable juice (amounted to 4 of my 5 a day, yay!)-130 calories!
    1 protein shake-200 calories
    1 packet of popcorn-135 calories
    A diet coke (Only drank half)
    3 cups of tea
    2 yoghurts -200 calories (665)

Total- 1400 calories

Exercise- 20 mins cross trainer
    7 mins jogging , 7 mins stepper, 15 mins arm bike, 25 mins bike
    Walking around town.

Wow i am shocked at this! My original plan was to have the entire bar of chocolate for lunch today, which would have been 510 calories and 46 grams of fat. I decided instead to only have 300 calories worth and to have some salad (mostly lettuce) and a vitamin drink instead. I also had a non scale victory in that i didn't pick at the rest of the chocolate bar. I just threw out what i wasn't going to eat and just ate my portion.

This is also the second Wednesday that i haven't broken my diet horrendously, woo-hoo!!

I have also discovered this amazing thing called V8 vegetable juice, you get a 330ml can for 65 calories which has 2 of your 5 a day. So i will now replace the innocent smoothies with this wherever possible, that is for sure.

One thing i do need to work on however is the damm milk in the mornings. I should also cut down on the amount of caffeine i drink as looking at my food diaries i am aware that i am eating faarr too much.

Anyway compared to every other Wednesday and last Wednesday where i had that horrible carb crash, it was a rather nice high calorie day, which i enjoyed.
  • Hey chicks! Sounds like everyone is doing good!
    I've been on vacation visiting family so I really was completely busy so haven't posted lately. But Now I am back and I actually lost 5 pounds on vacation! It must of been all the exercise. I had daily hikes and went swimming everyday. Was so fun! Swimming is the only exercise that never gets boring and doesn't even feel like an exercise to me!

7/27

B: coconut PB wrap, vanilla tea w/ cream [385]
    L: tofu, mushrooms, bean thread noodles, apple [337]
    S: tea w/ cream [35]
    D: BBQ chicken, potato w/ salsa, broccoli [330]
    S: hard candy [60]
    S: slice rye bread w/ laughing cow wedge, Clementine [170]

Total [1317]
  • Sore today so I am trying to decide if I should take a day off from working out. It would be the first since June 6th! So maybe I am due, but I worry about developing a slacker mentality so.... we'll see

B- GNC lean 25 shake with banana (300)
    L- serving of Kashi TLC crackers, 2 wedges LC light, 1/2 a cantaloupe (300)
    S- 2 string cheese and whole grain pita chips (300)
    E- 1 hr walking 3.5 mph on treadmill.... I'm having a slacker day
    E- added a half mile run at 5mph to the end of my 3.5 mile walk on the treadmill. Was feeling frisky
    D- 1 cup cooked pasta with marinara and low fat provolone (400?)

1300 (?)