Question

• So my scale at home in my bathroom on tile floor, and my wii both weigh me about the same, but the medical scale at the gym says im 14 lbs heavier. If it was only a few pounds different i wouldnt mind, but 14 lbs?! Any suggestions, or any input ?
  • Were you wearing the same clothes? or naked in all cases? Was it the same time of day? Those are first things.

Next is that you might want to have other people try it out too on their scales at home compared to the scales at the gym - ask around.
  • Did you weigh in at the exact same time of day when you weighed in at the gym? Did you have the same clothing on? Had you eaten anything yet?

All of these factors can change a weigh in by a lot.
  • Sorry for repeating you Berry, I posted at like the same time
  • Doesn't matter. You are tracking the CHANGE in weight. You could start a wonky scale that 50 lbs off, but the point is that it is moving on down.

Just pick one of all those to be the official one, and go with that.

Shoot, my scale at my house weighs different upstairs than it does downstairs! So just pick the time, scale, spot and do it the same each time and be patient.

GL!

A.
  • I'm with the others, sounds like a problem with clothes. I'm assuming more clothes at the gym. But unless you're working out in furs 14 lbs is still a lot. So 1 of those scales is wrong. My advice is to pick 1 scale and go by that number. My scale is so sucky that I have to make sure it's in the exact same spot or I get a different number!
  • My Wii makes me heavier than my bathroom scale too. I agree with astrophe. As long as it's going down, that's all that matters.
  • Thanks everyone for the replies. I weighed my self in at the gym an hour after i did at home, tank top, sports bra, shorts, and shoes. I didnt eat in between the weighins either. Id have to say youre right though. Thats exactly why i get un motivated, i focus on the scale rather than the difference i feel. So thank you to the ladies who checked me right there.
  • I try not to weigh on any scale but mine...although I do weigh on my Mom's occasionally but only because it's the exact same make and model scale. But as everyone else has said ...as long as the weight is going down...
  • I would suggest not even focusing on the difference in weight. Although weight loss is a good data point over time lets face it that isn't why any of us are doing this. We want to look and feel good.

Take pictures

Take measurements

Do these things every month