Rollin' Out Of The 120s!

You're on Page 35 of 35
Go to
  • Wedeburn - Congrats on making it to the teens! That is super exciting.

Thank you very much for your kind words. To be honest, the perseverence comes from one sentence: Do I want to be fat or do I want to be hungry? That's just me being brutally honest with myself. I'm hungry most of the time, but I've just gotten used to it. It reminds me of that Alcoholics Anonymous saying about "accepting what you cannot change." I cannot change the fact that, unless I want to exercise my brains out, I'm going to be hungry if I want to be slim, and that's probably going to be true the rest of my life.

Skittles: At the rate you're going, I predict you will get what you want!

Dynxagain: I can't imagine someone setting a tray of goodies in front of me right now. It would take all my strength to say "no," and continue to enjoy my hibiscus tea. We pretty much keep junk out of the house, though I have taken to buying cereals, mostly healthy. But for Valentine's, I treated my self to some cereal with chocolate in it (Rocky Mountain something or other)!

My gut - and thighs - are probably going to be the last things to go, too. Especially when I'm sitting at the computer, well, not to get graphic, but I can get a couple of handfuls of belly, at least.

Kifli, the only way my stomach appears flat is if I lay on the bed (when I go to bed) and wait eight hours! For some reason, when I go to bed, I'm all bloaty, but when I wake up, it seems to be gone...
  • Hello everyone. I joined a new gym and am back working out again as well hoping to get to my goal quicker now. Yes Hungerwerks, slow is certainly going to get me there. I wish it was quicker. I has my physical today and have more blood work to do so hopefully everything else is good. It is great to find this link. I can't imagine going under 115. I think that would be perfect of me. The challenge will be trying to stay there. One goal at a time.
  • Quote: Hello everyone. I joined a new gym and am back working out again as well hoping to get to my goal quicker now. Yes Hungerwerks, slow is certainly going to get me there. I wish it was quicker. I has my physical today and have more blood work to do so hopefully everything else is good. It is great to find this link. I can't imagine going under 115. I think that would be perfect of me. The challenge will be trying to stay there. One goal at a time.
    Way to go, joining a gym! That's a good signal to yourself that you are very serious about your goals. I know you'll have fun there.

As far as the slowness goes, the importance of patience with ourselves is becoming clearer to me. And I'm not a doctor, but I think, at "featherweight," slower is better, as it gives our skin a chance to, if you'll excuse the expression, "pick up the slack."
  • I joined a gym two years ago, and this old guy (Actually around my age) would yell all the way across the gym "Is that all you're going to do?" I just stopped going there. I only went there to use the tread mill. Then I had a just out of his teens "trainer" who wanted me to do all kinds of machines and etc. There was no way I could even try to do all that. I do live in the country. So I don't think he had much training, in physical therapy.

I was going to buy a tread mill for the house, but they really need a lot of room and I don't have enough muscle to fold it up at all. I started to march in place while watching TV.
  • Quote: wed-Try to think of wearing the jog suits as an unveiling for your weight loss this spring or summer. I sometimes add long john's under them. Wow, 119 OMG you're in the teens. Looks like you're going to make it, to 118.

Hun-I hate lettuce Ugh! I do like celery, green beans, broccoli, radish, and tomato. A lot of these veggies are recent likes. I used to hate all veggies.
    Skittle-127.8 definition will come just keep working at it.
    Blondi-My X used to buy goodies I loved and leave them out on the counter where I got my AM coffee. Now I live alone and it IS so much easier.

Kifli-I lose weight strangely too. I just lost in the back of my waistline. As I get nearer to goal weight my waistline starts dropping downward. At the end it finally gets smaller.

The last thing to go is my big fat belly. It does get smaller but it is always the biggest part of me.
    Leaving goodies on the counter! So bad. Trying to sabotage your efforts. My BF just has lots of good food around that I just won't let myself eat. He has popcorn at night, which I loveeee and just pretend I don't notice and don't. When he has wine, again a hard one to resist, I have my mineral water in a wine glass instead. Dieting is really hard when you other half isn't doing it.
  • Quote: I joined a gym two years ago, and this old guy (Actually around my age) would yell all the way across the gym "Is that all you're going to do?" I just stopped going there. I only went there to use the tread mill. Then I had a just out of his teens "trainer" who wanted me to do all kinds of machines and etc. There was no way I could even try to do all that. I do live in the country. So I don't think he had much training, in physical therapy.

I was going to buy a tread mill for the house, but they really need a lot of room and I don't have enough muscle to fold it up at all. I started to march in place while watching TV.
    What a weird experience at the gym! I'm sorry that happened. Wonder if he was a little crazy?

I mainly exercise at home, and one thing I like is "Dance Dance Revolution." It's fun and easy - at the beginner levels - and is based on a playing console, like a PlayStation or a Wii, and a simple mat.

Here's a link, if you want to check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dance_Dance_Revolution

Don't worry, the picture they show at that link is the type of DDR that's in an arcade.

You might also like Wii Fit, which requires a Wii console. Here's a link that explains Wii Fit, and what you also need is a little step that may come with the program: http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Fit-Game-B...ywords=wii+fit

There is a newer version, so, if you're interested, be sure and check that out.

I thought I remembered you saying you like to dance...?
  • Quote: Leaving goodies on the counter! So bad. Trying to sabotage your efforts. My BF just has lots of good food around that I just won't let myself eat. He has popcorn at night, which I loveeee and just pretend I don't notice and don't. When he has wine, again a hard one to resist, I have my mineral water in a wine glass instead. Dieting is really hard when you other half isn't doing it.
    Our main problem is that our eating times don't always coincide, so he'll be eating when I'm not, and vice versa. Ack!

I am this minute going to put my hibiscus tea is a snowflake-covered "wine glass" (our only one, lol - might be a goblet, not sure of the difference, if any) we got this Christmas! What a good idea - thanks.
  • Oops . . . This thread has exceeded the maximum of 500 posts.

Would some kind soul start the new thread?
  • So happy this morning!
    weighed in at 117.6
    yesterday my boyfriend noticed for the first time----I have not been discussing any of my journey with him since he lost his physical attraction towards me once I hit around 130 and stayed there for over 2 years.

How is everyone else doing?
  • The thread continues:

Rolling Out of the 120s! (2015)