IP Daily Chat- Tuesday, June 7

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
    been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
    AND
    posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
    When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
    for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat: June 6 2011

Trying hard not to weight every morning but had to see if I was able to at least maintain for the day with going out. Imagine my surprise when the scale showed 2lbs less this morning. WHAT??

Those 2lbs made staying OP so worth it!

Everyone have a wonderful fabulous day, remember to do something good for yourself....you deserve it
  • Quote: Could definitely be hormones but also want to make sure your not taking your medication anytime near your supplements as the calcium for instance affects absorption.
    Continuation from yesterday: Thanks Losing, that's a good point. I usually take my depression meds in the morning so no calcium tablets at the same time, but there is the potassium-calcium tablet at that time.

I'm going to google some depression/IP stuff later today, and I'll be keeping track of when I'm having a hard time. Hopefully it's just those wonderful hormones.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
  • Well I had my WI #6 last night and let me remind you it was 2 days earlier than I usually go. I usually go on wednesday nights but my coach didn't have any bookings left for that day so I had to do monday. Only down 0.8 lbs and 3.25 inches. ( I was not pleased. Was kinda depressed about the whole thing. I have 2 coaches. The coach that started it all is overwhelmed with the amount of people who have joined and has asked for the help of another person. So I usually alternate between the 2 of them. I've made a decision last night to have the 4th packet a day instead of only 3. I was really hoping for a bigger lost last night and with only 0.8 lbs, that wasn't enough for me. Plus I've only been averaging 2-3 lbs a week. I'm hoping for bigger numbers. I haven't cheated once and I've been OP, just don't know why it's not coming off faster. Plus I went on the scale this morning and I'm UP 2 lbs. WTH!!! So let's just say I'm a little depressed about the whole thing. ( Plus my legs have been hurting all morning, don't know why!
  • I went and played a poker tourney last night. 2 hours in, I got shaky..and it dawned on me, I hadn't eaten any protein in like 5 hours
    So glad I threw a protein bar in my pocket!!

I was amazed at how fast I went from fine to...Not fine!
  • Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am feeling a little better today but still very tired... I am wearing my reading glasses to work today (which I should always but never do). Anything to keep me from feeling dizzy and having more nausea.

I am back with you on IP today... I had an IP lemon bar when I woke up and a vanilla RTD when I got to work. My husband wants me to eat more today. He is concerned. I brought a big saald and a can of tuna (with WF Thousand Island Dressing) to work today. I have a ready-made pudding in my desk drawer if needed in the afternoon. Not sure what supper will be... I defrosted pork chops but I may have a packet.

I will discuss what to do next with my Coach at my WI tomorrow. I really want to keep on going to 137 lbs but I'm not sure my body can take any more... I hope it can! Maybe it's my thyroid medication that is too high now that I've lost some weight and now that I am taking it at night? ...or I may have just overdone it with the party and all.

Quote: Had a big NSV last night!! Went to supper at my favorite resturant and stayed 100% OP

Trying hard not to weight every morning but had to see if I was able to at least maintain for the day with going out. Imagine my surprise when the scale showed 2lbs less this morning. WHAT??

Everyone have a wonderful fabulous day, remember to do something good for yourself....you deserve it

Way to go! You certainly did the right thing and it's nice that you got an instant reward for doing so! If only it could be that easy all of the time!

Quote: Well I had my WI #6 last night and let me remind you it was 2 days earlier than I usually go. I usually go on wednesday nights but my coach didn't have any bookings left for that day so I had to do monday. Only down 0.8 lbs and 3.25 inches. ( I was not pleased. Was kinda depressed about the whole thing. I have 2 coaches. The coach that started it all is overwhelmed with the amount of people who have joined and has asked for the help of another person. So I usually alternate between the 2 of them. I've made a decision last night to have the 4th packet a day instead of only 3. I was really hoping for a bigger lost last night and with only 0.8 lbs, that wasn't enough for me. Plus I've only been averaging 2-3 lbs a week. I'm hoping for bigger numbers. I haven't cheated once and I've been OP, just don't know why it's not coming off faster. Plus I went on the scale this morning and I'm UP 2 lbs. WTH!!! So let's just say I'm a little depressed about the whole thing. ( Plus my legs have been hurting all morning, don't know why!

Hang in there! Maybe you lost inches this week? I think 2-3 lbs per week is pretty standard and pretty good. I know that that they advertise more and although that is possible for some, I don't think it is the norm.

I hope you get a visit from the "whoosh fairy" soon!
  • [QUOTE=Susie_Bee;3881580]Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am feeling a little better today but still very tired... I am wearing my reading glasses to work today (which I should always but never do). Anything to keep me from feeling dizzy and having more nausea.

I will discuss what to do next with my Coach at my WI tomorrow. I really want to keep on going to 137 lbs but I'm not sure my body can take any more... I hope it can! Maybe it's my thyroid medication that is too high now that I've lost some weight and now that I am taking it at night? ...or I may have just overdone it with the party and all.

Oh, Susie Bee... that's right! I had forgotten that you were taking Synthroid for your hypothyroidism. Yes, that may be it. According to my doctor, who is an endocrinologist, specializing in diseases of the thyroid, the amount of Synthroid prescribed is determined by your weight. It's "so much" per kilogram. I'm not offering advice here, but I'd check with your doctor regarding the amount you are now taking. Please check with your doctor. I believe with all my heart that you may be taking too much, based on your weight. BTW-- how much are you taking?
  • Quote: I went and played a poker tourney last night. 2 hours in, I got shaky..and it dawned on me, I hadn't eaten any protein in like 5 hours
    So glad I threw a protein bar in my pocket!!

I was amazed at how fast I went from fine to...Not fine!
    Soooooooooooooooooo... did you win???
  • Official Weigh In today: Week 7: -21 pounds WooooHooooo!!!!! I continue to average 3 lbs a week.

YEAH!!!

Thanks to everyone for congratulating me on my NFV yesterday. I look forward to all of you seeing less and less of me as time goes by.
  • Quote: Well I had my WI #6 last night and let me remind you it was 2 days earlier than I usually go. I usually go on wednesday nights but my coach didn't have any bookings left for that day so I had to do monday. Only down 0.8 lbs and 3.25 inches. ( I was not pleased. Was kinda depressed about the whole thing. I have 2 coaches. The coach that started it all is overwhelmed with the amount of people who have joined and has asked for the help of another person. So I usually alternate between the 2 of them. I've made a decision last night to have the 4th packet a day instead of only 3. I was really hoping for a bigger lost last night and with only 0.8 lbs, that wasn't enough for me. Plus I've only been averaging 2-3 lbs a week. I'm hoping for bigger numbers. I haven't cheated once and I've been OP, just don't know why it's not coming off faster. Plus I went on the scale this morning and I'm UP 2 lbs. WTH!!! So let's just say I'm a little depressed about the whole thing. ( Plus my legs have been hurting all morning, don't know why!
    First, let's put things into perspective. Your average weight loss is commendable! Don't sell yourself short. Do you realize just how much 2-3 pounds weighs? PLUS-- this wasn't really a weekly weigh-in; it was a 5-day weigh-in. That's a BIG difference. I usually lose most of my weight during the later part of the week. Perhaps you lose weight the same way. I think if you weigh yourself tomorrow, you will see a big change.

Also-- this is the period of weight loss that everyone talks about--weeks 4-6--we seem to be at a standstill while our bodies catch up with what the heck is going on. This will pass. Aside from your legs, how do you feel, in general? Are you drinking all of your water? When I begin to feel as though I'm not losing weight quick enough, I change things around a little. I have my main meal (with real food) for lunch and then have my lunch for dinner. That seems to help me continue at pretty much the same pace. Since I take thyroid medication, I can't eat past 8pm if I want to go to bed by 10:30, so it makes it easier for me this way. I know you've got kids to cook for, etc., but perhaps you could make a meal for yourself at lunchtime and then have your lunch while the family is having dinner? Don't know if this will work for you, but you might want to think about it.

Don't be discouraged and beat yourself up over this. From what I've been reading, this happens to nearly everyone. We all know you can do it. You've proven this these past 6 weeks. This is just a little bump in the road; it will all even itself out.

Hugs to you, my friend.
  • Quote: Official Weigh In today: Week 7: -21 pounds WooooHooooo!!!!! I continue to average 3 lbs a week.

YEAH!!!

Thanks to everyone for congratulating me on my NFV yesterday. I look forward to all of you seeing less and less of me as time goes by.
    You are a ROCK STAR!! Look at you go...
  • Quote: Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am back with you on IP today... I had an IP lemon bar when I woke up and a vanilla RTD when I got to work. My husband wants me to eat more today. He is concerned. I brought a big saald and a can of tuna (with WF Thousand Island Dressing) to work today. I have a ready-made pudding in my desk drawer if needed in the afternoon. Not sure what supper will be... I defrosted pork chops but I may have a packet.

I hope you're feeling all better soon

Quote: Well I had my WI #6 last night and let me remind you it was 2 days earlier than I usually go. I usually go on wednesday nights but my coach didn't have any bookings left for that day so I had to do monday. Only down 0.8 lbs and 3.25 inches. ( I was not pleased. Was kinda depressed about the whole thing. I have 2 coaches. The coach that started it all is overwhelmed with the amount of people who have joined and has asked for the help of another person. So I usually alternate between the 2 of them. I've made a decision last night to have the 4th packet a day instead of only 3. I was really hoping for a bigger lost last night and with only 0.8 lbs, that wasn't enough for me. Plus I've only been averaging 2-3 lbs a week. I'm hoping for bigger numbers. I haven't cheated once and I've been OP, just don't know why it's not coming off faster. Plus I went on the scale this morning and I'm UP 2 lbs. WTH!!! So let's just say I'm a little depressed about the whole thing. ( Plus my legs have been hurting all morning, don't know why!

I understand your frustration, but you're doing really well! 2-3 lbs is average weekly weight loss. It's ok to be average

Quote: Had a big NSV last night!! Went to supper at my favorite resturant and stayed 100% OP

Congrats on your commitment and success!

I'm feeling better today. The ickiness is going away- though I still had to choke down breakfast this morning- I only ate half... is that bad? The extra weight I had put on is gone now (finally!). My WI day is tomorrow, and I'm not holding out hope for a big loss, but I do expect to see a loss- so I'll chalk it up to progress and carry on.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!
  • It's been a long rough week but managed to stay OP the entire despite being sick for 2 days and going to a local food truck market with friends. That is huge for me as I am a chef and love trying new foods but I steered cleared and enjoyed my bar and veggies

Week 4 official weigh-in- lost 3.8# and 4" for a 4 week total of 15.6# and 13.75"......hello skinny goodbye baby weight!! Never did I expect to see this diet work so well for me. Hoping to lose 10# by the end of June for our trip to Florida and the past dreaded bathing suit shopping!! Hope everyone has a great OP week!!
  • Had a great long weekend everyone and happy to announce that I started phase 2 yesterday I hope I can get to 125 in case I gain a few in phase 3. We are having some nice hott weather here in the CT and I think that instead of jogging, I will strictly just power walk... the extreme heat tends to bring back my old childhood excersise induced asthma... Well congrats to all the NSV's and SV's and glad you are feeling a bit better Susie B TTYL
  • I had to work this morning from the office, I have not been in and seen my co-workers since February. I received so many compliments on my new look!! People didn't necessarily comment on my 'weight', but made a point to tell me how great I looked. Not gonna lie, I might have let it get to my head a little bit, lol