'Rescue me' list for bad days.

• Jillian Michaels encourages people to have a rescue me list for those days when everthing is crappy and you just feel like eating an ice cream because it's the only thing that can cheer you.
    She mentioned stuff like manicure and spa.
    Do you guys have a rescue me list? I'd love to know what's on it so I can get some inspo for my list those days I just need some cheering up that isn't food.
  • Great idea!

For me, listening to good music and/or taking a walk
    Doing my make up actually makes me feel better
    Calling a friend or relative
    Cuddling with my huge shaggy dog
  • I hadn't heard of this idea before, but it sounds like it's worth a try!

Go for a walk
    Work out
    Play a game with my husband
    Read a good book
    Go see a movie
    Browse a bookstore
    Gaming
    Go to a wine-tasting
    Browse 3FC!
  • What I do is:
    I study
    I hear music and dance
    I go out and drink fresh juice by the beach
    I go and check out clothes in shops
    I play my accordeon
    I read a book
    or I watch some nice documentaries

BUT the thing I do most when I feel a bit peckish is excersize. I have put it in my mind that sweating is fun and it worked now after three months I love it.

When my depression strikes (this might be a bit TMI soz for that) I just throw my fiance into bed For anyone in a relationship I recomend that tactic as the best weight loss tactic ever. Hey, it is excersize too!
  • For me, I blast my music on my mp3 and go for a walk alone. Helps me out a lot
  • Quote: When my depression strikes (this might be a bit TMI soz for that) I just throw my fiance into bed For anyone in a relationship I recomend that tactic as the best weight loss tactic ever. Hey, it is excersize too!
    So true, glad you said it! I definitely thought it, but my inner filter got the better of me and didn't post it. So thank you for doing so!!
  • Quote: So true, glad you said it! I definitely thought it, but my inner filter got the better of me and didn't post it. So thank you for doing so!!
    Well it goes under "Play a game with my husband" too hehe
  • -Cleaning. I'm shocked because I'm not a tidy person in general but since losing weight my house is sooooooooooooooooo much cleaner! I really try to clean now when I have nervous energy

-Coffee. Go out with a friend for coffee or a significant other or just have it at home. Man I love coffee.

-Go to the mall and try on clothes. We don't have money to shop right now but I love seeing how I look in clothes that I hope to buy someday!

-Make a spot in your house/apt to relax. Get a hammock or a comfy chair or just some look nock or craney where you can chill with a good book or watch TV.
  • Mines:

Going for a jog
    Spending time with my BF
    Clothes shopping
    Play with my cat
  • Anything outdoors! I'm a big biker, so I love to go for a ride by the river.
    On the other side of the spectrum -- VIDEO GAMES! They keep your hands busy. Plus, I strongly recommend 'Just Dance' (my new obsession...) Super fun and a great workout!
  • When my day sux it's always the gym that saves me. Or a walk with my dog by the water.