Wii Fit Scale Accuracy?

• Hi all, I recently re-started my diet and I don't have a scale at home. I was planning on not weighing myself at all bc I tend to get caught up in the numbers. However, I'm incredibly curious to see how my hard work is paying off AND I want to use my Wii Fit. I know that the Wii Fit weighs you and gives you a number. I'm just wondering how accurate you ladies have found this number to be?

I know if I weigh myself now and continue to use the same scale it will give me an accurate reflection of how much weight I lose regardless (maybe just not an accurate account of how much I truly weigh). But I'm nervous to step on the scale and see a number that will totally bumb me out (I re-started at 165, so if I see 163 after 2 weeks I'll be upset).
  • Personally, I have found the Wii Fit scale to be relatively accurate, but its accuracy seems to be contingent on what surface the Wii Fit is on. I've always used mine on hardwood and it's been relatively in synch with the reading I get on my electronic bathroom scale.
  • my wii sets on carpet and it is really inaccurate. It weighs me much lighter than I am. It also continues to say that my weight is different while working out. I just ignore it.
  • Quote: Personally, I have found the Wii Fit scale to be relatively accurate, but its accuracy seems to be contingent on what surface the Wii Fit is on. I've always used mine on hardwood and it's been relatively in synch with the reading I get on my electronic bathroom scale.

This is my circumstances as well. On my hardwood floor it is accurate. I love weighing on my wii fit board because I enjoy seeing the graph it creates.
  • Quote: my wii sets on carpet and it is really inaccurate. It weighs me much lighter than I am. It also continues to say that my weight is different while working out. I just ignore it.
    Yeah, just like regular scales you can't use them to get accurate measurements on the carpet. When I had a Wii about two years ago, I would stick it on the flat surface in front of my door in the living room because that's where the game was.

In my experience, it was very accurate as long as I used the right surface. I used it to monitor my weight loss when I was on a previous diet.
  • Thanks for the feedback ladies! I thought that since I was using it on hardwood it would be good. Last night I hopped on (around 5pm) and it read 158.2 lbs. I thought that sounded about right...today I hopped on first thing in the morning...152.8. Um yeah not so much. Lol. Oh wells...lol. I guess I'll continue my journey ignoring the numbers on the Wii Fit and judging progress by the miles I can run and the fit of my clothing!