"That time of the month"

• When it comes to "That time of the month" on IP - do you experience any symptoms? I restarted my BC pills like 2 weeks before I started IP....so my bodys a little off in general. I've been feeling GREAT on IP (I'm on Day 12)....until tonight. I'm in a crabby mood, have a headache, and am tired. I'm also spotting....so I thought maybe it was period-related. Is it normal to not feel as great during this time (I mean since we feel so much better normally on IP)?
  • My first month (6 wks in right now) was CRAZZZZY nutz...I was so emotional it was really quite disgusting. I called it a month of PMS. I didn't get any irregular periods though. Its slowed down but it still pops up, I like to call it drive by PMS.

I think for me, it helped to recognize that I'm not feeding my emotions anymore so not only am I cranky I have to find something else to direct my emotions to.
  • Just so you are aware birth control pills can be less effective on IP, if you don't want an IP baby I'd recommend a second form of BC.
  • Quote: Just so you are aware birth control pills can be less effective on IP, if you don't want an IP baby I'd recommend a second form of BC.
    gooooood to know! haha thank you!
  • Quote: Just so you are aware birth control pills can be less effective on IP, if you don't want an IP baby I'd recommend a second form of BC.
    Ok THAT scares me a little! lol I wonder if it would matter with the Mirena...."IP Baby" made me laugh though thanks
  • I was told the same re: the birth control. I just had my TOM - feel really bloated and swollen... Since I still lost weight, I am happy! and yes, I am grumpy and don't really feel like doing anything.
  • I think you'd be safe with any type of IUD but it might be something to ask your caoch about.

I'm on Nuvaring and haven't had any scares yet, hah. My hubby and I decided we would just risk it and so far we're safe.
  • My last period came and was very different, I never even considered it could be from IP.
    Wow! I wasnt not aware that IP made birth control less effective! Now I need to be more careful, Thanks for passing that along!