Weekend chat thread: Friday June 3- sunday June 5

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to
  • Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lintroduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
    been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
    AND
    posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
    When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
    for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Hope everyone has a great Friday and fabulous weekend. I know weekends are the hardest for me, without my schedule I stick to down pat with work. But I will be fine, I have a positive attitude!!! I also finally jumped on the Walden Farms wagon....wheee....I ordered a few packets of the dressing, so that's exciting!

Have a fab day peeps!!!
  • Good morning everyone, have a great weekend and keep up the good work. Try something different this weekend, I of course will be walking my dogs, but I also give blood on Saturday, so do you know what that means? I can't lift anything heavy for 8 hours... no housework, no yard work... yahoo like a vacation.
  • Oh and always hit reply before I am finished..

Thank you Minewgoal for starting the weekend posts.
  • YAY!! WI #5 I lost 4 more pounds!!!!! I can't believe I lost 23 pounds in 1 month! YIPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quote: YAY!! WI #5 I lost 4 more pounds!!!!! I can't believe I lost 23 pounds in 1 month! YIPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yahoo!!! This is wonderful news! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yippeee!!!
  • Hey guys. Official weigh in this morning and I am down 3 lbs which puts me at exactly 20lbs lost so far on IP. SO HAPPY. There are a few things I need to correct this week. I am also planning on making use of my treadmill to walk a little bit this week.

I am going to be SUPER BUSY this weekend. I have a wedding to go to today, then my nephew's first birthday party tomorrow. He turned 1 on wednesday. I can't believe how fast that year went. He's only one, but he is already growing up way to fast for me.
  • Zsweet?
    Hi All

I was at Whole Foods the other day and tried Zsweet - which is a 0/0/0 sugar alternative -Whole Foods in our area no longer carries Splenda. I thought it was the best non sugar sweetner I have tried to date -- I like splenda but have issues with the aftertaste of stevia -- zsweet had no after taste and seems a bit better choice then the splenda -- my question ....does anyone know if we can use this?
  • What a dream I had last night......I was back to my skinny minnie weight (oh, how good I felt) and yet I had about 3-5 candy bars in each hand,,,eating them.....then realized "hey, this going to put my weight back on, so put them in my pocket"...weird I know.

Guess I got my chocolate binge out in my dreams!!

Have a great weekend all,,,,,and keep it up!!
  • NSV yesterday.
    I teach machine embroidery at my local sewing store one day a week and was getting ready to head out to class. When I went into my closet I discovered not too much that I can fit into any longer. All my slacks are either WAYYYYYYY too big or not quite big enough (like so many of us... I have various sizes of jeans, slacks, etc.--must have skipped a size, however) So.. I opted to wear a dress instead. I haven't been able to get into this dress in years... still very pretty and a classic style. I put it on and WOW! It not only fit, but it was just slightly loose. So I decided to wear it while I still could.

I received so MANY compliments and the fact that at -19 pounds people actually noticed that I am losing! I know that you probably know that feeling, but I had to share it anyway. I'm so thankful for IP and for the people on here who continually keep me motivated. I may be losing the weight, but it's because of your support that I am being so successful.

Thank you!
  • Quote: Hi All

I was at Whole Foods the other day and tried Zsweet - which is a 0/0/0 sugar alternative -Whole Foods in our area no longer carries Splenda. I thought it was the best non sugar sweetner I have tried to date -- I like splenda but have issues with the aftertaste of stevia -- zsweet had no after taste and seems a bit better choice then the splenda -- my question ....does anyone know if we can use this?
    I checked their webpage:

What are the ingredients in ZSweet®?

The ingredients in ZSweet granulated pouches & canisters are erythritol (a naturally occurring sweetener), S. rebaudiana Leaf Extract (an FDA approved stevia extract) and natural flavors (natural botanical extracts).

All of the ingredients in ZSweet are zero calories, zero glycemic, zero-net carbs, certified non-GMO, vegan, kosher, gluten-free, sugar-free and completely 100% natural. We do not add any chemical or artificial ingredients - not even in trace amounts.

Seems like stevia to me...
  • Quote: Hi All

I'm not familiar with this, but it appears to be something we should look into. Does it have any caloric or other nutritional values?
  • Quote: NSV yesterday.
    I teach machine embroidery at my local sewing store one day a week and was getting ready to head out to class. When I went into my closet I discovered not too much that I can fit into any longer. All my slacks are either WAYYYYYYY too big or not quite big enough (like so many of us... I have various sizes of jeans, slacks, etc.--must have skipped a size, however) So.. I opted to wear a dress instead. I haven't been able to get into this dress in years... still very pretty and a classic style. I put it on and WOW! It not only fit, but it was just slightly loose. So I decided to wear it while I still could.

I received so MANY compliments and the fact that at -19 pounds people actually noticed that I am losing! I know that you probably know that feeling, but I had to share it anyway. I'm so thankful for IP and for the people on here who continually keep me motivated. I may be losing the weight, but it's because of your support that I am being so successful.

Thank you!
    That is an awesome feeling isn't it. So awesome!!
  • Quote: I checked their webpage:

What are the ingredients in ZSweet®?

The ingredients in ZSweet granulated pouches & canisters are erythritol (a naturally occurring sweetener), S. rebaudiana Leaf Extract (an FDA approved stevia extract) and natural flavors (natural botanical extracts).

All of the ingredients in ZSweet are zero calories, zero glycemic, zero-net carbs, certified non-GMO, vegan, kosher, gluten-free, sugar-free and completely 100% natural. We do not add any chemical or artificial ingredients - not even in trace amounts.

Seems like stevia to me...
    Thanks!!! I too looked on the website and figured it was a stevia derivative but lacking the aftertaste. I bought a box and have been using it (I even added some to my husbands coffee the other day to see if he would notice, he HATES artificial sweeteners and stevia makes him gag...he had no idea-- of course I get a real, albeit twisted, kick out of doing this kind of food/IP test on the unsuspecting) - I was just wondering if anyone else has tried it and if anyone has a coach that says it is okay. My coach is also checking into it -- but you all are soooo smart and on top of stuff I wanted to ask here too. Thanks again for checking it out -- if you have a chance to try it -- they have packets at the coffee bar at the Whole foods in Friendship Heights and Rockville - let me know what you think.
  • I can't believe it's the weekend already! Congrats to LeeArr and Reenabeana on some solid losses this week!

I spent about an hour going through old clothes that I had packed away but never actually donated. I'm glad now because I found a few pairs of pants and a couple of tops that I can wear again- my skinny Banana republic jeans fit me again. It's time to get rid of most of my old pants because every time I go up the stairs to my office, my pants are falling down. Not too professional when you're caught hiking your pants up at the top the of the stairwell.

I've read about doing a cleanse at around week 5. I was wondering if anyone has done one? I sure feel like I could use one this week. Blech.
    I hope everyone has a fabulous day!