Autumn Beauties June Check-In (Everyone is Welcome to Join!!)

You're on Page 8 of 15
Go to
  • You are shrinking, too, GettinFit!! I'm really glad we're doing the OP weekend challenge...it does help me a lot mentally!
  • Today I finally get away from temptation. We're leaving my aunt's, so no more eating out, which should mean I'll get rid of this water weight I picked up and get back on track with my eating.
  • Question
    If i keep my calories at 1500 ( to high?)
    and burn about 200 calories a day( walking mile-1.5_)and some muscle toning.At least 5 days a week.
    12 glasses of water a day
    Does that sound like it will do the job?

Or should i change something?

just wondering what others think.?
  • Friday ~ Give it a try for a few weeks and see what happens. It sounds like a great plan, but our bodies are such science experiments. Don't look at the results after just one week of doing this...look at your results after at least 3 or 4 weeks.
  • hey folks! i apologize for my lack of posting the last few days. with my work schedule being all kinds of crazy and trying to sneak in some time with the hubby (his hours 8-5, my hours 2-11), i've not had much time to play at the computer... or really make sure i'm eating right.

i haven't been able to exercise (in the traditional sense) for about a week now due to my bad ankle being angry, i've even been wearing my brace to work every day (and i usually only need it for a couple hours at a time), i haven't been counting calories much either, just generally relying on portion control. i've been getting all my water in though!

i guess i haven't done too much damage, because yesterday's weigh in was 266.5, and 3.3lbs down from last friday. i suppose i can call this 'maintenance practice' because i'm pretty sure my activity + food would keep me maintaining my goal weight with a little adjustment or two.

it's the weekend, and i'm off work, and my day started with an 1100 calorie brunch. it was super yummy and i'm glad i made it because hubby was very appreciative of the food. i'm gonna keep it light the rest of the day, and make sure i get my water in.

hope everyone has a great weekend!!
  • I did Margie's Good and Strong Vol 1 today 60min of weights. Set in her pretty backyard, she is alone but has some 'not your average' exercises which I always appreciate. I realized I haven't done this one in over a year. Years ago I started writing the dates I did each workout in the DVD boxes, but I only recently started writing short discriptions and if I LIKED the workout also. Apparently, I can't count on my memory any more; I maintain I had a perfect memory until I got married, then having to remember everything for Hubby wore it out.

Is anyone else have trouble with the 'go to first unread' button?
  • Wed
    B~ protein shake + vit + iron
    L~ Olive Garden 2 ser salad, 1 breadstick, 1/4 Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo
    S~ melon
    D~??
    E= 40min cardio

Th
    B~ protein shake + vit + iron
    L~salad + Jason's Deli 1/2 turkey sandwich
    S~ seasoned crutons {craving crunchy}
    D~ butternut soup + 1.2 homemade turkey sand
    S~ scoop ice cream
    E= 60min weights

FRi

SAT
    B~ protein shake + vit +iron
    L~ salad + 1/4 Olive Garden Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo
    S~ grapes
    D~2 slilces Pizza Hut Veggie + sausage
    S~ grapes + cereal
    E~60min weights.
  • Good morning, ladies!

Mandy ~ I hope your ankle is ok!! And congrats on the 3.3 pounds down since last Friday!

I hope everyone has a great day today. So far, being OP this weekend hasn't been bad at all...today is going to be another great OP day!
  • Good morning ladies! I hope everyone is having a great OP weekend. The past few days have NOT been OP in any way/shape/form. I started working in a new department in my organization and it has STRESSED me out - I was transferred unexpectedly and so far..ugh! I have not been dealing with the stress very well - just eating for comfort, really, not tracking. Ugh. There were definitely moments when I wanted to check in with you all to keep on track but it has been THAT busy for me - didn't have a chance!

Today is a new day, however, and I am focused on making this day an OP day. Just going to take this one day at a time.
  • Good afternoon ladies,

I hope you're all having a great Sunday!

Tricia - Sorry about your work situation. I hope it gets better and less stressful for you.

Mandy - I hope your ankle is feeling better to an CONGRATS on losing over 3 pounds! That is great.

Emme - How are you doing with the weekend challenge? It has been a saver for me. Last night I wanted to snack so bad but I wasn't hungry and I knew I couldn't stop at 1 serving if I got started. Knowing that I'd have to report here really helped me to avoid eating anything eles last night.

Penguin - How is your day going?

I was invited to a brunch at a friend's today and I brought a salad with low fat salad dressing, a bag of baked Lays & I made a LF strawberry pie. I think I ate very good. First I filled my plate with salad & I added 1 slice of turkey breast, some chicken/pasta salad, a scoop of potato salad, 1 slice cheese and some baked Lays chips. For dessert I had a slice of my pie. My friend made a home made pound cake from Paula Deen's cookbook that is out of this world and I resisted it!!! I was so proud of myself.

I plan on doing a Firm workout later this evening. This week I'm going to do more Firm or Turbo Fire workouts because I need to work more on my core & upper body. I am 1/2 way on my walking goal for the month (22.5/45)

My Menu for today:

B: Banana (1pt) Skim milk (2pts) coffee (1pt)
    L: Salad w/Ken's light oil & vinegar dressing, 1/2 C potato salad, 1/2 C chicken/pasta salad, baked Lays, 1 sl cheese, 1 pc lf strawberry pie, water
    D:
    S:
    Exercise: Firm
  • GettinFit ~ This weekend has been really good and I'm glad we did the OP challenge this weekend. It feels great to actually get through an entire weekend OP!!
  • No workout today. Hubby and I hung out around the house but did the groc shopping.

Sun
    B= protein shake + vit + iron
    L= salad + homemade chicken salad on homemade bread
    D= beef ravioli + homemade tomato sauce , carrots and green beans
    S= strawberry ice cream
  • Good morning ladies,

Emme - I'm glad you had a successful weekend too! Congrats on your new low yesterday. I hope it sticks around for you. I've been doing the daily weighing but I am trying to stop this week. I am going to try not to weigh too often for a while, at least until I get below 215. On Sat I was 216.8 and yesterday I bounced back up to 218. I know it's only water gain but still I don't like seeing the #s.

Penguin - I'm glad you enjoyed the day with your hubby.

I'm ready for another great week! I just wish it would cool off a bit here. This heat is really getting to me. This week I won't be going to walk as much because last week it just drained me . This week I will focus on doing more DVDs (inside with the AC).

Have a great day ladies
  • Good morning, ladies! GettinFit, we just had our temps cool off after abnormal highs (for early June) in the 90s for a few days...it's now down to the 70s which is much easier to work outside in. I don't blame you for staying inside the cool air!

It felt so great to be OP this weekend! It leaves me feeling refreshed and focused. I lost 5 pounds since last Monday, but I don't know what the heck happened. I do know that I was sick this morning from the Lucky Charms I ate last night (they weren't so magically delicious to my insides), so I'm thinking my weight will come back up tomorrow or Wednesday...if not, that's fine with me!! LOL!!

Have a great day, everyone!
  • We took April to a local shaded park for a short walk. Poor dog has a big rectangle of shaved hair on her back from the surgery that hasn't grown back as quickly as her shaved leg. We are sure other people think we are weird. At least Hubby has stopped writing messages on it, LOL.

Another day of running errands and hopefully working in the yard, but its supposed to rain.

Hubby and I have started watching cooking shows together again. We drift in and out of this habit, its one of our few combined interests so we are cooking together more also, which is always a good thing.