Alternachicks Chatter - May 25 to end of June

You're on Page 6 of 9
Go to
  • Goooood and Happy Wednesday everyone!

Got in some nice movement this morning. I'm eating properly. Drinking water. Feeling lovely!

This weekend... I'll need to go grocery shopping and pick up more fruits and veggies. Today's my FIL's birthday... and Friday... is MY birthday! Wheee!

Planning on getting a cannoli as my one birthday treat. A big, delicious cannoli. No cake or anything. (Cause who wants cake when you can have cannoli?)

We might go out to dinner to celebrate the birthdays + father's day this weekend. Possibly sushi. If it's sushi, I already know what I'm getting and I'll stick to it. Miso Soup, Alaska Roll, Rainbow Roll. And call it a day.

Okay it's nice out. I should do some planning and some work around the house. See you all!
  • @Lovely - I got some water and a nice walk this morning too, but I realized I have like no work out clothes... time to go shopping! And I have to disagree on the cannoli - I'm more of a Red Velvet cake gal gotta love cream cheese frostng

Today I have to do some cleaning with the boyfriend, mostly because me moving into his place has caused us to have to re-arrange everything and half of our stuff is still floating around the place >_< I also want to get some fresh fruits and citrus because I'm getting tired of plain water and I read an article about putting fresh berries and citrus in a water pitcher to give it some flavor.
  • Hi everyone!

I too am glad to see this forum ramping back up, for I like the diverse points of view this forum provides. Great company and conversation in this forum, for sure.

Ellie
  • Hurray and happy Thursday!

Michi - Mmm... cream cheese frosting... that's why I like carrot cake But, still! I'm steadfast about my cannoli decision for this birthday. I could use a good pair of workout pants... Hmm.

Ellie - Hiya! Hope to see you posting more around here! You're more than welcome ^^

Well. It's another lovely day. It's so nice... I can't explain it. I'm like a little sparkler of joy today. Oh well, ride with it, right?
  • Happy Monday to everyone, well Thursday, but it is my Monday. How I dread Mondays....

I got to see the man yesterday, and drove home this morning. He will be coming down tomorrow evening to see me, and I can't wait. I am pretty excited, we have been kicking around moving in with eachother, and it might come sooner than expected since my lease is up August 1, and him just moving out here from out of state, he has been sleeping at a friend's place.

I lived with my ex husband, I was 19 and was out by 20. Then one guy for a short duration, but that was more of a roommate thing. So this is my first time in years to even think about it. My son hasn't ever lived with any man but my brother when he stayed with me, so this is definitely different.

I will have cable when he moves with me, so I will get all caught up with True Blood!
  • @ryeb - Yay for True Blood 'tis the season for big changes, I know a lot of friends moving in with their significant others but that could be more due to graduating college than anything.

@Ellie - I know, there's never a dull topic here!!

We had some friends over tonight and I made myself steamed rice and spicy beef and broccoli which ended up being too spicy, so I resorted to having a bunless hot dog and half a burger >_< luckily I had extra calories left for dinner, but that was a bummer. It was nice to have people over though, and we got to talking about geek stuff like playing Magic the Gathering and other CCGs. My boyfriend and I are looking to get back into card games after a 2 year or so hiatus, which could be very refreshing.
  • Ryeb - Oooh! I hope that moving in with the man goes smoothly!

Michi - Yay for geek stuff ^^

Well, folks, the day is here. It's my birthday. I'm 28! Which means I made it through the dangerous 27th year when all the famous people die... guess I'm not famous!

Planning to have a lovely and relaxing day. Have to take my walk still, but I know I'll get it done before tonight.

Have a great one, all!
  • Lovely, way to make me fear waking up every day!! I still have until March to get out of 27!! AHHHHH LOL

Happy birthday I hope that you get to enjoy that canoli

Michi, I would have loved to eat your spicy food!! I love spicy!! I resorted to eating everything in site yesterday Today I even drank a root beer =/ I think I am binge eating this week...
  • Great to be here
    Thanks, guys, for the warm welcome!

Ooh, True Blood, eh? I got Netflix for the summer (can't have the huge distraction during school months) and have caught up on both Weeds and the Tudors and was looking for something else to feed my tv beasty! I'll see if Netflix has it! I also caught up with that TV Land show Hot in Cleveland with Betty White, she's a scream!

@Lovely: Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a lovely one.

Ellie
  • Hello ladies. I hope that you all have had an awesome weekend. Mine has been just ok. You would think it would be awesome since the man came down to see me, but I found myself being overly emo this weekend (not even time to PMS) and it made the visit some what miserable.
  • Ellie - Thanks! <3 I have to watch the last season of the Tudors still.

Ryeb - Aww... We all have emo days. Such is life!

I went out to dinner with my FIL today to celebrate his birthday, my birthday and Father's Day. We went for sushi, and I am so proud of myself! This is the first time I've gone to a restaurant since April, and I did well. I planned ahead of time what I would order. I ordered exactly that. I tracked my food exactly. ... I made a plan, and I stuck with it. And the sushi was soooo good. I was satisfied, and I'm satisfied just thinking back on it!

Tomorrow is weigh-in day for the week. Oh! Also I'm 20 days into my On Plan Challenge! I feel great!

all around!
  • Hey guys =) Happy midweek!

Did everyone have a good Solstice/Midsummer/First Day of the New Season? =)

I've been feeling a little frumpy the past couple of days. Not sure why. Hopefully I'll slap out of it soon. Pretty proud that I've been exercising each day, still.

Just last night I saw that Weird Al released a new video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_BmTGv43M

Hurray for amusing parodies ^^

See you all later! Hope things are going well!
  • hey all new t the chatter but thought id pop in!
    today was terrible but we all have those days. emotions running on high and nonstop crying. suuuper fun. but hopefully after a bout of Big Bang Theory ill feel better!! have a good (oh whats today....)Thursday!!
  • Heya GuardDawg - Welcome! Dive on in

Sorry you were having such a bad day of it Hope your show cheered you a bit! See you around!
  • Good job Lovely for keeping up with the work outs. I am falling short lately. I have no motivation I have even gained weight lately. I have been just tired lately. BOO

Guarddog, keep your chin up, I have emo days all the time. Sometimes I curse myself for having a va jay jay lol