Belly Fat Cure 2011 1

You're on Page 6 of 23
Go to
  • Hi! I'm Sarah, and I'm brand new to the board. I started BFC 2 days ago and I'm skeptical that I can actually lose weight without counting calories or starving (which makes me cranky), but I'm down a little bit already, so definitely optimistic!

Using Twitter to hold myself accountable, like a daily journal. Posting what I eat for every meal. Hopefully in a year, I can look back on it and see patterns, what worked, where I could have done better, etc.

I've enjoyed reading all of your posts and look forward to being a part of the conversation!
  • welcome sarah . these girls are great .
  • Hi everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I posted; I've been getting my salon off the ground!! Down to the nitty gritty... I've lost a total of 6 lbs and I feel great!! My weight loss was only for one week, my weight didn't move last week but I find my body doesn't usually lose weight the week of my cycle. Anyone else notice that? I also find if I don't have the full 6 servings of carbs, I stall. Wow, what a difference from the Atkins way of thinking. Hope to be able to catch up more now!

Dani
  • I made it to Wonderland!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Eineys Mom.....Hope to join you soon!

How long did it take to get there?
  • well I for one have decided to wait on checking how many lb I have lost in a week . rain has not been kind to me so can't workout but my food has been on track so hopefully something is better then nothing .
  • If you have the food on track, that in itself is a BIG accomplishment.
    Myself I got off track a bit today and I am feeling like beating my own butt!
  • Hey. I am starting the belly fat cure (for the second time) I always go back to pop. It's my weakness. I have tried the kind the book suggest, but it just doesn't do it for me. How have you all kicked the sugar bug??
  • LLM, I can't say that I have totally kick sugar. But I buy the crystal lite with truvia and put it in my water. I drink lots of water without anything and I have a piece of dark chocalate. I try to stay within my limits. I have heard that chromium picolinate helps to stop sugar cravings. It helps regulate insulin. I think tomorrow I will bake some brownies from the book. I personally do better if I have no sweets for the first 2 weeks. But....that is sooo hard! Good luck and stay strong.
  • BCL216,

Thanks for the congrats! It took me right at 3 months to hit wonderland. I still have a long way to go but I'm not rushing it. I look at 10 lbs at a time. I dont expect to be at goal for another year. I'm in for the long haul but will celebrate the small successes along the way!
  • Eineys Mom,
    Sounds like a great plan, and you are doing well. I am down 2lbs this am and I am doing the BFC challenge and need to lose 8lbs. by 7/31. I figure if I keep my goals small and realistic, that it is easier and I can do it. I started the BFC challenge & beyond thread in hopes that it would keep me on track and accountable. So far it is working, its just going slow. But I have lost 16lbs. all together sense starting in late Feb.2011. I think that I need to watch my salt intake as well and pay a little more attention to my calories.

Have A Good Day!
  • one pound at a time....
  • Congrats Eineys Mom, BCL and all who have lost weight! I was on vacation at the beach last week, and tried my best to resist all the sweets and snack foods my family brought along, but it was a challenge. Sugar cravings are virtually gone since I switched to Stevia, and it's easier to eat less all around. I managed to maintain without gaining anything, so I consider that a WIN when on vacation. Flying to Charlotte, NC this evening for a week of Microsoft training, and hope I'm able to stay on plan living from a hotel. Have a good week and stay cool!
  • Webwoman, I so happy for you that you did not gain while on vacation. The fact that you maintained is great. I hope that you can do the same this week and maybe shed a few as well. Stay strong and have a great BFC week.
  • First day in Charlotte has been great, as good choices are available in the hotel and at Microsoft headquarters. You wouldn't BELIEVE the cafeteria MS has...every kind of healthy (and some unhealthy) foods you can imagine, but the people hear seem very happy and there's a cool outdoor dining area with ceiling fans, a full chick fil a and Starbucks (all bevs are free to employees and us if you can believe it!) Lots of grill areas with healthy and whole grain foods and they recycle everything. I'm off to walk in the gym at the hotel now, so staying OP so far. Keep the faith, BFC chicks!