Broke the plateau!

• So after 2 months of the scale not budging, I finally dropped a couple pounds! My clothes are also feeling even looser. I didn't change anything with my plan... I guess my body just wanted a break. Are these plateaus common? It was disheartening there for awhile. My boyfriend has been telling me I need to stop caring so much about the number on the scale so I took his advice. Sure enough, when I started to focus on the positive aspects the scale started to change again. Positive #1: My blood pressure is down from 130s/90s to 113/63. Positive #2: I can climb the 6 flights of stairs at work and come out at the top barely winded. Just one flight of those used to kill me.
  • We are the same height and when I reached the 160's I hit a plateau as well. It was all fine and good until I got into the low 140's. But I was better with the stall at 140 than I was when I was 160+. Congratulations on getting past the plateau and another congratulations on the health benefits that came along with it!

Awesome job so far and KUDOS to you for waiting it out and not giving up. That, in my opinion, is your biggest success!! WTG!
  • Wow! Congrats! This is encouraging for me because i'm struggling with a plateau as well. I had given up then gained 6 pounds back. I just lost those 6 pounds and waiting to lose some more! Congrats!
  • Wow, I know nothing feels better than breaking through a plateau! Congratulations :-)
  • I broke through a 3.5 month plateau after finally realizing that I wasn't eating enough. *sigh* If only I'd figured that out a couple of month ago, but that's OK I'm happy now!!