The Onederland Express - Hop on Here!! #5

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to
  • Susie - I think your goal of 15 pounds is completely doable! As for sprees, I hate to sound simplistic, but I just didn't allow them while I was losing. I barely allow them now, to be honest. If I want something high in calories, I forego my normal amounts of food during the day...I save up for it basically. I don't do the catch up game of trying to eat less the next few days, because I never want to eat less, lol. For me now, a spree is an extra 200 calories or so. I just couldn't stand the idea of losing ground. And now, I can't stand the idea of having to lose again.

Carri - I didn't even hear about that case until I saw people posting about it on facebook so I don't know many of the details but it certainly looks she got away with something. That poor baby, it makes my heart break. I'm sure the extra sodium made your weight go up, and it will go back down soon!

Anyhow I started my riding classes on Tuesday - well we didn't ride but learned about saddling and grooming and all that good stuff. I felt like a little kid I had so much fun. I cannot wait until next Tuesday!!!
  • Hi girls! Carri and Susie, I don't want you to feel too lonely! LOL, I'm still waffling and stressed and trying to spend less time on the computer, so I don't know how much checking in I'm ready for yet. But as always, I'm still reading all the posts, so just thought I'd say HI. Also, Carri, I can't even tell you how excited I am for tonight's return of Big Brother! It's almost embarrassing how much I can't wait for that show! It gives me a break from the drama of real life - hallelujah!

Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • Happy Friday morning Girls !!!! TGIF !!!!

Susie- I like Liz dont really do any weekend "spree's" because when I do I end up gaining a pound or two and having to spend the following week getting that back off and not making any headway...I do have an occasional cheat meal but I dont go over my cals by that much, maybe 300-500 at max....stay strict over this weekend and see how much of a difference it makes.

Auntie G - YES !!! I was just as giddy as you about Big Brother , am so glad they brought back EvilDick and his daughter....gonna be a good season ...well except for Rachel, man she is SO annoying !!!! Catch ya on fb

Liz - Yeah she did get away with something, horrible....RIP little Caylee.
    She gets out of jail on the 17th....crazy.

Hi Mel and Arabella !!!

Hope you all have a great weekend !!! An OP weekend !!!

See ya
    Carri
  • HI. It looks like everyone was busy over the weekend, that was the case with me.

I am happy to report that I didn't have a weekend spree and stayed on track this weekend and I feel better for it, both mentally and physically.
    Thank you to Liz and Carri for getting my mind wrapped around that.

Liz: I'm so glad you are doing the horseback riding classes!

Carri: How was your weekend?

Arabella: I was thinking about you over the weekend when I was reading about the Choir Olympics that will be coming to Cincinnati, OH this time next year. Any chance your group will be doing that?

Auntie: So glad that you dropped by!
  • Morning everyone....how was your weekends? Mine was good, I did have a small cheat last night for dinner ( with ice cream and some chips ) but for the most part I was very good...and I deserve it once in a while, plus need to keep my metabolism guessing, haha...

Dh surprised me with new gorgeous lights for the garage ( outside ) and matching smaller lights for front porch and back porch, they are beautiful and make the house look SO good...

It is SO freakin hot here, we are having temps in the 90's ....I tell ya I like Summer but these temps are getting old, you cant even stand to be outside because it is so humid....just gross....

Susie - glad you didnt have a spree this weekend, I bet you are going to see a great loss because of it....

My stomach is really feeling crummy today because of the oily chips and ice cream last night ( I am lactose intolerant ) but they tasted so good, haha

Oh well .......hope you all have a great day !! Check in with us.

Carri
  • here again, cool temps. I don't mind -- much better for working. I resent having to work in beautiful weather but this is sort-of cozy.

I've been maintaining, weight-wise, and I'm ready to start losing again. Over two months of hot yoga down now, it should be possible. I'm still building muscle but surely that can't make it impossible. No, I know if I just start being more scrupulous with my food, the weight will come off. So, then, that's the plan.

It seriously took me a few days to recover from the performance. I came across a rave review that someone posted to their blog. They said it was "thrilling" which is certainly how it felt. I found out yesterday that there'll be CDs of the performance available, so I'm looking forward to hearing what the audience heard.

Susie, that "getting our heads around the concept" is such a large part of this battle. Here's to it!

The Choir Olympics sounds like a blast. Our choir, for no good reason, doesn't get any trips. The associated youth choir, on the other hand, just sang at the Vatican. There are fundraising activities to defray part of the costs. And I've heard a lot of comments about the adult choir being far superior. Hmmph!

Carri, once more, if I could send you some cool, I would. Plenty, plenty to go around. It's not -- quite -- uncomfortable here. I'm working from my front porch while rain pelts down outside.

The Caylee story is terrible -- it sounds like it's possible the death was an accident and covered up but still so sad. The poor sweet baby!

Liz, you've got your head on so straight! No wonder you were so quickly successful and are going to keep that darned weight off. Kudos!

Auntie g, add me to that list -- I'm lonely for you too Hoping the stress eases soon! It's been a rough couple of years for you.

K, my eggs are boiled. May have a half-grapefruit too -- was just reading yesterday how it's got something in it that makes wrinkles diminish.

Have a great day, Wimmin!

• Crazy busy at work this week since I'm off next week for a vacation.
    We have somethings planned but not doing a whole lot...since we had all the home repairs...still it will be nice to not be on a schedule or drive to work.

Food for July 11, 2011
    B=greek yogurt, 1 cookie
    L=peanut butter sandwhich, pretzales, pears
    D=1/2 stuffed pepper (rice, mushrooms, olives, salsa), 1 p of bread with butter, 1 serving Dole Harvest Salad.

And ladies, I skipped the ice cream! I thought I wanted some after I ate but was full so I decided to wait until 9 to see if I still wanted it and I didn't.

I hope to be able to do personals later or tomorrow.
  • Morning Girls ....wow, it has been SO freakin hot here lately...we havent had any days below 90 in a LONG time...today and tomorrow are supposed to be in the low 80's but for the weekend right back up to the low to mid 90's...next Tuesday says 95 !!!!! I tell ya this Summer is really getting to me...I normally can take it but this just sucks.

I have been holding my own, started TOM a little early so that has made me more hungry so I have been over calories a bit for the last couple of days...so that is not what I like but I have just been so hungry.

Arabella - yes !!!!! please send me some cool air por favor !!!!! Great to hear the performance was great...that would be so fun

Susie - Hope you have a great week off next week !!!! I have my vac in a few weeks too, cannot wait !!!

Hope you all are having a good week and are a little cooler than I am !!

Carri
  • Time to snap this thing back into gear!

Okay, maintenance time is over. Time to lose again. I'm going to start a 21 day challenge. Only exception is Monday evening, which is my birthday. One of my sisters is making a spelt carrot cake for a celebration, so I'll have a piece of that.

Anyone else interested in committing to something for 21 days?

No sugar *occasional glass of wine excepted
    No wheat
    No processed junk
    Lots of veggies & fruit
    Gallons of water
    At least 10k steps a day
    Hot yoga at least 5 times a week
    Tai chi at least 5 times a week

Susie, I like a staycation just fine. Sometimes rushing around to go places is more work and staying home is more relaxing. DH & I are planning little trips around the region because the budget's tight this year.

Oh, and the work thing -- busier before, busier after. I think we need longer vacations to make up for it.

Carri, how does 56 grab you? That's what we've got today and it's not supposed to get much warmer until the weekend. Supposed to be warm and sunny then, though, so I hope to get to the beach.

K, gearing up to get over to hot yoga. Here goes Day 1...
  • Morning, girls! Day 2 back on the wagon for me. Haven't weighed in yet, but I'll do it on Saturday to get back to normal.

Arabella, I'm thinking about that 21 day challenge- is it possible I could go that long without chocolate? Hmmm, seems kinda scary, but I think I'll try it. Can I start yesterday? One solid day down- woo hoo!

Carri, we have a break in the heat today and it is AWESOME! It was downright chilly on my 5am walk! But yeah, it's not gonna last long. I better make the most of today and get some stuff done around the house.

Susie, congrats on the skipped ice cream! And have a nice relaxing vacation!

So, my job's wrapping up now- yesterday was my first day off. I'm still working 2 days a week for now, but I guess it's time to face reality. That whole mess has been a big part of my stress lately, but I'm trying to put a more positive spin on it and get myself together now. Maybe I'll finally find a miracle job that makes me happy. Well, it COULD happen, right? Oye!

Better get started on my resume. Have a great day all!
  • Morning All ....so nice here today, gonna be a high of 82 ...but back to 90's tomorrow and all weekend, ughhhh...better get out and enjoy today....my db is coming over for dinner tonight, think we will grill out and sit on the patio to eat so I can enjoy the weather...

I had pizza last night and dairy queen ice cream...so there it is , my Weds night confession, haha ....

Arabella - I would be up for a 21 day challenge...count me in !!!! Your weather sounds so great...I am telling ya I just need to move up there

Auntie G - yeah maybe once this is said and done and you arent going there at all you can focus on getting something else...and yes there is always HOPE !!! You can get an even better job that you will like , it is out there...just start looking...good job on the one good day down...that's how it starts

Hi LIz and Mel

Susie - I didnt skip the icecream, haha ...it was so good...the thing that blows is that I have some of it left at home...gonna have to go home and either throw it out or put it in the freezer in the garage...out of sight out of mind...

Okay girls, gotta go eat breakfast...was trying to eat it later because I have to eat lunch late due to getting my teeth cleaned...dont ya just love getting that done ( she types sarcastically ) ...haha

Have a good one.

Carri
  • Day 2, uh-huh!
    I can tell you for sure that if I hadn't started this challenge yesterday, I'd have gone off-plan, probably involving ice cream or some other no-no whilst slouching on the couch watching Ghost Whisperer. However, I reminded myself that eating on the couch is not allowed. I reminded myself that sugar and other crap are not permitted. I was hungry, so I had a little bit of hummus with baby carrots and half a grapefruit and I was good until dinner.

Carri, yeah, there's not much worse than having someone in your mouth prodding and scraping away. Last time I was in the chair, it was just getting to the "When will she FINISH???" point when that song "Right here, right now, there's no place I'd rather be" came on the radio. Almost made it worth it.

YAY for taking the challenge!!! But, um, what was it you're committing to?

Auntie g, Carri said it all, job-wise. It's so hard to feel okay when there's such stressful stuff going on in our lives. This too shall pass. But in the meantime, this is our lives and we need to live them. I've been a bit doldrummy lately too, trying to perk up.

For sure, you can count that solid day down. Chocolate's a hard one, it definitely has special status.

Susie, Liz, Mel!

All right -- let's get out there and do our level best with this one. Let's make it work for us.
  • Morning Girls !!! yay for Friday !!!!!

I stepped on the scale this morning and saw that I was a pound up, but that would be about right since I have had a few nights where I was over cals this week, plus I am on my TOM ...so, blah Especially my pizza and Dairy Queen night doesnt help, haha

Arabella - I will committ to a 21 day challenge of no cheats...totally on or under my calories for 21 days....

Gonna be a hot one this weekend, lower 90's ...so I will probably be house bound all weekend...I have alot of cleaning that needs to be done so I will probably do that for some good ol exercise.

Hope you all have a great weekend !!!!!

Carri
  • Hey gals!!

I don't feel like I can catch up so I'll just plow ahead! We got back from our camping trip on Tuesday, and then things have been nuts since then with my boss in town. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

Arabella - A 21 day challenge?? I like that!! My committment is to take at least a half hour walk for 21 days! So glad to hear your performance went so wonderfully, where can you pick up a CD?

Carri - Yes DQ and pizza (and TOM) will do that to you!! And I will be right there with you on the cleaning this w/e....it's really getting gross around here!! It basically looks like fisher price threw up on my house, lol.

auntie g - I'll be working on my resume with you! I know I keep talking about my job ending and it keeps just going on, but had a meeting yesterday which pretty much told the story we're done soon....still no "last day" yet but the writing is on the wall. Anyhow not fun! I hope you and I find our miracle jobs soon!

Susie - Definitely staycations are really nice. We had a good time camping but it was a bit stressful too - Katie at almost 18 months of course doesn't listen about not running off...so we spent most of our time chasing after her, we were happy to get back to our four walls and fenced in backyard! haha Hope you have a great week off!

As for me just hanging out, busy busy of course...had my second riding lesson on Tuesday - absolutely loving it! Looking forward to the weekend, I spent most of this week driving around Toronto, which I don't particularly like - too much traffic! Anyhow have a great day everyone!
  • Well, am I ever shocked! Today's WI had me right where I left off when I fell off the wagon. I can hardly believe that all that chocolate didn't do more damage than 3 days back OP could fix. Must be all the puppy walking and lifting I've been doing...

Carri, how's that cleaning going? We're heating up again here, too, and it's gonna be unbearable by Monday. Yippee. What do you make of Big Brother? I was annoyed that they were bringing back past people, but it sure does make me giggle seeing Jeff and Jordan again. Haven't warmed up to any of the newbies yet, but it's still early. I'm thinking Daniele just might go far. It's so good to have it back!

Arabella, hurray for the challenge keeping you on the straight and narrow! I've got 3 chocolate free days down and a good way into the 4th now. I am allowing fake stuff like fat free choc pudding- I don't want to send my body completely into shock! LOL! My problem over the past 6 weeks has been solid REAL chocolate, so that's what must be avoided! Hope you're climbing out of the doldrums!

Liz, how's that resume coming along? Haha, I have never written one in my life, so I'm having quite a hard time getting started. Sigh... Glad you're having fun with your riding lessons! I used to do a little bit of riding years ago, when my friend owned a horse. Got stepped on once, too! LOL! I'd do it again if the opportunity presented itself. Ride, not get stepped on...

Gonna take myself to the pool before the sun goes down. Have a good one, everyone!